Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Foregut duplication of the stomach diagnosed by endoscopic ultrasound guided fine-needle aspiration cytology: case report and literature reviewVincenzo Napolitano
Department of General and Specialistic Surgery, School of Medicine, Second University of Naples, 5 S, Pansini Street, 80100, Naples, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 11:33. 2013..In this case, EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration cytology could provide a cytological diagnosis useful to arrange in advance the more adequate surgical treatment...
- Total thyroidectomy with ultrasonic dissector for cancer: multicentric experienceRoberto Cirocchi
Department of General Surgery, S, Maria Hospital, University of Perugia, Terni, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 10:70. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the benefits of the use of ultrasonic dissector (UAS) vs. the use of a conventional technique (vessel clamp and tie) in patients undergoing thyroid surgery for cancer...
- Gallstone ileus: One-stage surgery in an elderly patient: One-stage surgery in gallstone ileusG Conzo
Department of Anaestesiologic, Surgical and Emergency Science, VII Division of General Surgery, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy Electronic address
Int J Surg Case Rep 4:316-8. 2013..It accounts for 1-4% of all cases of mechanical bowel obstruction, up to 25% in patients over 65 years of age...
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy, a safe procedure for pheochromocytoma. A retrospective review of clinical seriesGiovanni Conzo
Department of Anaesthesiology, Surgical and Emergency Science, VII Division of General Surgery, Second University of Naples, Via Gen Giordano Orsini 42, 80132 Naples, Italy
Int J Surg 11:152-6. 2013....
- Radiofrequency-assisted partial nephrectomy for metanephric adenoma: a case report and literature reviewGiovanni Conzo
Department of Anaesthesiologic, Surgical, and Emergency Science, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Surg Innov 20:55-8. 2013..PN represents the standard of care for small exophytic MA, and RF-assisted procedures allow an excellent hemostasis and a rapid conservative resection, with very low morbidity...
- Partial response to cinacalcet treatment in a patient with secondary hyperparathyroidism undergoing hemodialysis: a case reportGiovanni Conzo
Department of Anesthesiology, Surgical and Emergency Science, VII Division of General and Endocrine Surgery, Second University of Naples, Via Gen, G, Orsini 42, Napoli, 80132, Italy
J Med Case Rep 6:417. 2012..abstract:..
- Evaluation of the 'putative' role of intraoperative intact parathyroid hormone assay during parathyroidectomy for secondary hyperparathyroidism. A retrospective study on 35 consecutive patients: intraoperative iPTH assay during parathyroidectomyG Conzo
Department of Anaesthesiologic, Surgical and Emergency Science, VII Division of General Surgery and Endocrine Surgery, Second University of Naples Italy, Via Pansini 5, Ed 17, 80131, Naples, Italy
Endocrine 42:606-11. 2012....
- The role of percutaneous US-guided drainage in the treatment of splenic abscess. Case report and review of the literatureGiovanni Conzo
Dipartimento di Scienze Anestesiologiche, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Italia
Ann Ital Chir 83:433-6. 2012..Our results suggest that ultrasound-guided percutaneous drainage is a safe and feasible alternative to surgery in the treatment of splenic abscesses. In addition, it allows spleen preservation...
- Intestinal occlusion caused by endometriosis of the sigmoid colonGiovanni Conzo
Dipartimento di Sciennze Anestesiologiche, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Italia
Ann Ital Chir 83:353-6. 2012..The authors report a case of obstruction of the sigmoid colon due to endometriosis and analyze the pathophysiology, diagnosis and surgical management of this disorder...
- Tracheal necrosis, oesophageal fistula: unusual complications of thyroidectomy. Report of two case and literature reviewGiovanni Conzo
VII Division of General Surgery, Dipartimento di Scienze Anestesiologiche, Chiruriche e dell Emergenza, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 83:259-64. 2012..The authors report a case of tracheal necrosis after total thyroidectomy for multinodular goiter with bilateral adenomas, and a case of oesophageal fistula after total thyroidectomy for papillary cancer...
- Laparoscopic treatment of chronic slow transit constipation. Report of three cases and review of literatureGiovanni Conzo
Seconda Universitrà degli Studi di Napoli, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Napoli Dipartimento di Scienze Anestesiologiche, Chirurgiche e dell Emergenza, VII Divisione di Chirurgia Generale
Ann Ital Chir 83:113-7. 2012..The Authors present their experience with laparoscopic total or subtotal colectomy (TC or SC) in three patients operated for intractable chronic slow transit constipation (STC), together with a review of literature...
- Total parathyroidectomy without autotransplantation in the surgical treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism of chronic kidney diseaseG Conzo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Internal Medicine F Magrassi A Lanzara, IV Division of General Surgery and Endocrine Surgery, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 35:8-13. 2012..Over the years, the procedure has gained more widespread use, but there is no precise knowledge on the immediate and long-term effects...
- An unpredicted case of tracheal necrosis following thyroidectomyGiovanni Conzo
General Surgery Unit, Second University of Naples, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 83:55-8. 2012..The favourable outcome of our patient shows that small tracheal perforation due to tracheal necrosis may be successfully treated with conservative treatment...
- Laparoscopic treatment of an omental cyst: a case report and review of the literatureGiovanni Conzo
Division of General Surgery and Endocrinosurgery, Second University of Naples, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:33-5. 2005..Therefore, a complete resection is mandatory because of the high incidence of relapse. A laparoscopic operation proves a suitable approach because of the advantages of lower costs and comparable results to open surgery...
