Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Platelet aggregation is affected by nitrosothiols in patients with chronic hepatitis: in vivo and in vitro studiesA Federico
Inter University Research Centre on Foods, Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Tract, Gastroenterology School, 2nd University of Naples, Via Alcide De Gasperi 80, 84018 Scafati, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 13:3677-83. 2007....
- Heat shock protein 27 expression in patients with chronic liver damageAlessandro Federico
Centro Interuniversitario per Ricerche su Alimenti, Nutrizione e Apparato Digerente CIRANAD, Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, II Universita di Napoli, Via Pansini 5, Napoli, Italy
Immunobiology 209:729-35. 2005..The present data are the first showing that, particularly in conditions of enhanced oxidative stress, lymphomonocytes from liver disease patients present an increased expression of HSP27...
- Treatment of patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: current views and perspectivesA Federico
2nd University of Naples, Gastroenterology Unit, Via Pansini 5, Naples 80131, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 38:789-801. 2006....
- Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress in human carcinogenesisAlessandro Federico
Division of Gastroenterology, F Magrassi and A Lanzara Medical Surgical Department, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Int J Cancer 121:2381-6. 2007..This review focalizes some of these intricate events by discussing the relationships occurring among oxidative/nitrosative/metabolic stress, inflammation and cancer...
- Emerging drugs for non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseAlessandro Federico
Via Alcide De Gasperi 80, 84018 Scafati SA, Italy
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 13:145-58. 2008..This last form may evolve to cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma...
- The effect of a new symbiotic formulation on plasma levels and peripheral blood mononuclear cell expression of some pro-inflammatory cytokines in patients with ulcerative colitis: a pilot studyA Federico
Division of Gastroenterology, 2nd University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 13:285-93. 2009..During intestinal inflammation white blood cells are recruited from the blood, and they represent the major contributors to tissue perpetuation of inflammation via their production of chemokines and proinflammatory cytokines...
- Beneficial effects of a probiotic VSL#3 on parameters of liver dysfunction in chronic liver diseasesCarmela Loguercio
Department of Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale F Magrassi e A Lanzara, Inter University Research Center on Foods, Nutrition, and Gastrointestinal Tract CIRANAD, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:540-3. 2005..To evaluate whether chronic therapy with probiotics affects plasma levels of cytokines and oxidative/nitrosative stress parameters, as well as liver damage, in patients with various types of chronic liver disease...
- Efficacy of 5-day levofloxacin-containing concomitant therapy in eradication of Helicobacter pylori infectionAlessandro Federico
Dipartimento Medico Chirurgico di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale ed UOC di Gastroenterologia e, Napoli, Italy
Gastroenterology 143:55-61.e1; quize e13-4. 2012....
- The effect of a silybin-vitamin e-phospholipid complex on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a pilot studyCarmela Loguercio
Interuniversity Research Center on Foods, Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Tract CIRANAD, Unit of Gastroenterology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 52:2387-95. 2007..Our data suggest that silybin conjugated with vitamin E and phospholipids could be used as a complementary approach to the treatment of patients with chronic liver damage...
- Coeliac disease and C virus-related chronic hepatitis: a non associationAntonietta Gerarda Gravina
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery F Magrassi e A Lanzara Hepato Gastroenterology Division and C, I, R, A, N, A, d, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, Naples 80131, Italy
BMC Res Notes 5:533. 2012..abstract:..
- Intestinal permeability in patients with chronic liver diseases: Its relationship with the aetiology and the entity of liver damageRita Cariello
Department of Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 42:200-4. 2010..Alteration in intestinal permeability may be an important factor in the pathogenesis of both the progression of some chronic liver diseases and the onset of some complications in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- Silybin combined with phosphatidylcholine and vitamin E in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a randomized controlled trialCarmela Loguercio
Department F Magrassi e A Lanzara, Second University of Naples, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 52:1658-65. 2012..Treatment with RA but not P for 12 months was associated with improvement in liver enzymes, insulin resistance, and liver histology, without increases in body weight. These findings warrant further investigation...
- Oxidative stress in viral and alcoholic hepatitisCarmela Loguercio
Gastroenterology School, 2nd University of Naples, and Inter University Research Center of Alimentary Intake, Nutrition and Digestive Tract CIRANAD, Naples, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 34:1-10. 2003..quot; By enhancing the antioxidant ability of hepatocytes, through transgene vectors, one could counteract oxidative/nitrosative stress and, in this way, contribute to blocking the progression of liver disease...
