Emanuele Durante Mangoni
Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Clinico-pathological significance of hepatitis C virus core antigen levels in chronic infectionEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Internal Medicine, University of Naples S U N, Naples, Italy
J Med Virol 85:1913-8. 2013..HCVcoreAg serum levels may be a useful tool to further the understanding of chronic hepatitis C pathobiology...
- Adefovir treatment for chronic hepatitis B in heart transplant recipientsEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Internal Medicine Section, Department of Cardiothoracic Sciences, University of Naples SUN, and Unit of Transplant Medicine, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Clin Transplant 27:E282-8. 2013..Our data suggest that ADV may be a safe and effective rescue treatment for heart transplant recipients with lamivudine-resistant chronic hepatitis B...
- Inherited hyper-homocysteinemia as a cause of nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditisEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Department of Cardiothoracic Sciences, University of Naples S U N and Unit of Infectious and Transplant Medicine, A O R N V Monaldi, Naples, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 20:232-3. 2011..Despite high rates of valve disease, non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis remains an uncommon condition, the individual susceptibility to which might be influenced by an inherited thrombophilic state...
- Heart transplantation during active infective endocarditis: case report and review of the literatureE Durante-Mangoni
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Naples, Ospedale Monaldi, Naples, Italy
Transplant Proc 43:304-6. 2011..Our experience showed that active infection of defibrillator leads may not represent an absolute contraindication to heart transplantation when all other medical and surgical treatments have been proven to be ineffective...
- Outcome of treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in heart transplant recipients with chronic hepatitis CE Durante-Mangoni
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Naples S U N, A O R N V Monaldi, Naples, Italy
Transplant Proc 43:299-303. 2011..For this reason, concern exists for the use of this treatment in recipients of a solid organ transplantation. We sought to evaluate the safety and efficacy of PEG-IFN/RBV in heart transplant recipients with CHC...
- Safety and efficacy of peginterferon alpha plus ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C and coexisting heart diseaseEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Internal Medicine, University of Naples S U N, Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 43:411-5. 2011..Chronic hepatitis C patients with coexisting heart disease are often denied antiviral treatment due to safety concerns. However, this is not evidence-based...
- [Post-graduate education in internal medicine in the United Kingdom: issues for comparative evaluation]Emanuele Durante Mangoni
Cattedra e Divisione di Medicina Interna, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Seconda Universita degli Studi, Ospedale Gesù e Maria di Napoli
Ann Ital Med Int 17:265-70. 2002..The widespread United Kingdom policy of an Internal Medicine approach to clinical training before entering the medical sub-specialty practice is also underscored...
- Right diaphragm paralysis following cardiac radiofrequency catheter ablation for inappropriate sinus tachycardiaEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Institute of Medical Therapy, Internal Medicine Division, Ospedale Gesù e Maria, II University of Naples, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:783-4. 2003..Radiofrequency current used in cardiac electrophysiology may cause serious thoracic nerve injuries. Means to avoid this complication are pointed out...
- Defective synthesis of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor in pegylated interferon-alpha treated chronic hepatitis C patients with declining leukocyte countsEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Department of Internal Medicine, Second University of Naples Medical School, Napoli, Italy
Antivir Ther 11:637-40. 2006..However, there are no data on the kinetics of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF), a major neutrophil growth factor, in this setting. We therefore evaluated G-CSF synthesis in CHC patients on peg-IFN-alpha treatment...
- Normal erythropoietin response in chronic hepatitis C patients with ribavirin-induced anaemiaEmanuele Durante Mangoni
Cattedra e Divisione di Medicina Interna ed Epatologia, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Italy
Antivir Ther 8:57-63. 2003..How ribavirin administration affects normal erythropoietin production has not been determined...
- Anti-envelope 1 and 2 immune response in chronic hepatitis C patients: effects of hepatitis B virus co-infection and interferon treatmentRosa Zampino
Division of Internal Medicine and Hepatology, Faculty of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Med Virol 73:33-7. 2004..High pre-treatment levels of anti-E2 antibodies and their decrease or disappearance during interferon treatment are often associated with HCV clearance in sustained responders, irrespective of the HCV genotype...
- Comparative activities of colistin, rifampicin, imipenem and sulbactam/ampicillin alone or in combination against epidemic multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates producing OXA-58 carbapenemasesMarie Francoise Tripodi
Internal Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:537-40. 2007..Combined use of the antimicrobials tested may provide good therapeutic options for OXA-58 carbapenemase-producing A. baumannii infections...
- Correlates and prognostic value of the first-phase hepatitis C virus RNA kinetics during treatmentEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Second University of Naples Medical School, Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Federico II University Medical School, Naples, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 49:498-506. 2009..Analysis of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA kinetics during antiviral therapy may allow estimation of the probability of response...
- Leukocyte interferon-alpha and ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients intolerant to pegylated-interferonLuigi E Adinolfi
Internal Medicine and Hepatology, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Second University of Naples Medical School, Naples, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 4:485-90. 2009..e., 24% for cirrhotics and 50% for CHC, and 25% for genotype 1 and 60% for genotypes 2/3. The data indicate that Le-IFN-alpha plus ribavirin is a useful and effective treatment for CHC patients who are intolerant to peg-IFNs...
- Risk factors for "major" embolic events in hospitalized patients with infective endocarditisEmanuele Durante Mangoni
Institute of Medical Therapy, Second University of Naples, Italy
Am Heart J 146:311-6. 2003..This study was aimed at identifying predictors of embolic risk among the clinical and laboratory data obtained on hospital admission in patients diagnosed as having definite infective endocarditis according to the Duke criteria...
- Current features of infective endocarditis in elderly patients: results of the International Collaboration on Endocarditis Prospective Cohort StudyEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Università di Napoli II, Naples, Italy
Arch Intern Med 168:2095-103. 2008..Elderly patients are emerging as a population at high risk for infective endocarditis (IE). However, adequately sized prospective studies on the features of IE in elderly patients are lacking...
- Silent celiac disease in chronic hepatitis C: impact of interferon treatment on the disease onset and clinical outcomeEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Divisions of Internal Medicine and Hepatology, Second University of Naples Medical School, Napoli, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:901-5. 2004..To assess the impact of interferon treatment on celiac disease onset in hepatitis C patients and to clarify its clinical relevance and outcome...
- Efficacy of caspofungin addition to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole treatment for severe pneumocystis pneumonia in solid organ transplant recipientsRiccardo Utili
Unit of Infectious and Transplant Medicine, Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples and AORN V Monaldi, Naples, Italy
Transplantation 84:685-8. 2007..jiroveci in experimental animal models. We here report our preliminary clinical experience with caspofungin as an additional drug to the standard trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole regimen...