Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Ferini Strambi L, Bonati M, Oldani A, Aridon P, Zucconi M, Casari G. Genetics in restless legs syndrome. Sleep Med. 2004;5:301-4 pubmed..However, the efforts toward the identification of RLS genes must continue in order to obtain a better characterization of the syndrome and to identify new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Rinaldi F, Galbiati A, Marelli S, Cusmai M, Gasperi A, Oldani A, et al. Defining the phenotype of restless legs syndrome/Willis-Ekbom disease (RLS/WED): a clinical and polysomnographic study. J Neurol. 2016;263:396-402 pubmed publisher..This draws attention on the importance of a careful evaluation of the patient, to recognize potentially treatable secondary forms of RLS/WED. ..
- Ferini Strambi L, Marelli S, Combi R. Does the Type of Multisystem Atrophy, Parkinsonism, or Cerebellar Ataxia Impact on the Nature of Sleep Disorders?. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2016;16:105 pubmed..These findings suggest that although the dominant clinical presentations differ between MSA-C and MSA-P, a common pathophysiology may underlie both subtypes of MSA. ..
- Ferini Strambi L, Lombardi G, Marelli S, Galbiati A. Neurological Deficits in Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2017;19:16 pubmed publisher..This review clearly shows the importance of taking a sleep history in neurological patients and considering the diagnosis and specific treatment of OSA in these patients. ..
- Ferini Strambi L, Marelli S, Zucconi M, Galbiati A, Biggio G. Effects of different doses of triazolam in the middle-of-the-night insomnia: a double-blind, randomized, parallel group study. J Neurol. 2017;264:1362-1369 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that low dose of triazolam objectively and subjectively improves the sleep of patients having MOTN insomnia. ..
- Castronovo V, Galbiati A, Marelli S, Brombin C, Cugnata F, Giarolli L, et al. Validation study of the Italian version of the Insomnia Severity Index (ISI). Neurol Sci. 2016;37:1517-24 pubmed publisher..75. The ISI questionnaire maintains good psychometric properties in the Italian version, thus confirming that this instrument is reliable for detecting insomnia severity and identifying patients' symptoms. ..
- Galbiati A, Abutalebi J, Iannaccone S, Borsa V, Musteata S, Zucconi M, et al. The effects of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) on Idiopathic Hypersomnia: a pilot study. Arch Ital Biol. 2016;154:1-5 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that tDCS may foster the management of EDS in IH, improving also the attentional domain. ..
- Marelli S, Rancoita P, Giarrusso F, Galbiati A, Zucconi M, Oldani A, et al. National validation and proposed revision of REM sleep behavior disorder screening questionnaire (RBDSQ). J Neurol. 2016;263:2470-2475 pubmed....
- Ferini Strambi L, Fantini M, Zucconi M, Castronovo V, Marelli S, Oldani A, et al. REM sleep behaviour disorder. Neurol Sci. 2005;26 Suppl 3:s186-92 pubmed..The detection of early markers of neurodegenerative disorders in idiopathic RBD, and the evaluation of their value by the combined application in prospective studies may be crucial for developing early intervention strategies...
- Garbarino S, Guglielmi O, Campus C, Mascialino B, Pizzorni D, Nobili L, et al. Screening, diagnosis, and management of obstructive sleep apnea in dangerous-goods truck drivers: to be aware or not?. Sleep Med. 2016;25:98-104 pubmed publisher..Untreated subjects with severe OSA had a significantly increased risk of NMAs. In professional drivers, screening, treatment, and management of OSA are mandatory for reducing road accident risk and improving road safety. ..
- Ferini Strambi L, Sforza M, Poletti M, Giarrusso F, Galbiati A. Daytime sleepiness: more than just Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Med Lav. 2017;108:260-266 pubmed publisher....
- ..Opioids and antidepressants are effective in reducing pain but can exacerbate sleep disturbances. Pfizer, Italy. ..
- Giora E, Galbiati A, Marelli S, Zucconi M, Ferini Strambi L. Evidence of perceptive impairment in OSA patients investigated by means of a visual search task. Cortex. 2017;95:136-142 pubmed publisher..This study indicates the presence of an impairment in OSA patients involving basic mechanisms of visual processing and likely ascribable to the disorder per se. ..