Affiliation: Sacro Cuore Hospital
- Acute strongyloidiasis in Italian tourists returning from Southeast AsiaAndrea Angheben
Centre for Tropical Diseases, Hospital S Cuore Don Calabria, Negrar, Italy
J Travel Med 18:138-40. 2011..This paper describes two cases of acute strongyloidiasis in travelers returning from Southeast Asia and highlights the need to take strongyloidiasis into account also among acute travel-related illnesses...
- Should malaria treatment be guided by a point of care rapid test? A threshold approach to malaria management in rural Burkina FasoZeno Bisoffi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, S Cuore Hospital, Negrar, Verona, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e58019. 2013..The test threshold is the tradeoff between refraining and testing, the test-treatment threshold is the tradeoff between testing and treating. Only if the disease probability lies between the two should the test be used...
- Severe strongyloidiasis: a systematic review of case reportsDora Buonfrate
Centre for Tropical Diseases CTD, Sacro Cuore Hospital, Negrar, Verona, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 13:78. 2013..We carried out a review of literature on hyperinfection syndrome (HS) and disseminated strongyloidiasis (DS), in order to describe the most challenging aspects of severe strongyloidiasis...
- Randomized clinical trial on ivermectin versus thiabendazole for the treatment of strongyloidiasisZeno Bisoffi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, S Cuore Hospital, Negrar Verona, Italy
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1254. 2011..Direct parasitologic exams are not sensitive enough to prove cure if negative. We used an indirect immune fluorescent antibody test (IFAT) along with direct methods for patient inclusion and efficacy assessment...
- Accuracy of a rapid diagnostic test on the diagnosis of malaria infection and of malaria-attributable fever during low and high transmission season in Burkina FasoZeno Bisoffi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, S, Cuore Hospital, 37024 Negrar, Verona, Italy
Malar J 9:192. 2010..This study aims at estimating the accuracy of a RDT for the diagnosis of both malaria infection and malaria - attributable fever, in a region of Burkina Faso with a typically seasonal malaria transmission pattern...
- Strict adherence to malaria rapid test results might lead to a neglect of other dangerous diseases: a cost benefit analysis from Burkina FasoZeno Bisoffi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, S, Cuore Hospital, Negrar Verona, Italy
Malar J 10:226. 2011..This paper aims at determining the costs and benefits of two competing strategies for the management of MAF: presumptive treatment for all or use of RDTs...
- Coccidioidomycosis: first imported case in ItalyFederico Gobbi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, Hospital Sacro Cuore Don Calabria, Negrar, Verone, Italy
J Travel Med 19:192-4. 2012..This disease should enter in the differential diagnosis of any febrile patient (especially if presenting with pulmonary symptoms, with or without hypereosinophilia) coming from Coccidioides immitis endemic areas...
- Autochthonous cases of mycetoma in europe: report of two cases and review of literatureDora Buonfrate
Center for Tropical Diseases CTD, Sacro Cuore Hospital, Negrar, Verona, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e100590. 2014....
- Failure of malaria chemoprophylaxis with mefloquine in an oversize traveller to MozambiqueFederico Gobbi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, Sacro Cuore Don Calabria Hospital, Verona, Negrar, Italy
Malar J 12:451. 2013..This case seems to be attributed to mefloquine resistance, however it is suggested that mefloquine dosage should be modulated by body weight, as is already indicated by some authorities. ..
- Case report: Loiasis with peripheral nerve involvement and spleen lesionsFederico Gobbi
Centro per le Malattie Tropicali, Ospedale Sacro Cuore Don Calabria, Negrar, Verona, Italy
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:733-7. 2011..More information is needed to better characterize the protean manifestations of the disease in loiasis-endemic areas to evaluate the true incidence of loiasis...
- Imported strongyloidiasis: epidemiology, presentations, and treatmentDora Buonfrate
Centre for Tropical Diseases CTD, Sacro Cuore Hospital, Via Sempreboni 5, Negrar, Verona, Italy
Curr Infect Dis Rep 14:256-62. 2012..In fact, delayed diagnosis and treatment has life-threatening consequences in patients with conditions predisposing to development of hyperinfection and dissemination...
- Evaluation of an indirect immunofluorescence assay for strongyloidiasis as a tool for diagnosis and follow-upMarina Boscolo
Centre for Tropical Diseases, Sacro Cuore Hospital, Via Sempreboni 5, 37024, Negrar, Verona, Italy
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:129-33. 2007..A titer of > or = 1:80, with virtually no false-positive result, is a reliable cutoff for a serological assessment of treatment efficacy and for inclusion in clinical trials...
- Human and entomological surveillance of West Nile fever, dengue and chikungunya in Veneto Region, Italy, 2010-2012Federico Gobbi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, Sacro Cuore Don Calabria Hospital, Negrar, Verona, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 14:60. 2014..ii) To detect autochthonous cases of WNF, besides those of West Nile Neuroinvasive Disease (WNND) that were already included in a national surveillance...
- Surveillance for West Nile, dengue, and chikungunya virus infections, Veneto Region, Italy, 2010Federico Gobbi
Ospedale Sacro Cuore Don Calabria, Negrar, Verona, Italy
Emerg Infect Dis 18:671-3. 2012..Surveillance highlighted the need to modify case definitions, train physicians, and when a case is identified, implement vector control measures...
- Rapid malaria diagnostic tests vs. clinical management of malaria in rural Burkina Faso: safety and effect on clinical decisions. A randomized trialZeno Bisoffi
Centre for Tropical Diseases, Sacro Cuore Hospital, Negrar Verona, Italy
Trop Med Int Health 14:491-8. 2009....