Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Correlates and prognostic value of the first-phase hepatitis C virus RNA kinetics during treatmentEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Second University of Naples Medical School, Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Federico II University Medical School, Naples, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 49:498-506. 2009..Analysis of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA kinetics during antiviral therapy may allow estimation of the probability of response...
- Leukocyte interferon-alpha and ribavirin for treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients intolerant to pegylated-interferonLuigi E Adinolfi
Internal Medicine and Hepatology, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Second University of Naples Medical School, Naples, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 4:485-90. 2009..e., 24% for cirrhotics and 50% for CHC, and 25% for genotype 1 and 60% for genotypes 2/3. The data indicate that Le-IFN-alpha plus ribavirin is a useful and effective treatment for CHC patients who are intolerant to peg-IFNs...
- Molecular epidemiology and mechanisms of rifampicin resistance in Acinetobacter baumannii isolates from ItalyMaria Giannouli
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche Preventive, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via Pansini 5, Naples, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 39:58-63. 2012..These data may have implications for the correct identification of cases with A. baumannii infection that would not benefit from addition of RIF to COL...
- Defective synthesis of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor in pegylated interferon-alpha treated chronic hepatitis C patients with declining leukocyte countsEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Department of Internal Medicine, Second University of Naples Medical School, Napoli, Italy
Antivir Ther 11:637-40. 2006..However, there are no data on the kinetics of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (G-CSF), a major neutrophil growth factor, in this setting. We therefore evaluated G-CSF synthesis in CHC patients on peg-IFN-alpha treatment...
- Safety and efficacy of peginterferon alpha plus ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C and coexisting heart diseaseEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Internal Medicine, University of Naples S U N, Naples, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 43:411-5. 2011..Chronic hepatitis C patients with coexisting heart disease are often denied antiviral treatment due to safety concerns. However, this is not evidence-based...
- Adefovir treatment for chronic hepatitis B in heart transplant recipientsEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Internal Medicine Section, Department of Cardiothoracic Sciences, University of Naples SUN, and Unit of Transplant Medicine, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Clin Transplant 27:E282-8. 2013..Our data suggest that ADV may be a safe and effective rescue treatment for heart transplant recipients with lamivudine-resistant chronic hepatitis B...
- Global spread of drug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii: molecular epidemiology and management of antimicrobial resistanceEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Chair of Internal Medicine and Unit of Transplant Medicine, Second University of Naples, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Future Microbiol 6:407-22. 2011..baumannii and the epidemiology of drug-resistant A. baumannii in healthcare facilities. We will also discuss the therapeutic and infection control strategies for management of drug-resistant A. baumannii epidemics...
- Current trends in the management of cardiac implantable electronic device (CIED) infectionsEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Internal Medicine Section, Department of Cardiothoracic Sciences, University of Naples S U N, Naples, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 8:465-76. 2013..We discuss the current etiology and risk factors, and appraise the major diagnostic issues, describing our center's therapeutic approach. We also address the management of CIED infection complications. ..
- Clinico-pathological significance of hepatitis C virus core antigen levels in chronic infectionEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Internal Medicine, University of Naples S U N, Naples, Italy Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
J Med Virol 85:1913-8. 2013..HCVcoreAg serum levels may be a useful tool to further the understanding of chronic hepatitis C pathobiology. J Med. Virol. 85:1913-1918, 2013. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- High-dose daptomycin for cardiac implantable electronic device-related infective endocarditisEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Naples S U N, Naples, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 54:347-54. 2012..Moreover, whether higher doses could be more effective but equally safe in this setting is currently unknown...
- Infection of intravascular prostheses: how to treat other than surgeryRiccardo Utili
Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Unit of Infectious and Transplant Medicine, Second University of Naples, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:S42-50. 2007..Controlled studies are lacking and difficult to plan. Well-designed prospective studies may help to establish guidelines and reach a multidisciplinary consensus on the optimal therapeutic approach, and are therefore awaited...
- Silent celiac disease in chronic hepatitis C: impact of interferon treatment on the disease onset and clinical outcomeEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Divisions of Internal Medicine and Hepatology, Second University of Naples Medical School, Napoli, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:901-5. 2004..To assess the impact of interferon treatment on celiac disease onset in hepatitis C patients and to clarify its clinical relevance and outcome...
- Do we still need the aminoglycosides?Emanuele Durante-Mangoni
Unit of Infectious and Transplant Medicine, 2nd University of Naples, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 33:201-5. 2009....
- Inherited hyper-homocysteinemia as a cause of nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditisEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Department of Cardiothoracic Sciences, University of Naples S U N and Unit of Infectious and Transplant Medicine, A O R N V Monaldi, Naples, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 20:232-3. 2011..Despite high rates of valve disease, non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis remains an uncommon condition, the individual susceptibility to which might be influenced by an inherited thrombophilic state...
- Current features of infective endocarditis in elderly patients: results of the International Collaboration on Endocarditis Prospective Cohort StudyEmanuele Durante-Mangoni
Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Università di Napoli II, Naples, Italy
Arch Intern Med 168:2095-103. 2008..Elderly patients are emerging as a population at high risk for infective endocarditis (IE). However, adequately sized prospective studies on the features of IE in elderly patients are lacking...
- Efficacy of caspofungin addition to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole treatment for severe pneumocystis pneumonia in solid organ transplant recipientsRiccardo Utili
Unit of Infectious and Transplant Medicine, Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples and AORN V Monaldi, Naples, Italy
Transplantation 84:685-8. 2007..jiroveci in experimental animal models. We here report our preliminary clinical experience with caspofungin as an additional drug to the standard trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole regimen...
- Comparative activities of colistin, rifampicin, imipenem and sulbactam/ampicillin alone or in combination against epidemic multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates producing OXA-58 carbapenemasesMarie Francoise Tripodi
Internal Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:537-40. 2007..Combined use of the antimicrobials tested may provide good therapeutic options for OXA-58 carbapenemase-producing A. baumannii infections...