Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Diagnosis and treatment of traumatic pulmonary pseudocystsGiulio Melloni
Department of Thoracic Surgery, San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
J Trauma 54:737-43. 2003..Traumatic pulmonary pseudocysts (TPPs) are rare sequelae of blunt chest trauma. We present a retrospective review of TPPs observed in our hospital and discuss the diagnosis, treatment, and complications of these unusual lesions...
- Pulmonary extravascular fluid accumulation in recreational climbers: a prospective studyGeorge Cremona
Unit of Respiratory Medicine, San Raffaele University Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italy
Lancet 359:303-9. 2002..High altitude pulmonary oedema (HAPE) that is severe enough to require urgent medical care is infrequent. We hypothesised that subclinical HAPE is far more frequent than suspected during even modest climbs of average effort...
- Mechanisms of gas exchange response to lung volume reduction surgery in severe emphysemaGeorge Cremona
Unità di Pneumologia, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italy
J Appl Physiol (1985) 110:1036-45. 2011..Individual gas exchange responses to LVRS vary greatly, but can be explained by changes in combinations of determining variables that are different for oxygen and carbon dioxide...
- A particular anatomic variation of the course of the left pulmonary arteryGiulio Melloni
Department of Thoracic Surgery and the Pulmonary Medicine Unit, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:1719-20. 2005
- Localized organizing pneumonia: report of 21 casesGiulio Melloni
Department of Thoracic Surgery, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1946-51. 2007..Thoracic surgeons have limited experience with treating localized organizing pneumonia owing to its rare occurrence in routine clinical practice...
- Autonomic cardiovascular regulation in subjects with acute mountain sicknessPaola A Lanfranchi
Centre de Recherche, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, 5400 Boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, QC, Canada H4J 1C5
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2364-72. 2005..Marked LF(SBP) response to short-term hypoxia identifies AMS-prone subjects, supporting the potential role of an exaggerated individual chemoreflex vasoconstrictive response to hypoxia in the genesis of AMS...