Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Neoadjuvant and adjuvant trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced breast cancer (NOAH): follow-up of a randomised controlled superiority trial with a parallel HER2-negative cohortLuca Gianni
San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:640-7. 2014..We report updated results from our primary analysis to establish the long-term benefit of trastuzumab-containing neoadjuvant therapy...
- Efficacy and safety of neoadjuvant pertuzumab and trastuzumab in women with locally advanced, inflammatory, or early HER2-positive breast cancer (NeoSphere): a randomised multicentre, open-label, phase 2 trialLuca Gianni
Oncologia Medica, San Raffaele Cancer Centre, Milan, Italy
Lancet Oncol 13:25-32. 2012..We investigated the combination of pertuzumab or trastuzumab, or both, with docetaxel and the combination of pertuzumab and trastuzumab without chemotherapy in the neoadjuvant setting...
- Treatment with trastuzumab for 1 year after adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with HER2-positive early breast cancer: a 4-year follow-up of a randomised controlled trialLuca Gianni
Department of Medical Oncology, San Raffaele Institute, Milan, Italy
Lancet Oncol 12:236-44. 2011..We aimed to assess disease-free survival and overall survival after a median follow-up of 4 years for patients enrolled on the Herceptin Adjuvant (HERA) trial...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy with trastuzumab followed by adjuvant trastuzumab versus neoadjuvant chemotherapy alone, in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced breast cancer (the NOAH trial): a randomised controlled superiority trial with a parallel HERLuca Gianni
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Lancet 375:377-84. 2010..We aimed to assess event-free survival in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced or inflammatory breast cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy with or without 1 year of trastuzumab...
- Feasibility and tolerability of sequential doxorubicin/paclitaxel followed by cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil and its effects on tumor response as preoperative therapyLuca Gianni
Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy, and Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 11:8715-21. 2005..We report here feasibility, tolerability, locoregional antitumor activity, and breast conservation rate...
- Trastuzumab as adjuvant systemic therapy for HER2-positive breast cancerGabriella Mariani
Department of Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 6:93-104. 2009..Current data do not support the use of trastuzumab for more than 1 year. The analysis of 2-year treatment with trastuzumab is expected to be available in 2009...
- Phase III trial evaluating the addition of paclitaxel to doxorubicin followed by cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil, as adjuvant or primary systemic therapy: European Cooperative Trial in Operable Breast CancerLuca Gianni
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:2474-81. 2009..To evaluate the addition of paclitaxel to an anthracycline-based adjuvant regimen and to compare this combination with the same regimen given as primary systemic (neoadjuvant) therapy...
- Capecitabine/Cyclophosphamide/Methotrexate for patients with metastatic breast cancer: a dose-finding, feasibility, and efficacy studyGabriella Mariani
Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Breast Cancer 7:321-5. 2006....
- Role of anthracyclines in the treatment of early breast cancerLuca Gianni
Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:4798-808. 2009..To review data relating to anthracyclines in the adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer...
- 2 years versus 1 year of adjuvant trastuzumab for HER2-positive breast cancer (HERA): an open-label, randomised controlled trialAron Goldhirsch
Department of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Lancet 382:1021-8. 2013....
- International expert consensus on primary systemic therapy in the management of early breast cancer: highlights of the Fourth Symposium on Primary Systemic Therapy in the Management of Operable Breast Cancer, Cremona, Italy (2010)Alfredo Berruti
Oncologia Medica, Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche, Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Luigi di Orbassano, Orbassano, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2011:147-51. 2011..Changes in tumor biology after PST are an early phenomenon; so, an additional core biopsy performed after 14 days from treatment start should be considered in clinical trials...
- Anthracycline cardiotoxicity: from bench to bedsideLuca Gianni
Division of Medical Oncology, Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Instituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:3777-84. 2008..Here, we incorporate these discussions into the framework of a broader review of preclinical and clinical issues...
- Clinical relevance of different sequencing of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and Fluorouracil in operable breast cancerGianni Bonadonna
Department of Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 22:1614-20. 2004..To assess the clinical relevance of different sequences of doxorubicin (DOX) and cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil (CMF) in patients with operable breast cancer at risk of disease relapse...