- The impact of diet on liver fibrosis and on response to interferon therapy in patients with HCV-related chronic hepatitisCarmela Loguercio
Department of Internal Medicine and Hepatogastroenterology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 103:3159-66. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether dietary composition affects the severity of liver damage and response to therapy in patients with HCV-related chronic hepatitis...
- Alcoholic beverages and gastric epithelial cell viability: effect on oxidative stress-induced damageC Loguercio
Centro Interuniversitario di Ricerca su Alimenti, Nutrizione e Apparato Digerente Dipartimento Medico Chirurgico di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale F Magrassi e A Lanzara, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Italia
J Physiol Pharmacol 60:87-92. 2009....
- [Effects of a new pharmacological complex (silybin + vitamin-E + phospholipids) on some markers of the metabolic syndrome and of liver fibrosis in patients with hepatic steatosis. Preliminary study]M Trappoliere
Interuniversity Research Center on Foods Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Tract (CIRANAD, Unit of Gastroenterology, 2nd University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 51:193-9. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Our data have a role of suggestion to further evaluate, through a controlled trial, a possible therapeutic use of this new compound in the management of patients with NAFLD...
- Herbal products: benefits, limits, and applications in chronic liver diseaseAnna Del Prete
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Interuniversity Research Centre on Food, Nutrition and the Gastrointestinal Tract CIRANAD, 2nd University of Naples, 80131 Naples, Italy
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:837939. 2012....
- Fat: a matter of disturbance for the immune systemAlessandro Federico
Section of Clinical Immunology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples, Napoli, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 16:4762-72. 2010..This review discusses the role of fat as "a matter of disturbance for the immune system" with a focus on hepatic steatosis...
- Empirical levofloxacin-containing versus clarithromycin-containing sequential therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication: a randomised trialMarco Romano
Dipartimento Medico, AziendaOspedaliera Universitaria, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
Gut 59:1465-70. 2010....
- Relationship of blood trace elements to liver damage, nutritional status, and oxidative stress in chronic nonalcoholic liver diseaseC Loguercio
Centro Interuniversitario di Ricerche su Alimenti, Nutrizione e Apparato Digerente, , , Naples, Italy
Biol Trace Elem Res 81:245-54. 2001..The plasma Br level was higher in cirrhotics with respect to the control and chronic hepatitis groups...
- Clinical trial on the efficacy of a new symbiotic formulation, Flortec, in patients with irritable bowel syndrome: a multicenter, randomized studyAngelo Andriulli
Division of Gastroenterology, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:S218-23. 2008..Efficacy of symbiotics in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) remains unknown...
- Drinking habits and risk of altered liver enzymes in the general population of a rural area in Southern ItalyC Loguercio
Interuniversity Research Center on Foods, Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Tract CIRANAD, Unit of Gastroenterology, 2nd University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:748-52. 2007....
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a multicentre clinical study by the Italian Association for the Study of the LiverC Loguercio
School of Gastroenterology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 36:398-405. 2004..To define the characteristics of the Italian patient presenting non-alcoholic fatty liver disease...
- Effects of selenium and zinc supplementation on nutritional status in patients with cancer of digestive tractA Federico
Semeiotics and Clinical Methodology, II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Eur J Clin Nutr 55:293-7. 2001..To evaluate the effect of oral administration of selenium and zinc tablets in patients with cancer of the digestive tract during chemotherapy...
- Alteration of haemostasis in non-metastatic gastric cancerP Di Micco
Division of General Medicine and Hepatology, Second University of Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:546-50. 2001..Cancer is one of the most common acquired causes of venous thromboembolism...
- Can dietary intake influence plasma levels of amino acids in liver cirrhosis?C Loguercio
Interuniversity Research Centre on alimentary intake, Nutrition and Gastrointestinal Tract, Gastrointestinal School, Faculty of Medicine, 2nd University of Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 32:611-6. 2000..Modifications in plasma amino acid patterns in cirrhotics are attributed to impaired liver function, being more evident in alcoholic than in viral cirrhosis...
- Gut-liver axis: a new point of attack to treat chronic liver damage?Carmela Loguercio
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2144-6. 2002