Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Compositional patterns in the genomes of unicellular eukaryotesMaria Costantini
Laboratory of Animal Physiology and Evolution, Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Villa Comunale, Naples 80121, Italy
BMC Genomics 14:755. 2013..A question raised by these basic results concerns how far back in evolution the compartmentalized organization of the eukaryotic genomes arose...
- Ascorbic acid: its role in immune system and chronic inflammation diseasesAngela Sorice
Centro Ricerche Oncologiche di Mercogliano, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori Fondazione Giovanni Pascale, IRCCS, Italy
Mini Rev Med Chem 14:444-52. 2014..However, we propose that future studies will take into consideration the research of new combinations of antioxidant natural substances and drugs. ..
- Interactomic and pharmacological insights on human sirt-1Ankush Sharma
Research Center of Computational and Biotechnological Sciences, Second University of Naples Naples, Italy
Front Pharmacol 3:40. 2012....
- Structural and functional similarities between osmotin from Nicotiana tabacum seeds and human adiponectinMarco Miele
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and CRISCEB Interdepartmental Research Center for Computational and Biotechnological Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16690. 2011..The biological effect on fibroblasts of osmotin and its peptide derivative has been found similar to that of adiponectin confirming the results found in silico...
- Human sirt-1: molecular modeling and structure-function relationships of an unordered proteinIda Autiero
CRISCEB Interdepartmental Research Center for Computational and Biotechnological Sciences Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e7350. 2009..Its whole structure is not yet experimentally determined and the structural features of its allosteric site are unknown, and no information is known about the structural changes determined by the binding of its allosteric effectors...
- Modeling of the bacterial mechanism of methicillin-resistance by a systems biology approachIda Autiero
CRISCEB Interdepartmental Research Center for Computational and Biotechnological Sciences, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e6226. 2009..These PBPs are involved in the synthesis of peptidoglycans, essential mesh-like polymers that surround cellular enzymes and are crucial for the bacterium survival...
- A holistic approach to study the effects of natural antioxidants on inflammation and liver cancerSusan Costantini
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Fondazione Giovanni Pascale IRCCS Italia, via Ammiraglio Bianco, 83013, Mercogliano, Av, Italy
Cancer Treat Res 159:311-23. 2014....
- Common structural interactions between the receptors CXCR3, CXCR4 and CXCR7 complexed with their natural ligands, CXCL11 and CXCL12, by a modeling approachSusan Costantini
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Fondazione Giovanni Pascale, IRCCS, Italy Electronic address
Cytokine 64:316-21. 2013....
- Cancer biomarker profiling in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus, liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinomaSusan Costantini
National Cancer Institute G Pascale Foundation Oncology Research Center of Mercogliano CROM, Mercogliano, Italy
Oncol Rep 29:2163-8. 2013....
- Genealogy of an ancient protein family: the Sirtuins, a family of disordered membersSusan Costantini
Pascale Foundation National Cancer Institute Cancer Research Center CROM, via Ammiraglio Bianco, 83013, Mercogliano, Italy
BMC Evol Biol 13:60. 2013..Aim of this work is to understand what structural properties are shared among members of this family in humans as well as in other organisms...
- Gene expression signature of human HepG2 cell lineS Costantini
INT Pascale, Cancer Research Centre of Mercogliano, Mercogliano, Italy
Gene 518:335-45. 2013....
- Evaluation of selenite effects on selenoproteins and cytokinome in human hepatoma cell linesFabiola Rusolo
Cancer Research Center, Pascale Foundation National Cancer Institute, Mercogliano AV 83013, Italy
Molecules 18:2549-62. 2013..Finally, interactomic studies show that GPX1 and SELK, and the four pro-inflammatory cytokines are functionally correlated evidencing a putative anti-inflammatory role for the selenite...
- Cytokinome profile of patients with type 2 diabetes and/or chronic hepatitis C infectionSusan Costantini
INT G Pascale Oncology Research Centre of Mercogliano, Mercogliano, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e39486. 2012....
- Has selenium a chemopreventive effect on hepatocellular carcinoma?S Costantini
INT Pascale CROM, via Ammiraglio Bianco, Mercogliano AV, Italy
Mini Rev Med Chem 11:599-610. 2011....
- Serum cytokine levels as putative prognostic markers in the progression of chronic HCV hepatitis to cirrhosisSusan Costantini
Centro Ricerche Oncologiche di Mercogliano Fiorentino Lo Vuolo, via Ammiraglio Bianco, Mercogliano AV, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 21:251-6. 2010..Finally, these data will be used to define a cytokinome profile, which might prove useful for studies involving the transition of chronic inflammation to neoplastic processes...
- Frequencies of specific peptides in intrinsic disordered protein domainsSusan Costantini
Centro Ricerche Oncologiche di Mercogliano Fiorentino Lo Vuolo, via Ammiraglio Bianco, 83013 Mercogliano AV Italy
Protein Pept Lett 17:1398-402. 2010..The best results were obtained using the tri-peptides, much more able to gain structural information from sequences compared to the di-peptides...
- The N-terminal region of CXCL11 as structural template for CXCR3 molecular recognition: synthesis, conformational analysis, and binding studiesPasquale Palladino
Pascale Foundation National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Chem Biol Drug Des 80:254-65. 2012....
