- Factors predicting survival in surgical palliative resection of stage IV colorectal cancerS Scabini
Department of Oncology and Surgery, A O U S Martino, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Chir 64:303-6. 2009..Colorectal cancer (CRC) harbors accumulated genetic alterations with cancer progression, which results in uncontrollable disease. To regulate the most malignant CRC, we have to know the most dismal phenotype of stage IV disease...
- The effect of preoperative chemoradiotherapy on lymph nodes harvested in TME for rectal cancerStefano Scabini
Oncologic Surgery and Implantable Systems Unit, Department of Emergency, IRCCS San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 11:292. 2013..This retrospective analysis single center study evaluated the effect of neoadjuvant chemoradiation on the number of lymph nodes in rectal carcinoma, considering some clinicopathological parameters...
- Total mesorectal excision with radiofrequency in rectal cancer: open versus laparoscopy approachS Scabini
Unit of Oncologic Surgery and Implantable Systems, S Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Chir 66:303-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the safety, efficacy and oncologic results in the low rectal resection with total mesorectal excision with radiofrequency (Ligasure™, Covidien, Boulder, CO, USA) in laparoscopic surgery...
- Factors that influence 12 or more harvested lymph nodes in resective R0 colorectal cancerStefano Scabini
Oncologic Surgical Unit, St Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 57:728-33. 2010..This study was designed to determine the factors that influence the number of harvested lymph nodes (> or = 12) in resective R0 early-stage CRC in a single institution...
- Total mesorectal excision with radiofrequency in rectal cancerS Scabini
Operative Unit of Oncologic Surgery and Implantable Systems, San Martino University Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Chir 63:289-92. 2008....
- Survival in surgical palliative resection of stage IV colorectal cancer: short term results in a single institutionS Scabini
Operative Unit of Oncological Surgery and Implantable System Surgery, S Martino University Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Chir 65:17-20. 2010..In this study, we analyze clinical parameters, survival and possible advantage of surgery in patients affected by symptomatic Dukes D colorectal cancer...
- Lymphadenectomy in elective and urgency surgery for resective colorectal cancerS Scabini
Operative Unit of Oncological and Implantable System Surgery, S Martino University Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Chir 64:183-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyze the factors affecting the number of lymph nodes examined in colorectal cancer specimens after elective or urgent surgery on the current clinical practice in our surgical unit...
- Urachal tumour: case report of a poorly understood carcinomaStefano Scabini
Department of Emato Oncology, AOU San Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 7:82. 2009..Urachal carcinoma is an uncommon neoplasm associated with poor prognosis...
- Colon and rectal surgery for cancer without mechanical bowel preparation: one-center randomized prospective trialStefano Scabini
Unit of Surgical Oncology, Department of Emato Oncology, San Martino Hospital, Genoa, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 8:35. 2010..The aim of the study was to assess whether elective colon and rectal surgery can be safely performed without preoperative mechanical bowel preparation...
- Complicated small-bowel diverticulosis: a case report and review of the literatureEdoardo Rimini
Department of Oncological Surgery, San Martino Hospital, Genoa
Chir Ital 61:387-90. 2009..The final histological examination led to the diagnosis of ileal diverticulosis associated with perforation and peritonitis with a fibrotic reaction involving the last ileal loop, the caecum and the appendix...
- Number of lymph nodes after neoadjuvant therapy for rectal cancer: How many are needed?Stefano Scabini
Stefano Scabini, Valter Ferrando, Oncologic Surgical Unit, Haemato oncology Department, St Martino Hospital, 16136 Genoa, Italy
World J Gastrointest Surg 4:32-5. 2012..In the near future, the total number of nodes will be less important than specific biologic markers in detecting high-risk patients and improving their prognosis with adjuvant therapy tailored...