Genomes and Genes
- Gpr171, a putative P2Y-like receptor, negatively regulates myeloid differentiation in murine hematopoietic progenitorsLara Rossi
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy and Center for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Exp Hematol 41:102-12. 2013..Together with phylogenic analyses, our data suggest that Gpr171 may have followed a separate evolutionary pathway as compared to other P2YRs belonging to the same gene cluster...
- TIMP-1 deficiency subverts cell-cycle dynamics in murine long-term HSCsLara Rossi
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy and Center for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 117:6479-88. 2011..Our findings establish a role for TIMP-1 in regulating HSC function, suggesting a novel mechanism presiding over stem cell quiescence in the framework of the BM milieu...
- The expansion of T-cells and hematopoietic progenitors as a result of overexpression of the lymphoblastic leukemia gene, Lyl1 can support leukemia formationGeorgi L Lukov
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Leuk Res 35:405-12. 2011..Our studies present substantial evidence supporting the secondary, pro-leukemic effect of Lyl1 in early hematopoietic progenitors with the potential to cause expansion of malignant cells with a stem/early progenitor-like phenotype...
- Hematopoietic stem cell characterization and isolationLara Rossi
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 750:47-59. 2011....
- CD81 is essential for the re-entry of hematopoietic stem cells to quiescence following stress-induced proliferation via deactivation of the Akt pathwayKuanyin K Lin
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Biol 9:e1001148. 2011..Thus, CD81 functions as part of a previously undefined mechanism that prohibits excessive proliferation of HSCs exposed to environmental stress...
- Less is more: unveiling the functional core of hematopoietic stem cells through knockout miceLara Rossi
Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Stem Cell 11:302-17. 2012..Finally, we propose recommendations for characterization of HSC function in knockout mice to facilitate cross-study comparisons that would generate a more cohesive picture of HSC biology...
- Molecular and functional analysis of the stem cell compartment of chronic myelogenous leukemia reveals the presence of a CD34- cell population with intrinsic resistance to imatinibRoberto M Lemoli
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology L and A Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Blood 114:5191-200. 2009..Moreover, leukemic CD34(-) cells survived exposure to BCR-ABL inhibitors in vivo. Thus, we identified a novel CD34(-) leukemic stem cell subset in CML with peculiar molecular and functional characteristics...