Affiliation: Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
- A novel concept for a prosthetic hand with a bidirectional interface: a feasibility studyChristian Cipriani
Advanced Robotics Technology and Systems Laboratory, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, 560 25 Pontedera, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 56:2739-43. 2009..Experiments have been performed, and encouraging results for a young transradial amputee are reported...
- Online myoelectric control of a dexterous hand prosthesis by transradial amputeesChristian Cipriani
The BioRobotics Institute formerly ARTS and CRIM Labs, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, 56025 Pontedera, Italy
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 19:260-70. 2011..These results are encouraging for the development of noninvasive EMG interfaces for the control of dexterous prostheses...
- Decoding of grasping information from neural signals recorded using peripheral intrafascicular interfacesSilvestro Micera
BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pisa, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 8:53. 2011..This goal can be achieved with several approaches and among them, the use of implantable interfaces connected with the peripheral nervous system, namely intrafascicular electrodes, is considered particularly interesting...
- Restoring natural sensory feedback in real-time bidirectional hand prosthesesStanisa Raspopovic
The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pisa 56025, Italy
Sci Transl Med 6:222ra19. 2014..This approach could improve the efficacy and "life-like" quality of hand prostheses, resulting in a keystone strategy for the near-natural replacement of missing hands. ..
- Vibrotactile sensory substitution in multi-fingered hand prostheses: evaluation studiesMarco D'Alonzo
The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, SSSA Pontedera, Italy
IEEE Int Conf Rehabil Robot 2011:5975477. 2011..The distance of the stimulation sites for an optimal discrimination was also identified...
- The SmartHand transradial prosthesisChristian Cipriani
The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pontedera Pi, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 8:29. 2011..This paper presents the design and on bench evaluation of the SmartHand...
- Vibrotactile sensory substitution elicits feeling of ownership of an alien handMarco D'Alonzo
The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pontedera, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e50756. 2012....
- Non-invasive Wet ElectrocochleographyFederico Carpi
Interdepartmental Research Centre E Piaggio, School of Engineering, University of Pisa, Pisa 56100, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 56:2744-7. 2009..As a contraindication, the liquid prevents use on subjects affected by tympanic perforation. All these features encourage further investigations on this technique as a possible additional tool for the ECochG practice...