Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Intraoperative monitoring of stroke volume variation versus central venous pressure in laparoscopic liver surgery: a randomized prospective comparative trialFrancesca Ratti
Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy Electronic address
HPB (Oxford) 18:136-44. 2016..The aim of this randomized prospective trial was to evaluate the outcome of laparoscopic resections performed with stroke volume variation (SVV) or CVP monitoring...
- Laparoscopic major hepatectomies: current trends and indications. A comparison with the open techniqueFrancesca Ratti
Hepatobiliary Surgery Division, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Updates Surg 67:157-67. 2015....
- Laparoscopic Approach for Primary Colorectal Cancer Improves Outcome of Patients Undergoing Combined Open Hepatic Resection for Liver MetastasesFrancesca Ratti
Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
World J Surg 39:2573-82. 2015..The aim of this study was to assess short-term outcome of combined resection of left colon or rectum cancer and liver metastases, comparing the results of the primary tumor resection performed by laparoscopic or open approach...
- Comparative Analysis of Left- Versus Right-sided Resection in Klatskin Tumor Surgery: can Lesion Side be Considered a Prognostic Factor?Francesca Ratti
Hepatobiliary Surgery Division, Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 19:1324-33. 2015..This study analyzed factors affecting survival in hilar cholangiocarcinoma patients and compared short- and long-term outcomes of left- and right-sided resections...
- Strategies to Increase the Resectability of Patients with Colorectal Liver Metastases: A Multi-center Case-Match Analysis of ALPPS and Conventional Two-Stage HepatectomyFrancesca Ratti
Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery Unit, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 22:1933-42. 2015..Using a case-match design, this study aimed to compare TSH and ALPPS for patients with CRLM...
- Liver failure in patients treated with chemotherapy for colorectal liver metastases: Role of chronic disease scores in patients undergoing major liver surgery. A case-matched analysisF Ratti
Department of General Surgery, Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italy Electronic address
Eur J Surg Oncol 40:1550-6. 2014....
- Defining indications to ALPPS procedure: technical aspects and open issuesFrancesca Ratti
General Surgery Department, Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Updates Surg 66:41-9. 2014..Actually only a subset of patients affected by colorectal liver metastases are candidates to ALPPS. ..
- Hilar cholangiocarcinoma: preoperative liver optimization with multidisciplinary approach. Toward a better outcomeFrancesca Ratti
Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, General Surgery Department, Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, Milano, Italy
World J Surg 37:1388-96. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the short- and long-term impact of preoperative optimization in patients affected by hilar cholangiocarcinoma...
- Surgical approach to multifocal hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein thrombosis and arterioportal shunt leading to portal hypertension and bleeding: a case reportFrancesca Ratti
Department of Surgery, Vita Salute S Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 10:34. 2012..During the postoperative course he developed mild and transient signs of liver failure and was discharged in postoperative day 16. He is alive and disease free 8 months after surgery...
- Biliary cystadenoma: short- and long-term outcome after radical hepatic resectionFrancesca Ratti
San Raffaele Hospital, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Updates Surg 64:13-8. 2012..Biliary cystadenomas can easily be misunderstood and interpreted as simple hepatic cysts. Radical surgical resection is necessary and provides good short- and long-term outcomes...
- Role of portal vein embolization in liver surgery: single centre experience in sixty-two patientsFrancesca Ratti
Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale e Specialistica, Unità Operativa Complessa Chirurgia Epatobiliare, Liver Unit, IRCCS H San Raffaele, Università Vita Salute S Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Updates Surg 62:153-9. 2010..31). During the postoperative period, only 2 patients (3.2%) showed mild and transient signs of the PLF. The technique of PVE allows to performing, in an effective and safe way, major liver resections in patients with high risk of PLF...
- Laparoendoscopic single site (LESS) surgery for left-lateral hepatic sectionectomy as an alternative to traditional laparoscopy: case-matched analysis from a single centerLuca Aldrighetti
Department of Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, Vita Salute S Raffaele University, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, MI, Italy
Surg Endosc 26:2016-22. 2012....
- LESS technique for liver resection: the progress of the mini-invasive approach: a single-centre experienceFederica Cipriani
Department of Surgery, Liver Unit, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 21:55-8. 2012....
- Impact of type of liver resection on the outcome of colorectal liver metastases: a case-matched analysisEleonora Guzzetti
Department of Surgery Liver Unit, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
J Surg Oncol 97:503-7. 2008..However, some investigator have reported that WR is associated with a higher incidence of positive margin and an inferior survival compared with anatomic resection (AR) 1...
- Assessment and follow-up of patency after lymphovenous microsurgery for treatment of secondary lymphedema in external male genital organsSylvain M Mukenge
Department of Surgical Sciences, Universita Vita e Salute, San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Eur Urol 60:1114-9. 2011....
- Transarterial chemoembolization with drug-eluting beads preloaded with irinotecan as a first-line approach in uveal melanoma liver metastases: tumor response and predictive value of diffusion-weighted MR imaging in five patientsMassimo Venturini
Department of Radiology, Scientific Institute H S Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Vasc Interv Radiol 23:937-41. 2012..These findings are very promising and can constitute the background for further studies involving larger cohorts of patients...
- Tumor progression during preoperative chemotherapy predicts failure to complete 2-stage hepatectomy for colorectal liver metastases: results of an Italian multicenter analysis of 130 patientsFelice Giuliante
Hepatobiliary Surgery Unit, A Gemelli Hospital, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Surg 219:285-94. 2014..We aimed to evaluate the feasibility and long-term results of 2-stage hepatectomy (TSH) in patients with bilobar colorectal liver metastases (CRLM)...