Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Unusual early recurrence of granular dystrophy after deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty: case reportPaolo Rama
Ophthalmology Cornea and Ocular Surface Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
Arq Bras Oftalmol 76:126-8. 2013..The unusual localization and timing of this recurrence of granular corneal dystrophy after deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty suggests that corneal stromal keratocytes may play a role in the formation of granular deposits. ..
- Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty using an original manual techniquePaolo Rama
Ospedale San Raffaele, Unità Cornea e Superficie Oculare, Via Olgettina 60, Milano 20132, Italy
Br J Ophthalmol 97:23-7. 2013..To evaluate the clinical findings and visual outcomes of deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (DALK) using an original manual dissection technique...
- Acanthamoeba keratitis with perforation after corneal crosslinking and bandage contact lens usePaolo Rama
Department of Ophthalmology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:788-91. 2009....
- Visual outcome in ocular sarcoidosis: retrospective evaluation of risk factorsElisabetta Miserocchi
Department of Ophthalmology, University Vita Salute, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 21:802-10. 2011..To analyze risk factors associated with poor visual outcome in patients with ocular sarcoidosis...
- Limbal stem-cell therapy and long-term corneal regenerationPaolo Rama
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Ophthalmology Unit, Milan, Italy
N Engl J Med 363:147-55. 2010..We investigated the long-term clinical results of cell therapy in patients with burn-related corneal destruction associated with limbal stem-cell deficiency, a highly disabling ocular disease...
- Rapid molecular identification of fungal pathogens in corneal samples from suspected keratomycosis casesNicasio Mancini
Laboratorio di Microbiologia e Virologia1, Dipartimento di Oftalmologia e Scienze della Visione, IRCCS Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
J Med Microbiol 55:1505-9. 2006..Similar studies on larger panels of patients and on different clinical samples are required for further investigation of the clinical potential of ITS-based approaches in the diagnosis of mycotic infections...
- Anterior uveitis complicating zoledronic acid infusionAnnalisa Colucci
San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Ophthalmology, Milano, Italy
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 17:267-8. 2009..The patient was treated with topical prednisone and cycloplegic eye drops, with complete recovery after one month. This report shows that, on rare occasions, zoledronic acid can be a possible cause of acute anterior uveitis...
- Atypical toxoplasmosis masquerading late occurrence of typical findingsElisabetta Miserocchi
Department of Ophthalmology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 19:1091-3. 2009..To report two unusual cases of ocular toxoplasmosis...
- Safety and efficacy of topical infliximab in a mouse model of ocular surface scarringGiulio Ferrari
Cornea and Ocular Surface Disease Unit, Eye Repair Lab, San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:1680-8. 2013..To evaluate the safety/efficacy of topical infliximab, an anti-TNF-α monoclonal antibody, in a mouse model of ocular surface scarring...
- Efficacy of valacyclovir vs acyclovir for the prevention of recurrent herpes simplex virus eye disease: a pilot studyElisabetta Miserocchi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Am J Ophthalmol 144:547-51. 2007..To compare the efficacy of one-year treatment with valacyclovir vs acyclovir in preventing recurrence of the herpes simplex virus (HSV) eye disease...
- In vivo confocal microscopy in goldenhar syndrome: a case reportGiacinto Triolo
Cornea and Ocular Surface Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
BMC Ophthalmol 13:55. 2013..We aimed to (i) describe the in vivo confocal morphology of limbal dermoids in Goldenhar syndrome and (ii) compare these findings with standard light microscopy...
- Adult human Müller glia cells are a highly efficient source of rod photoreceptorsSerena G Giannelli
Stem Cell and Neurogenesis Unit, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Stem Cells 29:344-56. 2011..These data provide evidence that Müller glia retains an unpredicted plasticity and multipotent potential into adulthood, and it is therefore a promising source of novel therapeutic applications in retinal repair...
- Molecular basis for keratoconus: lack of TrkA expression and its transcriptional repression by Sp3Alessandro Lambiase
Department of Ophthalmology, University Campus Bio Medico, G B Bietti Eye Foundation, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16795-800. 2005..This mechanism for the transcriptional repression of the TrkA(NGFR) gene can provide the platform for the development of a therapeutic strategy...