G M Rosano
- Cardiovascular pharmacology of hormone replacement therapyG M Rosano
Department of Cardiology, Istituto H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Drugs Aging 15:219-34. 1999..However, the HERS study has several limitations and stands alone against the large body of evidence that suggest that HRT may reduce cardiovascular mortality and morbidity...
- Acute anti-ischemic effect of testosterone in men with coronary artery diseaseG M Rosano
Department of Cardiology, Istituto H San Raffaele, Roma and Milano, Italy
Circulation 99:1666-70. 1999..Accordingly, the aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of acute administration of testosterone on exercise-induced myocardial ischemia in men...
- Cardioprotective effects of ovarian hormones and the HERS in perspectiveG M Rosano
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Reaearch Unit, San Raffaele Eur Iosinvert Sanita, Roma, Italy
Maturitas 34:S3-10. 2000..Until completion of these studies hormone replacement therapy in women with increased cardiovascular risk should be seen with no enthusiasm but also with no fear...
- Acute electrophysiologic effect of estradiol 17beta in menopausal womenG M Rosano
Department of Cardiology, Istituto H San Raffale, Milan, Italy
Am J Cardiol 86:1385-7, A5-6. 2000..Estradiol 17beta significantly affected electrophysiologic parameters, thereby suggesting its role in the development of palpitations in women...
- Effect of sildenafil citrate upon myocardial ischemia in patients with chronic stable angina in therapy with beta-blockersR Patrizi
Department of Internal Medicine, San Raffaele Rome, , Italy
Ital Heart J 2:841-4. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: PDE5 inhibition does not worsen exercise capacity and exercise-induced myocardial ischemia in patients with chronic stable angina whose symptoms and exercise test response are well controlled by beta-blocker therapy...
- Comparative cardiovascular effects of different progestins in menopauseG M Rosano
Department of Internal Medicine, San Raffaele, Tosinvest Sanita, Rome, Italy
Int J Fertil Womens Med 46:248-56. 2001..Of importance, the results of HERS should not be used to suggest alternative forms of treatment, especially the selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), for cardiovascular protection in postmenopausal women...
- Predictors of long-term clinical outcome in patients undergoing multiple vessel stenting for coronary artery diseaseI Sheiban
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Italy
Ital Heart J 1:480-6. 2000..The clinical outcome and the predictors of the outcome of patients receiving multiple stents are not known...
- Effect of estradiol valerate alone or in association with cyproterone acetate upon vascular function of postmenopausal women at increased risk for cardiovascular diseaseC Vitale
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Unit, via della Pisana 235, San Raffaele-Roma, Tosinvest Sanita, 00163 Rome, Italy
Maturitas 40:239-45. 2001..These effects may be relevant for cardioprotection...
- How progestins influence the cardiovascular effect of hormone replacement therapyG M Rosano
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Unit, San Raffaele Roma, Tosinvest Sanita, Rome, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 15:9-17. 2001..Data from recent randomized secondary prevention studies have to be viewed with caution...
- Time course and determinants of left ventricular function recovery after primary angioplasty in patients with acute myocardial infarctionI Sheiban
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Torino, Ospedale San Giovanni Battista Molinette, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:464-71. 2001....