- Modelling of the membrane receptor CXCR3 and its complexes with CXCL9, CXCL10 and CXCL11 chemokines: putative target for new drug designTiziana Trotta
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and Interdepartmental Research Center for Computational and Biotechnological Sciences, Second University of Naples, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Naples, Italy
Mol Immunol 47:332-9. 2009..Finally, the interaction residues involved in the formation of the complexes have been highlighted and analyzed in order to be used for drug design...
- Structural and functional studies of the human selenium binding protein-1 and its involvement in hepatocellular carcinomaRaffaele Raucci
INT CROM, Pascale Foundation National Cancer Institute Cancer Research Center, via Ammiraglio Bianco, 83013 Mercogliano, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:513-22. 2011..Experimentally we found that only one cysteine is titratable by DTNB. This supports the hypothesis that Cys57 is a residue functionally important and this may open new pharmacological perspectives...
- Serum cytokine levels in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaFrancesca Capone
Centro Ricerche Oncologiche di Mercogliano CROM Fiorentino Lo Vuolo, Mercogliano, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 21:99-104. 2010..This could lead to better definition of the disease state, and to an increased understanding of the relationships between chronic inflammation and cancer...
- Understanding the role of the topology in protein folding by computational inverse folding experimentsAntonio Mucherino
Department of Mathematics, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, I 81100 Caserta, Italy
Comput Biol Chem 32:233-9. 2008..This agrees with the recent view that the backbone plays an important role in the protein folding process and that the amino acid sequence chooses its own fold within a limited total number of folds...
- Structure-function relationship and evolutionary history of the human selenoprotein M (SelM) found over-expressed in hepatocellular carcinomaStefano Guariniello
Biochemistry, Biophysics and General Pathology Department and Computational Biology Doctorate, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1844:447-56. 2014..Moreover, we modeled some of its mutants to obtain structural information helpful for structure-based drug design. ..
- Dissimilar cytokine patterns in different human liver and colon cancer cell linesEliana Guerriero
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori Fondazione Giovanni Pascale, IRCCS, Italy
Cytokine 64:584-9. 2013..Our aim was to identify what cytokines were significantly different correlating similarities and differences to the specific inflammation status of each cellular model of cancer. ..
- The protein-protein interaction network of the human Sirtuin familyAnkush Sharma
Biochemistry, Biophysics and General Pathology Department, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1834:1998-2009. 2013..Finally, we extracted from the Sirtuin sub-interactome subnets related to cancer, aging and post-translational modifications for information on key nodes and topological space of the subnets in the Sirt family network. ..
- Effects of lipoic acid, caffeic acid and a synthesized lipoyl-caffeic conjugate on human hepatoma cell linesEliana Guerriero
Pascale Foundation National Cancer Institute Cancer Research Center, Mercogliano AV, Italy
Molecules 16:6365-77. 2011....
- Synergistic antitumor effect of Doxorubicin and tacrolimus (FK506) on hepatocellular carcinoma cell linesFrancesca Capone
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori Fondazione Giovanni Pascale, IRCCS, 80131 Naples, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:450390. 2014..In conclusion, future studies could relate to the doxorubicin/tacrolimus combination effects in mice models bearing HCC in order to see if this formulation could be useful in HCC treatment. ..
- Evaluation of the structural quality of modeled proteins by using globularity criteriaSusan Costantini
CRISCEB Research Center of Computational and Biotechnological Sciences, Second University of Naples, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Naples, Italy
BMC Struct Biol 7:9. 2007....
- Peptides targeting chemokine receptor CXCR4: structural behavior and biological binding studiesSusan Costantini
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori Fondazione Giovanni Pascale IRCCS, Naples, Italy
J Pept Sci 20:270-8. 2014..This affinity is not revealed for CXCR7, indicating a specificity for CXCR4...
- Structural characterization and comparative modeling of PD-Ls 1-3, type 1 ribosome-inactivating proteins from summer leaves of Phytolacca dioica LAntimo Di Maro
Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Via Vivaldi 43, I 81100 Caserta, Italy
Biochimie 91:352-63. 2009..Despite an overall high structural similarity, the comparative modeling of PD-L1, PD-L2, PD-L3 and PD-L4 has shown potential influences of the glycidic chains on their adenine polynucleotide glycosylase activity on different substrates...
- Functional hypothesis on miraculin' sweetness by a molecular dynamics approachAntonella Paladino
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Second University of Naples, Via Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Naples, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:726-30. 2010....
- Targeting the inflammation in HCV-associated hepatocellular carcinoma: a role in the prevention and treatmentGiuseppe Castello
Oncology Research Centre of Mercogliano CROM, Mercogliano AV, Italy
J Transl Med 8:109. 2010..The present review focuses on: the role of inflammation in carcinogenesis, the clinical impact of HCC and the inadequacy of the actual therapy, the chemoprevention targeting the microenvironment...
- Characterization and kinetics studies of water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) myoglobinRoberta Dosi
Department of Life Sciences, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, I 81100 Caserta, Italy
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 145:230-8. 2006..393+/-0.005 g/100 g of tissue) and consequently MetMb, which are almost twice as high as bovine meat (Mb: 0.209+/-0.003 g/100 g of tissue)...