M A Melone
Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- The ADAMTS18 gene is responsible for autosomal recessive early onset severe retinal dystrophyIvana Peluso
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via Pietro Castellino, 111, Naples 80131, Italy
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:16. 2013..We aimed at identifying a novel gene for an autosomal recessive form of early onset severe retinal dystrophy in a patient carrying no previously described mutations in known genes...
- Increased expression of IGF-binding protein-5 in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) fibroblasts correlates with the fibroblast-induced downregulation of DMD myoblast growth: an in vitro analysisM A Melone
Second Division of Neurology, Second University of Naples, School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
J Cell Physiol 185:143-53. 2000....
- Huntington's disease: new frontiers for molecular and cell therapyMariarosa A B Melone
Department of Neurological Sciences, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini, 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Curr Drug Targets 6:43-56. 2005....
- Revelation of a new mitochondrial DNA mutation (G12147A) in a MELAS/MERFF phenotypeMariarosa A B Melone
First Division of Neurology, Department of Neurological Sciences, Second University of Naples, School of Medicine, Poclinico Universitario Federico II, Italy
Arch Neurol 61:269-72. 2004....
- Induction of apoptosis and differentiation in neuroblastoma and astrocytoma cells by the overexpression of Bin1, a novel Myc interacting proteinU Galderisi
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, C R I S C E B, Second University of Naples, 80138 Naples, Italy
J Cell Biochem 74:313-22. 1999..Thus, it appears that Bin1 operates through different pathways that involve activation of different genes: the chosen pathway however will depend on the proliferating or differentiated state of the cell...
- pRb2/p130 gene overexpression induces astrocyte differentiationU Galderisi
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, CRISCEB, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Mol Cell Neurosci 17:415-25. 2001..Interestingly, pRb2/p130 overexpression induced astrocyte differentiation. Astrocyte cell cycle arrest and differentiation seemed to proceed through a way distinct from the p53 pathway...
- Defective growth in vitro of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy myoblasts: the molecular and biochemical basisM A Melone
2nd Division of Neurology, 2nd University of Naples School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
J Cell Biochem 76:118-32. 1999....
- Antisense inhibitory effect: a comparison between 3'-partial and full phosphorothioate antisense oligonucleotidesU Galderisi
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicoogy, C R I S C E B, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Cell Biochem 74:31-7. 1999..For this reason we conclude that partial PS antisense oligos, with respect to full PS antisense oligos, might be particularly useful for studying gene function...
- 17-beta estradiol elicits an autocrine leiomyoma cell proliferation: evidence for a stimulation of protein kinase-dependent pathwayA Barbarisi
Institute for Clinical Surgery, 2nd University of Naples, School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
J Cell Physiol 186:414-24. 2001..Our experiments suggest that growth factor secretion is an initial and integral part of the signaling events mediated by the estradiol receptors, not related, at least in part, to E2 transcriptional modulation...
- RB2/p130 ectopic gene expression in neuroblastoma stem cells: evidence of cell-fate restriction and induction of differentiationF P Jori
Department of Neurological Sciences, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 80100 Naples, Italy
Biochem J 360:569-77. 2001..Thus, the Rb2/p130 protein seems to be required throughout the full neural maturation process...
- Abnormal accumulation of tTGase products in muscle and erythrocytes of chorea-acanthocytosis patientsMariarosa A B Melone
Department of Neurological Sciences, Second University of Naples School of Medicine, Policlinico Universitario Federico II, Italy
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 61:841-8. 2002..These findings could explain the mechanisms underlying the increased blood levels of creatine kinase and acanthocytosis, which are the most consistent features of this neurodegenerative disease...
- Brg1 chromatin remodeling factor is involved in cell growth arrest, apoptosis and senescence of rat mesenchymal stem cellsMarco A Napolitano
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Excellence Research Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Cell Sci 120:2904-11. 2007....
- Autosomal dominant hereditary spastic paraplegia: DHPLC-based mutation analysis of SPG4 reveals eleven novel mutationsClarice Patrono
Molecular Medicine, IRCCS Bambino Gesù, Rome, Italy
Hum Mutat 25:506. 2005..In addition, it provided an efficient, cost-effective, and reliable detection protocol for mutational screening of SPG4, which might facilitate medical genetic counseling...
- Spastic paraplegia with thin corpus callosum: description of 20 new families, refinement of the SPG11 locus, candidate gene analysis and evidence of genetic heterogeneityGiovanni Stevanin
INSERM U679, Salpetriere Hospital, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Neurogenetics 7:149-56. 2006..Our findings suggest that ARHSP-TCC is the most frequent form of ARHSP in Mediterranean countries and that it is particularly frequent in Italy...