Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Good and Bad Sleep in Childhood: A Questionnaire Survey amongst School Children in Southern ItalyGianluca Ficca
Department of Psychology, University of Naples II, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Sleep Disord 2011:825981. 2011..The good people sleep much better at night than the bad people.Of course, the bad people enjoy the waking hours much more"Woody Allen...
- The effects of pre-sleep learning on sleep continuity, stability, and organization in elderly individualsF Conte
Department of Psychology, University of Naples II Caserta, Italy
Front Neurol 3:109. 2012..The inverse correlation between recall scores and the measures of sleep continuity and stability provides further support to the role of these features in memory processes...
- What in sleep is for memoryGianluca Ficca
Department of Psychology, II University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Sleep Med 5:225-30. 2004....
- Naps, cognition and performanceGianluca Ficca
Department of Psychology, Second University of Naples, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Sleep Med Rev 14:249-58. 2010....
- Diurnal variation of spontaneous eye blink rate in the elderly and its relationships with sleepiness and arousalVittoria De Padova
Department of Psychology, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Neurosci Lett 463:40-3. 2009..Differently from the young, no significant differences were found in BR across the day, suggesting that an age-related modification of dopaminergic arousal mechanisms counteracting the rising sleep drive should be further explored...
- Factors involved in sleep satisfaction in the elderlyIole Zilli
Department of Psychology, University of Florence, S Niccoló 91, 50125 Florence, Italy
Sleep Med 10:233-9. 2009..In order to verify this hypothesis, our study aims to identify changes in sleep satisfaction predictors as a function of age...
- Caveats on psychological models of sleep and memory: a compass in an overgrown scenarioFrancesca Conte
Department of Psychology, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, Caserta, Italy
Sleep Med Rev 17:105-21. 2013..We will also discuss how these recent perspectives disclose a number of relevant methodological caveats to be carefully taken into account when conceiving experimental designs...
- Body movements during night sleep and their relationship with sleep stages are further modified in very old subjectsFiorenza Giganti
Department of Psychology, University of Florence, Via San Niccolò 93, 50125 Florence, Italy
Brain Res Bull 75:66-9. 2008....
- Increased spontaneous eye blink rate following prolonged wakefulnessGiuseppe Barbato
Department of Psychology, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43 81100 Caserta, Italy
Physiol Behav 90:151-4. 2007..Antidepressant effects of sleep deprivation might be related to activation of the physiological mechanisms which regulate wake maintenance...
- Spontaneous awakenings in preterm and term infants assessed throughout 24-h video-recordingsFiorenza Giganti
Department of Psychology, University of Florence, Via S Niccolò 93, 50125 Florence, Italy
Early Hum Dev 82:435-40. 2006..Furthermore, the developmental difference between awakenings starting with crying and awakenings starting with wakefulness suggests that two kinds of awakenings might be modulated by different factors...
- Awakening from sleepTorbjorn Akerstedt
Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Sleep Med Rev 6:267-86. 2002..Daytime functioning is shown in insomniac patients and compared to other pathologies like sleep apnea. A final section evokes links between some types of night waking and psychological factors...