Affiliation: San Camillo Hospital
- Hepatitis B and C in hematopoietic stem cell transplantAnna Locasciulli
Pediatric Hematology Hematology Departments, San Camillo Hospital, Circonvallazione Gianicolense 87, 00152 Rome, Italy
Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis 1:e2009016. 2009..In case there is no alternative than a HBv or HCv positive geno-identical donor, the risk of viral hepatitis, including acute liver failure and late complications, should be balanced with the benefit of transplant in a given situation...
- Hepatitis-associated aplastic anaemia: epidemiology and treatment results obtained in Europe. A report of The EBMT aplastic anaemia working partyAnna Locasciulli
Ematologia Pediatrica e Trapianto di Midollo, Ospedale San Camillo, Roma, Italy
Br J Haematol 149:890-5. 2010..In conclusion, the incidence of HAA was 5% and was evenly distributed over time and geographic areas in Europe. Treatment outcome and predictive variables, were comparable in patients with or without HAA...
- Outcome of patients with acquired aplastic anemia given first line bone marrow transplantation or immunosuppressive treatment in the last decade: a report from the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)Anna Locasciulli
Ematologia e Trapianto di Midollo, Ospedale San Camillo, Circonvallazione Gianicolense 87, 00152 Roma Italy
Haematologica 92:11-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the outcome of children and adults with AA treated in the last decade, and to determine whether results have improved in two sequential time periods,1991-1996 and 1997-2002...
- Reduced intensity conditioning with thiotepa, fludarabine, and melphalan is effective in advanced multiple myelomaIgnazio Majolino
Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera S Camillo Forlanini, Rome, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 48:759-66. 2007..When used as first line treatment the results of transplantation appear even more encouraging...
- Treatment of severe aplastic anemia with antilymphocyte globulin, cyclosporine and two different granulocyte colony-stimulating factor regimens: a GITMO prospective randomized studyAnna Locasciulli
Ematologia e Trapianto di Midollo, Ospedale San Camillo, Circonvallazione Gianicolense 87, 00152 Rome, Italy
Haematologica 89:1054-61. 2004..The aim of the present study was to test whether a higher dose of G-CSF (10 micro g/kg/day) would reduce these complications...
- High-risk fludarabine-pretreated B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia's high response rate following sequential DHAP and alemtuzumab administration though in absence of molecular remissionIgnazio Majolino
UO Ematologia e TMO, Azienda Ospedaliera S Camillo Forlanini, Roma, Italy
Med Oncol 23:359-68. 2006..However, the addition of autograft was not usually feasible and of questionable clinical use. Other strategies should thus be considered for remission maintenance...
- Acquired aplastic anemia in children: incidence, prognosis and treatment optionsAnna Locasciulli
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Ospedale San Camillo Forlanini, Rome, Italy
Paediatr Drugs 4:761-6. 2002..Therefore, patients should be referred to experienced centers early in the course of the disease in order to offer the patient the best therapeutic options presently available...
- Influence of donor/recipient sex matching on outcome of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for aplastic anemiaMartin Stern
University Hospital, Department of Hematology, Basel, Switzerland
Transplantation 82:218-26. 2006..An increased rejection of male grafts in female recipients is not reported for solid organ or stem cell transplants and the role of H-Y as transplantation antigen has been controversial...
- Granulocyte-stimulating factor and severe aplastic anemia: a survey by the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)Gerard Socie
Service d Hématologie Greffe, and Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U728, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 109:2794-6. 2007..These results emphasize the necessity of the current European randomized trial comparing IST with or without G-CSF and to alert physicians that adding G-CSF to IST is currently not standard treatment for SAA...
- Development of leukemia in donor cells after allogeneic stem cell transplantation--a survey of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)Bernd Hertenstein
Hannover Medical School, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Haematologica 90:969-75. 2005..DCL is an extremely rare complication of allogeneic SCT in which treatment attempts with chemotherapy and a second SCT are justified. Donors are not at an increased risk of developing hematologic malignancies...
- Worse outcome and more chronic GVHD with peripheral blood progenitor cells than bone marrow in HLA-matched sibling donor transplants for young patients with severe acquired aplastic anemiaHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics, University of Ulm, Germany
Blood 110:1397-400. 2007..Corresponding probabilities for older patients were 52% and 64%. These data indicate that BM grafts are preferred to PBPC grafts in young patients undergoing HLA-matched sibling donor transplantation for SAA...
- Nonmalignant late effects after allogeneic stem cell transplantationGerard Socie
Hematology Stem Cell Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Blood 101:3373-85. 2003
- Cyclosporin A response and dependence in children with acquired aplastic anaemia: a multicentre retrospective study with long-term observation follow-upPaola Saracco
Paediatric Haematology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Br J Haematol 140:197-205. 2008..This long-term follow-up of children with AAA shows that IST with a slow CyA tapering course is an effective treatment with a low-relapse rate in these cases...
- Increased risk of breast cancer among survivors of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation: a report from the FHCRC and the EBMT-Late Effect Working PartyDebra L Friedman
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle 98109, USA
Blood 111:939-44. 2008..Hazard for death associated with breast cancer was 2.5 (95% CI: 1.1-5.8). We conclude that female survivors of allogeneic HCT are at increased risk of breast cancer and should be educated about the need for regular screening...
- Immunosuppression with ALG and CsA is first line treatment in children with SAA lacking an HLA identical siblingAlbert N Bekassy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:359-60; author reply 361-2. 2005
- Genetic polymorphisms of CYP3A4, GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1 and NQO1 and the risk of acquired idiopathic aplastic anemia in Caucasian patientsCarlo Dufour
Hematology Unit, Department of Pediatric Hemato Oncology, Giannina Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Haematologica 90:1027-31. 2005..We assessed whether, in a Caucasian population, low or null activity polymorphisms of CYP3A4, GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1 and NQO1 were associated with the risk of developing aplastic anemia and with the response to immunosuppressive therapy...
- Treatment of acute graft-versus-host disease with prednisolone: significant survival advantage for day +5 responders and no advantage for nonresponders receiving anti-thymocyte globulinMaria Teresa Van Lint
Divisione Ematologia 2, Ospedale San Martino, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Blood 107:4177-81. 2006....