Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Class II malocclusion division 1: a new classification method by cephalometric analysisL Perillo
Department of Dentistry, Second University of Naples, Italy
Eur J Paediatr Dent 13:192-6. 2012..The purpose of this study was to analyse the craniofacial and dentofacial skeletal characteristics in untreated subjects with Class II, division 1 malocclusion by mandibular retrusion and to identify different types and their prevalence...
- Surgical treatment of gingival overgrowth with 10 years of follow-upAndrea Ballini
Department of Dental Sciences and Surgery, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Head Face Med 6:19. 2010..Aim of this study is to describe an operative protocol for the surgical treatment of localized gingival overgrowth analyzing the surgical technique, times and follow-up...
- Meta-analysis of skeletal mandibular changes during Frankel appliance treatmentLetizia Perillo
Departments of Orthodontics, Second University of Naples, Italy
Eur J Orthod 33:84-92. 2011..An evidence-based approach to the orthodontic outcomes of FR-2 appliance is needed, by selecting and comparing groups of children with the same cephalometric characteristics with and without treatment...
- Evaluation of long-term effects in patients treated with Fränkel-2 applianceL Perillo
Department of Dentistry, Maxillo Facial Surgery and Orthodontics, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Eur J Paediatr Dent 12:261-6. 2011..To evaluate the dentoskeletal effects produced by Fränkel-2 (FR-2) appliance during the treatment of patients with Class II malocclusion by mandibular retrusion and to verify the long-term stability of these changes...
- Nonlinear visco-elastic finite element analysis of porcelain veneers: a submodelling approach to strain and stress distributions in adhesive and resin cementLetizia Perillo
Department of Oral Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Adhes Dent 12:403-13. 2010..To assess under load the biomechanical behavior of the cementing system of feldspathic vs alumina porcelain veneers...
- Mandibular lip bumper treatment and second molar eruption disturbancesFabrizia Ferro
Free Practitioner in Orthodontics, Naples, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 139:622-7. 2011..The second aim was to assess, among treated patients (n = 197), the main potential determinants of M2 impaction and ectopic eruption...
- Mandibular lip bumper for molar torque controlGiuseppe Celentano
Department of Orthodontics, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Prog Orthod 12:90-2. 2011..Aim of this paper is the presentation of a new type of lip bumper that allows the molar torque control...
- Early treatment of an ectopic premolar to prevent molar-premolar transpositionRosangela Cannavale
Postgraduate Student, Department of Orthodontics, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 143:559-69. 2013..This challenging treatment approach is described in detail, including the mechanics used to align the ectopic premolar. Early treatment can, in many cases, prevent a molar-premolar transposition...
- The importance of cortical bone orthotropicity, maximum stiffness direction and thickness on the reliability of mandible numerical modelsDavide Apicella
Department of Odontostomatological, Orthodontic and Surgical Disciplines, Second University of Naples, Caserta, Italy
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 93:150-63. 2010..To identify mechanical and geometrical variables affecting the biofidelity of numerical models of human mandible. Computed results sensibility to cortical bone orthotropy and thicknesses is investigated...
- Orthodontic movement of impacted cuspid in fibrodysplastic bone: a case reportGiuseppe Colella
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Second University of Naples, 80100 Naples, Italy
Bone 46:248-50. 2010..The reported case clinically support the latest histological studies suggesting that in fibrodisplastic bone osteoblasts are present but altered in shape and therefore difficult to recognize in sections...