- Hepaticojejunostomy in the treatment of iatrogenic biliary lesions following laparoscopic cholecystectomy. A retrospective study on 51 casesGiovanni Conzo
LAP Club, Gruppo Collaborativo per lo Studio Della Chirurgia Videolaparoscopica Città della Scienza, Napoli, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 54:2328-32. 2007..The Authors evaluate the role of hepaticojejunostomy in the treatment of iatrogenic biliary lesions following laparoscopic cholecystectomy in 51 patients observed in the Campania region, Italy from 1991 to 2003...
- [Lymphectomy in differentiated thyroid carcinoma]Giovanni Conzo
IV Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e di Endocrinochirurgia, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Napoli
Chir Ital 61:539-44. 2009..In the treatment of differentiated thyroid carcinoma an elective total thyroidectomy must be performed in combination with adjuvant radioiodine ablation...
- The high prevalence of alexithymia in hemodialyzed patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism unsuppressed by medical therapy is cured by parathyroidectomyRosa Maria De Santo
Italian Institute Philosophical Studies, Naples, Italy
J Ren Nutr 20:S64-70. 2010..However, the correlation of Alexithymia with sleep disorders does not depend on depression...
- Adrenal incidentalomas in the laparoscopic era and the role of correct surgical indications: observations from 255 consecutive adrenalectomies in an Italian seriesGiovanni Conzo
General and Endocrine Surgery, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Can J Surg 52:E281-5. 2009..We analyzed the results of a multi-centre trial that was performed to evaluate the effectiveness of imaging (computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging) to obtain a correct preoperative diagnosis...
- Time course of Graves' ophthalmopathy after total thyroidectomy alone or followed by radioiodine therapy: a 2-year longitudinal studyAnnamaria De Bellis
Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples, via Pansini N 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Endocrine 41:320-6. 2012..Our results suggest that in Graves' patients with large goiter or relapse of hyperthyroidism and mild/moderate GO, TT alone could be an advisable choice to treat hyperthyroidism also improving GO with reduction of cost/benefit ratio...
- [Surgical treatment of iatrogenic bile duct injuries following laparoscopic cholecystectomy: analysis of long-term results. Retrospective clinical study in 51 patients operated in the Campania region from 1991 to 2003]Giovanni Conzo
LAP Club, Gruppo collaborativo per lo studio della chirurgia videolaparoscopica, Città della Scienza, Napoli
Chir Ital 57:417-24. 2005..Roux-en-Y hepato-jejunostomy remains the procedure of choice for these injuries...
- [Surgical treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism. A clinical study of 70 patients]Giovanni Conzo
Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, IV Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e di Endocrinochirurgia Dipartimento di Clinica e Medicina Sperimentale F Magrassi A Lanzara, Italia
Ann Ital Chir 81:413-9. 2010..The authors analyze the short and long-term results of surgical treatment in 70 consecutive patients operated on from for secondary Hyperparathyroidism (2HPT) of chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Upregulation of endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor in papillary thyroid cancers displaying infiltrative patterns, lymph node metastases, and BRAF mutationDaniela Pasquali
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Endocrine Unit, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Thyroid 21:391-9. 2011..The oncogene BRAF V600E mutation is associated with poor clinical outcome of papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) and can independently predict its recurrence...
- Parathyroidectomy improves the quality of sleep in maintenance hemodialysis patients with severe hyperparathyroidismMaria Grazia Esposito
Division of Endocrine Surgery, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Nephrol 21:S92-6. 2008..05) as were plasma calcium and phosphate (p<0.01). The study indicates that insomnia in patients with severe hyperparathyroidism on maintenance hemodialysis is ameliorated by parathyroidectomy...
- Ultrasound scalpel in thyroidectomy. Prospective randomized studyGiovanni Docimo
Department of General Surgery, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 83:491-6. 2012....
- Cyclin D1 and D3 overexpression predicts malignant behavior in thyroid fine-needle aspirates suspicious for Hurthle cell neoplasmsGiancarlo Troncone
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Science, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cancer 117:522-9. 2009..The authors of this report recently identified cyclin D3 overexpression on histologic sections of Hurthle cell carcinoma. In this study, they assessed the diagnostic value of cyclin D3 immunohistochemistry added to routine cytology...
- Effects of somatostatin analog SOM230 on cell proliferation, apoptosis, and catecholamine levels in cultured pheochromocytoma cellsDaniela Pasquali
Endocrine Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery and Endo Surgery Unit, Second University of Naples, 80131 Naples
J Mol Endocrinol 40:263-71. 2008..This improves our knowledge on the mechanism of SOM230 action in PHEO and supports a possible therapeutic use in benign PHEO recurrence...
- Impact of total fundoplication on esophageal transit: analysis by combined multichannel intraluminal impedance and manometryGianmattia Del Genio
Center of Esophago Gastric and Obesity Surgery E G O, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:e1-5. 2012..An objective measurement of the influence of the total wrap on bolus transit may be helpful in refining the optimal antireflux wrap (ie, partial vs. total)...
- Altered folate receptor 2 expression in uraemic patients on haemodialysis: implications for folate resistanceAlessandra F Perna
First Division of Nephrology, Department of Cardio Thoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples, School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:1214-24. 2013..Our objective was to evaluate whether an alteration of the FR2 (the form present in nucleated blood cells) expression is present in CKD patients on haemodialysis (HD), and its susceptibility to folate treatment...