Laura de Magistris
Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Divergence of gut permeability and mucosal immune gene expression in two gluten-associated conditions: celiac disease and gluten sensitivityAnna Sapone
Mucosal Biology Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Med 9:23. 2011....
- Alterations of the intestinal barrier in patients with autism spectrum disorders and in their first-degree relativesLaura de Magistris
Department Magrassi Lanzara, Gastroenterology, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 51:418-24. 2010..Faecal calprotectin (FC) was also measured in patients with autism, either with or without gastrointestinal symptoms, and in their first-degree relatives...
- Assessment of intestinal permeability and orocecal transit time in patients with systemic sclerosis: analysis of relationships with epidemiologic and clinical parametersLuigi Caserta
Gastroenterology Unit, Magrassi Lanzara Department of Clinical and Experimental Internal Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Rheumatol Int 23:226-30. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess intestinal permeability (IP) in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc) and to relate the results with general disease activity and gastrointestinal involvement...
- Antibodies against Food Antigens in Patients with Autistic Spectrum DisordersLaura de Magistris
CIRANAD, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, Building 3, 80131 Naples, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2013:729349. 2013..Conclusions. Immune system of a subgroup of ASDs is triggered by gluten and casein; this could be related either to AGA, DPG, and Casein IgG elevated production or to impaired intestinal barrier function. ..
- Cellobiose and lactulose coupled with mannitol and determined using ion-exchange chromatography with pulsed amperometric detection, are reliable probes for investigation of intestinal permeabilityMaddalena Generoso
Department of Experimental Medicine, School of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Via De Crecchio 8, 80138, Naples, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 783:349-57. 2003..0714). Ce/Ma and/or La/Ma tests result similarly reliable in the clinical investigation of IP and the described new method is also helpful in urine even with high glucose concentration, without any interference...
- The expression of caspases is enhanced in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of autism spectrum disorder patientsDario Siniscalco
Department of Experimental Medicine, Division of Pharmacology, Second University of Naples, via S Maria di Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Naples, Italy
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1403-10. 2012..Our data are suggestive of a possible role of the caspase pathway in ASD clinical outcome and of the use of caspase as potential diagnostic and/or therapeutic tools in ASD management...