Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Nutraceuticals safety and efficacy in migraine without aura in a population of children affected by neurofibromatosis type IMarco Carotenuto
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Department of Mental Health, Physical and Preventive Medicine, Center for Childhood Headache, Second University of Naples, Via Sergio Pansini 5 PAD XI, 80131, Naples, Italy
Neurol Sci 34:1905-9. 2013..Our findings suggest that headache symptoms should be considered a therapeutic target independent of primary disorder...
- Migraine and periodic limb movement disorders in sleep in children: a preliminary case-control studyMaria Esposito
Child Neurology, Chair of Pediatrics, NESMOS Department, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, Sapienza University, Via di Grottarossa, 1035 1039, Rome 00189, Italy
J Headache Pain 14:57. 2013..Aim of study is to assess the prevalence of PLMd and migraine and their relationship with disability and pain intensity in a pediatric sample, referred for migraine without aura by pediatricians...
- Positional abnormalities during sleep in children affected by obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: the putative role of kinetic muscular chainsMarco Carotenuto
Department of Mental and Physical Health, and Preventive Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
Med Hypotheses 81:306-8. 2013....
- Polysomnographic findings in Rett syndrome: a case-control studyMarco Carotenuto
Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Sleep Breath 17:93-8. 2013..The aim of this study is to analyze the sleep macrostructural parameters, the nocturnal respiratory characteristic, and the presence of periodic limb movements in a sample of children affected by Rett syndrome...
- Cosleeping in childhood migraineM Carotenuto
Center for Childhood Headache, Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 63:105-9. 2011..There is a close relationship between sleep habits and headache disorders. Aim of the study was to identify prevalence of cosleeping in children with migraine disorder...
- Facial patterns and primary nocturnal enuresis in childrenMarco Carotenuto
Sleep Center for Developmental Age, Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Sergio Pansini n 5 PAD XI, 80131 Naples, Italy
Sleep Breath 15:221-7. 2011..Anatomical factors recognized to predispose to SRBD include adenotonsillar hypertrophy, neuromuscular disorders, craniofacial abnormalities associated with macroglossia, retrognathia or maxillary hypoplasia, and obesity...
- Migraine and enuresis in children: An unusual correlation?M Carotenuto
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Sergio Pansini 5 PAD XI, 80131 Naples, Italy
Med Hypotheses 75:120-2. 2010..The possible consequences of our ideas are that PNE could be considered as migraine equivalent, such as a "periodic syndrome", and the treatment and care of migraine cannot exclude the causal role of sleep disorders...
- Waist circumference predicts the occurrence of sleep-disordered breathing in obese children and adolescents: a questionnaire-based studyMarco Carotenuto
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Luigi Pansini no 5 PAD XI, 80131 Naples, Italy
Sleep Med 7:357-61. 2006..To assess the presence of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in a population of obese children and adolescents and to investigate the role of fat distribution in predicting SDB...
- Headache disorders as risk factors for sleep disturbances in school aged childrenMarco Carotenuto
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Audiofoniatria, Dermatovenereologia, Cattedra di Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Via Pansini 5 PAD XI, I 80131, Naples, Italy
J Headache Pain 6:268-70. 2005..231), but headache disorder is a cumulative risk factor for disorders of excessive somnolence (OR 15.061). This result has not been reported in the clinical literature...
- Lamotrigine versus valproic acid as first-line monotherapy in newly diagnosed typical absence seizures: an open-label, randomized, parallel-group studyGiangennaro Coppola
Clinic of Child Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Epilepsia 45:1049-53. 2004..To compare the efficacy of lamotrigine (LTG) and valproic acid (VPA) in newly diagnosed children and adolescents with typical absence seizures...
- Lamotrigine as first-line drug in childhood absence epilepsy: a clinical and neurophysiological studyGiangennaro Coppola
Clinic of Child Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 89131, Naples, Italy
Brain Dev 26:26-9. 2004..The slow titration phase of the drug due to the risk of the skin rash may eventually reduce compliance...
- Primary nocturnal enuresis and learning disabilityM Esposito
Department of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Center for Sleep disorders in childhood, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 63:99-104. 2011..Assessing the prevalence of mild learning disorders in enuretic children and the role of enuresis as risk factor to develop them...
- The insulin gene variable number of tandemrepeats (INS VNTR) genotype and sleep disordered breathing in childhood obesityM Carotenuto
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 32:752-5. 2009..001). Our data support the hypothesis that INS VNTR is associated with the development of SDB among obese children and adolescents...
- Short-term nonhormonal and nonsteroid treatment in West syndromeGiuseppe Capovilla
Department of Child Neuropsychiatry, C Poma Hospital, Mantova Department of Neurology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome
Epilepsia 44:1085-8. 2003..The aim of this retrospective multiinstitutional study was to evaluate the early discontinuation of nonhormonal and nonsteroid treatment for WS...