Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Defining indications to ALPPS procedure: technical aspects and open issuesFrancesca Ratti
General Surgery Department, Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Updates Surg 66:41-9. 2014..Actually only a subset of patients affected by colorectal liver metastases are candidates to ALPPS. ..
- Hilar cholangiocarcinoma: preoperative liver optimization with multidisciplinary approach. Toward a better outcomeFrancesca Ratti
Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, General Surgery Department, Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, Milano, Italy
World J Surg 37:1388-96. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the short- and long-term impact of preoperative optimization in patients affected by hilar cholangiocarcinoma...
- Surgical approach to multifocal hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein thrombosis and arterioportal shunt leading to portal hypertension and bleeding: a case reportFrancesca Ratti
Department of Surgery, Vita Salute S Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 10:34. 2012..During the postoperative course he developed mild and transient signs of liver failure and was discharged in postoperative day 16. He is alive and disease free 8 months after surgery...
- Biliary cystadenoma: short- and long-term outcome after radical hepatic resectionFrancesca Ratti
San Raffaele Hospital, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Updates Surg 64:13-8. 2012..Biliary cystadenomas can easily be misunderstood and interpreted as simple hepatic cysts. Radical surgical resection is necessary and provides good short- and long-term outcomes...
- Role of portal vein embolization in liver surgery: single centre experience in sixty-two patientsFrancesca Ratti
Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale e Specialistica, Unità Operativa Complessa Chirurgia Epatobiliare, Liver Unit, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Università Vita Salute S Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Updates Surg 62:153-9. 2010..31). During the postoperative period, only 2 patients (3.2%) showed mild and transient signs of the PLF. The technique of PVE allows to performing, in an effective and safe way, major liver resections in patients with high risk of PLF...
- Laparoendoscopic single site (LESS) surgery for left-lateral hepatic sectionectomy as an alternative to traditional laparoscopy: case-matched analysis from a single centerLuca Aldrighetti
Department of Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, Vita Salute S Raffaele University, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, MI, Italy
Surg Endosc 26:2016-22. 2012....
- LESS technique for liver resection: the progress of the mini-invasive approach: a single-centre experienceFederica Cipriani
Department of Surgery, Liver Unit, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 21:55-8. 2012....
- Impact of type of liver resection on the outcome of colorectal liver metastases: a case-matched analysisEleonora Guzzetti
Department of Surgery Liver Unit, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
J Surg Oncol 97:503-7. 2008..However, some investigator have reported that WR is associated with a higher incidence of positive margin and an inferior survival compared with anatomic resection (AR) 1...
- Assessment and follow-up of patency after lymphovenous microsurgery for treatment of secondary lymphedema in external male genital organsSylvain M Mukenge
Department of Surgical Sciences, Universita Vita e Salute, San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Eur Urol 60:1114-9. 2011....
- Transarterial chemoembolization with drug-eluting beads preloaded with irinotecan as a first-line approach in uveal melanoma liver metastases: tumor response and predictive value of diffusion-weighted MR imaging in five patientsMassimo Venturini
Department of Radiology, Scientific Institute H S Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Vasc Interv Radiol 23:937-41. 2012..These findings are very promising and can constitute the background for further studies involving larger cohorts of patients...