Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Migraine and periodic limb movement disorders in sleep in children: a preliminary case-control studyMaria Esposito
Child Neurology, Chair of Pediatrics, NESMOS Department, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, Sapienza University, Via di Grottarossa, 1035 1039, Rome 00189, Italy
J Headache Pain 14:57. 2013..Aim of study is to assess the prevalence of PLMd and migraine and their relationship with disability and pain intensity in a pediatric sample, referred for migraine without aura by pediatricians...
- Positional abnormalities during sleep in children affected by obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: the putative role of kinetic muscular chainsMarco Carotenuto
Department of Mental and Physical Health, and Preventive Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
Med Hypotheses 81:306-8. 2013....
- Polysomnographic findings in Rett syndrome: a case-control studyMarco Carotenuto
Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Sleep Breath 17:93-8. 2013..The aim of this study is to analyze the sleep macrostructural parameters, the nocturnal respiratory characteristic, and the presence of periodic limb movements in a sample of children affected by Rett syndrome...
- Cosleeping in childhood migraineM Carotenuto
Center for Childhood Headache, Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 63:105-9. 2011..There is a close relationship between sleep habits and headache disorders. Aim of the study was to identify prevalence of cosleeping in children with migraine disorder...
- Facial patterns and primary nocturnal enuresis in childrenMarco Carotenuto
Sleep Center for Developmental Age, Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Sergio Pansini n 5 PAD XI, 80131 Naples, Italy
Sleep Breath 15:221-7. 2011..Anatomical factors recognized to predispose to SRBD include adenotonsillar hypertrophy, neuromuscular disorders, craniofacial abnormalities associated with macroglossia, retrognathia or maxillary hypoplasia, and obesity...
- Migraine and enuresis in children: An unusual correlation?M Carotenuto
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Sergio Pansini 5 PAD XI, 80131 Naples, Italy
Med Hypotheses 75:120-2. 2010..The possible consequences of our ideas are that PNE could be considered as migraine equivalent, such as a "periodic syndrome", and the treatment and care of migraine cannot exclude the causal role of sleep disorders...
- Waist circumference predicts the occurrence of sleep-disordered breathing in obese children and adolescents: a questionnaire-based studyMarco Carotenuto
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Luigi Pansini no 5 PAD XI, 80131 Naples, Italy
Sleep Med 7:357-61. 2006..To assess the presence of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in a population of obese children and adolescents and to investigate the role of fat distribution in predicting SDB...
- Headache disorders as risk factors for sleep disturbances in school aged childrenMarco Carotenuto
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Audiofoniatria, Dermatovenereologia, Cattedra di Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Via Pansini 5 PAD XI, I 80131, Naples, Italy
J Headache Pain 6:268-70. 2005..231), but headache disorder is a cumulative risk factor for disorders of excessive somnolence (OR 15.061). This result has not been reported in the clinical literature...
- Lamotrigine versus valproic acid as first-line monotherapy in newly diagnosed typical absence seizures: an open-label, randomized, parallel-group studyGiangennaro Coppola
Clinic of Child Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Epilepsia 45:1049-53. 2004..To compare the efficacy of lamotrigine (LTG) and valproic acid (VPA) in newly diagnosed children and adolescents with typical absence seizures...
- Lamotrigine as first-line drug in childhood absence epilepsy: a clinical and neurophysiological studyGiangennaro Coppola
Clinic of Child Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 89131, Naples, Italy
Brain Dev 26:26-9. 2004..The slow titration phase of the drug due to the risk of the skin rash may eventually reduce compliance...
- Primary nocturnal enuresis and learning disabilityM Esposito
Department of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Center for Sleep disorders in childhood, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 63:99-104. 2011..Assessing the prevalence of mild learning disorders in enuretic children and the role of enuresis as risk factor to develop them...
- The insulin gene variable number of tandemrepeats (INS VNTR) genotype and sleep disordered breathing in childhood obesityM Carotenuto
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 32:752-5. 2009..001). Our data support the hypothesis that INS VNTR is associated with the development of SDB among obese children and adolescents...
- Short-term nonhormonal and nonsteroid treatment in West syndromeGiuseppe Capovilla
Department of Child Neuropsychiatry, C Poma Hospital, Mantova Department of Neurology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome
Epilepsia 44:1085-8. 2003..The aim of this retrospective multiinstitutional study was to evaluate the early discontinuation of nonhormonal and nonsteroid treatment for WS...