- AnthracyclinesLuca Gianni
Division of Medical Oncology A, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer Chemother Biol Response Modif 21:29-40. 2003
- AVEREL: a randomized phase III Trial evaluating bevacizumab in combination with docetaxel and trastuzumab as first-line therapy for HER2-positive locally recurrent/metastatic breast cancerLuca Gianni
Department of Medical Oncology, San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 31:1719-25. 2013..The potential predictive value of plasma VEGF-A is consistent with findings in HER2-negative LR/MBC, warranting prospective evaluation...
- Surrogate markers for targeted therapy-based treatment activity and efficacyGiampaolo Bianchini
Department of Medical Oncology, hSR San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, Milano 20132, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2011:91-4. 2011..Until now, clinically useful and validated predictive markers for targeted therapy are rare, but appropriate investigations in neoadjuvant studies will likely change this...
- Trastuzumab-Associated Cardiac Events at 8 Years of Median Follow-Up in the Herceptin Adjuvant Trial (BIG 1-01)Evandro de Azambuja
Evandro de Azambuja and Martine J Piccart Genhart, Institut Jules Bordet Evandro de Azambuja, Breast European Adjuvant Study Team Martine J Piccart Gebhart, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium Marion J Procter and Dominique Agbor Tarh, Frontier Science Scotland, Kincraig, Kingussie David A Cameron, University of Edinburgh and Western General Hospital, Edinburgh Ian E Smith, Royal Marsden Hospital and the Institute of Cancer Research Mitch Dowsett, The Royal Marsden National Health Service Trust, London, United Kingdom Dirk J van Veldhuisen, University of Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands Otto Metzger Filho and Richard D Gelber, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Jutta Steinseifer, F Hoffmann La Roche, Basel Thomas M Suter, Swiss Cardiovascular Center, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland Michael Untch, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Buch Christian Jackisch, Klinikum Offenbach, Offenbach, Germany Luca Gianni, San Raffaele Institute, Milan, Italy Jose Baselga, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York,
J Clin Oncol 32:2159-65. 2014..To document the rate and outcome of trastuzumab-associated cardiac dysfunction in patients following 1 or 2 years of adjuvant therapy...
- Research-based PAM50 subtype predictor identifies higher responses and improved survival outcomes in HER2-positive breast cancer in the NOAH studyAleix Prat
Authors Affiliations Translational Genomics Group, Vall d Hebron Institute of Oncology Department of Medicine, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia, Spain Oncología Médica, San Raffaele Cancer Centre, Milan, Italy Roche, Pharma Research and Early Development, Penzberg Frauenklinik vom Roten Kreuz, Munich, Germany University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina NN Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St Petersburg, Russian Federation NN Blokhin Russian Cancer Centre Central Clinical Hospital named after N A Semashko, Moscow, Russia and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
Clin Cancer Res 20:511-21. 2014....
- The immune system and response to HER2-targeted treatment in breast cancerGiampaolo Bianchini
Department of Medical Oncology, Ospedale San Raffaele, 20132 Milan, Italy
Lancet Oncol 15:e58-68. 2014....
- Prognostic and therapeutic implications of distinct kinase expression patterns in different subtypes of breast cancerGiampaolo Bianchini
Division of Medical Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 70:8852-62. 2010..Taken together, our results indicate that kinases regulating mitosis and immune functions convey distinct prognostic information that varies by clinical subtype...
- Long-term results of a combination of paclitaxel, cisplatin and gemcitabine for salvage therapy in male germ-cell tumoursNicola Nicolai
Urology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
BJU Int 104:340-6. 2009....
- Pilot trial of trastuzumab starting with or after the doxorubicin component of a doxorubicin plus paclitaxel regimen for women with HER2-positive advanced breast cancerGiulia Bianchi
Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 9:5944-51. 2003..This pilot study evaluates the efficacy and cardiac tolerability of AT followed by paclitaxel with trastuzumab started with AT or paclitaxel alone and investigates pharmacokinetic interactions...
- Targeting TRAIL agonistic receptors for cancer therapyCarmelo Carlo-Stella
Cristina Gandini Medical Oncology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 13:2313-7. 2007..The clinical translation of cell and gene therapy approaches represent a challenging strategy that might achieve systemic tumor targeting and increased intratumor delivery of the therapeutic agent...
- Accurate data processing improves the reliability of Affymetrix gene expression profiles from FFPE samplesMaurizio Callari
Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e86511. 2014..Tools for the implementation of our data processing algorithm are made publicly available at http://www.biocut.unito.it/cdf-ffpe/. ..