Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- The impact of professional and social network support on the burden of families of patients with schizophrenia in ItalyL Magliano
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Italy
Acta Psychiatr Scand 106:291-8. 2002....
- A multicenter Italian study of patients' relatives' beliefs about schizophreniaL Magliano
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Largo Madonna delle Grazie, Italy
Psychiatr Serv 52:1528-30. 2001..The findings of this study may be useful for developing psychoeducational intervention and sensitization campaigns for the general population...
- [Causes and psychosocial consequences of schizophrenia: the opinions of patient's relatives]L Magliano
Istituto di Psichiatria, Università di Napoli SUN
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 9:113-25. 2000....
- [The condition of families of patients with schizophrenia in Italy: burden, social network and professional support]L Magliano
Istituto di Psichiatria, Università di Napoli SUN, Largo Madonna delle Grazie, 80138 Napoli
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 10:96-106. 2001..This study aimed to describe: a) the interventions received by patients with schizophrenia attending Italian mental health services (MHS); b) the relatives' burden and social network and the professional support received by the families...
- Long-term outcome of lithium prophylaxis in bipolar disorder: a 5-year prospective study of 402 patients at a lithium clinicM Maj
Department of Psychiatry, First Medical School, University of Naples, Italy
Am J Psychiatry 155:30-5. 1998..In this prospective study, information was collected on all bipolar I patients who started lithium prophylaxis at a lithium clinic during more than 15 years...
- Psychological consequences of the 1998 landslide in Sarno, Italy: a community studyF Catapano
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Largo Madonna della Grazie, 80138 Naples, Italy
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:438-42. 2001..CONCLUSION: This study emphasizes the negative impact of a natural catastrophic event on mental health, and the need for preventive interventions...