Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Phase Ib study of NGR-hTNF, a selective vascular targeting agent, administered at low doses in combination with doxorubicin to patients with advanced solid tumoursV Gregorc
Department of Oncology, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Via Olgettina, 60, Milan 20132, Italy
Br J Cancer 101:219-24. 2009..Significant preclinical synergy was shown between low doses of NGR-TNF and doxorubicin...
- The clinical relevance of Bcl-2, Rb and p53 expression in advanced non-small cell lung cancerVanesa Gregorc
Division of Medical Oncology, Policlinico Monteluce, Via Brunamonti 51, Perugia 06122, Italy
Lung Cancer 42:275-81. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of Bcl-2, retinoblastoma (Rb) and p53 proteins on overall survival of 102 patients with locally advanced and metastatic NSCLC who underwent cisplatin-based chemotherapy...
- Germline polymorphisms in EGFR and survival in patients with lung cancer receiving gefitinibV Gregorc
Department of Oncology, Scientific Institute University Hospital San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:477-84. 2008..54; 95% confidence interval: 0.32-0.91; P=0.015). The results may help identify patients with NSCLC who can benefit from gefitinib treatment...
- Gefitinib in patients with brain metastases from non-small-cell lung cancer: a prospective trialG L Ceresoli
Department of Oncology, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Milan
Ann Oncol 15:1042-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity and safety of gefitinib in NSCLC patients with brain metastases...
- Feasibility of [18F]FDG-PET and coregistered CT on clinical target volume definition of advanced non-small cell lung cancerC Messa
DNTB, School of Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 49:259-66. 2005..To prospectively evaluate the impact of coregistered positron emission tomography (PET) and computed tomography (CT) in 3D conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) planning in patients with non-small lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Efficacy and tolerability of gefitinib in pretreated elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)F Cappuzzo
Bellaria Hospital, Division of Medical Oncology, Via Altura 3, Bologna 40139, Italy
Br J Cancer 90:82-6. 2004..6%). Gefitinib is safe and well tolerated in elderly pretreated NSCLC patients. The disease-control rate achieved suggests that this drug could represent a valid option in the management of this unfavourable subgroup of patients...
- Plasma DNA, microsatellite alterations, and p53 tumor mutations are associated with disease-free survival in radically resected non-small cell lung cancer patients: a study of the perugia multidisciplinary team for thoracic oncologyVienna Ludovini
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Ospedale Perugia, Via Brunamonti 51, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 3:365-73. 2008..This prospective study examined association between circulating plasma DNA, microsatellite alterations (MA), p53 mutations with time to relapse and survival in surgically treated non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients (pts)...
- Estrogen receptor (ER) and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) as targets for dual lung cancer therapy: not just a case?Monica Giovannini
J Thorac Oncol 3:684-5. 2008
- Biological markers and DNA flow cytometric analysis in radically resected patients with non-small cell lung cancer. A study of the Perugia Multidisciplinary Team for Thoracic TumorsVienna Ludovini
Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera, Perugia, Italy
Tumori 94:398-405. 2008....
- Endothelial growth factor receptor inhibition after radiotherapyMonica Giovannini
Department of Medical Oncology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 2:662. 2007
- Prognostic value of circulating chromogranin A and soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors in advanced nonsmall cell lung cancerVanesa Gregorc
Department of Oncology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Cancer 110:845-53. 2007..The prognostic value of CgA and sTNF-Rs was investigated in advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC), a histologically heterogeneous group of tumors that may undergo neuroendocrine differentiation...
- Mass spectrometry to classify non-small-cell lung cancer patients for clinical outcome after treatment with epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors: a multicohort cross-institutional studyFumiko Taguchi
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6838, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:838-46. 2007....
- Role of computed tomography and [18F] fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography image fusion in conformal radiotherapy of non-small cell lung cancer: a comparison with standard techniques with and without elective nodal irradiationGiovanni Luca Ceresoli
Department of Oncology and Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Tumori 93:88-96. 2007....
- Pharmacogenetics of ABCG2 and adverse reactions to gefitinibGeorge Cusatis
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1739-42. 2006..99). The finding suggests that patients with reduced ABCG2 activity due to a common genetic variant are at increased risk for substrate drug-induced diarrhea, with implications for optimizing treatment with such agents...
- Increased HER2 gene copy number is associated with response to gefitinib therapy in epidermal growth factor receptor-positive non-small-cell lung cancer patientsFederico Cappuzzo
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Department of Medicine and Pathology, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5007-18. 2005..Preclinical data indicate that HER2, a member of the EGFR family, could enhance TKI sensitivity...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor gene and protein and gefitinib sensitivity in non-small-cell lung cancerFederico Cappuzzo
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:643-55. 2005..We carried out a clinical study to compare the relationship between EGFR gene copy number, EGFR protein expression, EGFR mutations, and Akt activation status as predictive markers for gefitinib therapy in advanced NSCLC...
- Effects of gefitinib on serum epidermal growth factor receptor and HER2 in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerVanesa Gregorc
Department of Oncology, Scientific Institute University Hospital San Raffaele, Milan
Clin Cancer Res 10:6006-12. 2004....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor, p53, Rb, Bcl-2 expression and response to chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancerVienna Ludovini
Division of Medical Oncology, Policlinico Monteluce Hospital, Via Brunamonti 51, 06122 Perugia, Italy
Lung Cancer 46:77-85. 2004..28; p = 0.02). Our results suggest that VEGF is weakly correlated with regulators of apoptosis and has not been shown to be an independent predictive factor for resistance to cisplatin-based chemotherapy and prognostic for survival...
- Akt phosphorylation and gefitinib efficacy in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancerFederico Cappuzzo
Department of Oncologic Sciences, Bellaria Maggiore Hospital, Bologna, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1133-41. 2004....
- Phase II study of weekly paclitaxel as second-line therapy in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerGiovanni Luca Ceresoli
Department of Oncology, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Via Olgettina, 60 20132 Milan, Italy
Lung Cancer 44:231-9. 2004..Patients with PS 0-1, non-squamous histology and with no progression within 4 months of first line cisplatin-based chemotherapy seem more likely to benefit from this treatment...
- Gefitinib in pretreated non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): analysis of efficacy and correlation with HER2 and epidermal growth factor receptor expression in locally advanced or metastatic NSCLCFederico Cappuzzo
Bellaria Hospital, Division of Medical Oncology, Via Altura 3, 40139 Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:2658-63. 2003..To evaluate the correlation between HER2 expression and gefitinib (ZD 1839, Iressa; AstraZeneca, London, United Kingdom) efficacy in terms of response rate, time to progression (TTP), and overall survival (OS) time...
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin as induction chemotherapy for patients with unresectable Stage IIIA-bulky N2 and Stage IIIB nonsmall cell lung carcinoma: an Italian Lung Cancer Project Observational StudyFederico Cappuzzo
Division of Medical Oncology, Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Cancer 98:128-34. 2003..The objective of this trial was to evaluate the activity and safety of one of the newer platinum-based doublets as a neoadjuvant regimen in patients with unresectable Stage IIIA-bulky N2 and Stage IIIB nonsmall cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC)...
- Relevance of p53, bcl-2 and Rb expression on resistance to cisplatin-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancerVanesa Gregorc
Division of Medical Oncology, Policlinico Monteluce, Perugia, Italy
Lung Cancer 39:41-8. 2003..The relationships and interactions between p53, Rb and bcl-2 immunostaining, clinical parameters and response to cisplatin-based chemotherapy were evaluated in the present study...