- Metronomic chemotherapy for cancer treatment: a decade of clinical studiesAdriana Romiti
Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, Sapienza University, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa 1035 1039, 00189, Rome, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:13-33. 2013..This review analyses available studies dealing with metronomic chemotherapy and its combination with several targeted agents in solid tumours...
- A phase II trial of a biweekly combination of paclitaxel and gemcitabine in metastatic breast cancerSilverio Tomao
Department of Clinical Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute of Rome, Via Chianesi, 53, 00100 Rome, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:137. 2006..Among these new agents paclitaxel and gemcitabine play a crucial role, mostly in patients with relapsed and metastatic disease after failure of chemotherapy with antracyclines...
- Gastric mucosa alterations in first-degree relatives of gastric cancer patientsAdriana Romiti
Oncology, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 25:2567-72. 2005..On the other hand, both gastric cell hyperproliferation and abnormalities of adhesion molecules have been involved in gastric carcinogenesis. We studied gastric mucosa alterations in first-degree relatives of gastric cancer patients...
- Somatostatin receptor subtype 2 A (SSTR2A) and HER2 expression in gastric adenocarcinomaAdriana Romiti
Department of Oncology, Sant Andrea Hospital, La Sapienza University, Via Grottarossa 1035, 00189, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 32:115-9. 2012..This study assessed the presence of somatostatin receptor subtype 2A (SSTR2A) in gastric cancer, correlating its expression with histological type, grade, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) expression, and disease outcome...
- Relationship between beta-catenin expression and epithelial cell proliferation in gastric mucosa with intestinal metaplasiaAdriana Romiti
Medical Oncology, Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 11:4400-3. 2005..To investigate beta-catenin expression in patients with intestinal metaplasia, and to look for a possible relationship between beta-catenin expression and either epithelial proliferation values or Helicobacter pylori (H pylori) infection...
- Alteration of E-cadherin expression in gastric mucosa: role of intestinal metaplasia and Helicobacter pylori infectionAngelo Zullo
Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, Nuovo Regina Margherita Hospital, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 24:1603-7. 2004..This study aimed to assess the role of both intestinal metaplasia and H. pylori infection on E-cadherin expression in gastric mucosa...
- Gastric epithelial cell proliferation and ras oncogene p21 expression in first-degree relatives of gastric cancer patients: a case-control studyAngelo Zullo
Department of Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, Nuovo Regina Margherita Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:921-6. 2006..Individuals with a family history of gastric cancer have an increased risk of developing such neoplasia. This study aimed to assess epithelial cell proliferation and ras oncogene mutation in such individuals...
- Chemotherapy for the biliary tract cancers: moving toward improved survival timeAdriana Romiti
Department of Oncology, Sant Andrea Hospital, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Gastrointest Cancer 43:396-404. 2012..However, the small sample size of most of these studies prevents generalization...
- Tumors of ampulla of Vater: A case series and review of chemotherapy optionsAdriana Romiti
Adriana Romiti, Viola Barucca, Ida Sarcina, Roberta Di Rocco, Chiara D Antonio, Paolo Marchetti, Oncology Unit, University La Sapienza, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa 1035, 00189 Rome, Italy
World J Gastrointest Oncol 4:60-7. 2012..In accordance with the literature, a longer median survival was observed in the group of ampullary carcinomas...
- Arterial thrombotic events and acute coronary syndromes with cancer drugs: are growth factors the missed link?: what both cardiologist and oncologist should know about novel angiogenesis inhibitorsElena Conti
Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Ospedale Sant Andrea, Rome, Italy
Int J Cardiol 167:2421-9. 2013..An appropriate treatment with antiplatelet or anticoagulant drugs, endothelial protective agents or cardiovascular interventions is similarly advised. ..
- Profiling the prognosis of gastric cancer patients: is it worth correlating the survival with the clinical/pathological and molecular features of gastric cancers?Laura Lorenzon
Surgical and Medical Department of Translational Medicine, Sant Andrea Hospital, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Via di Grottarossa 1035 39, 00189 Rome, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:196541. 2013..The prognosis of gastric cancer patients still remains poor. The aim of this study was investigating the prognostic value of several clinical/pathological/molecular features in a consecutive series of gastric cancers...
- Bevacizumab plus chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated in clinical practiceLuigi Rossi
Oncology, S M Goretti Hospital, Latina, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Future Oncol 8:1193-7. 2012..We aimed to evaluate the overall clinical response to such a therapy in clinical practice and assess the role of KRAS status on therapy response...
- Long-term survival in metastatic pancreatic cancer. A case report and review of the literatureGian Paolo Spinelli
Department of Experimental Medicine and Pathology, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
JOP 7:486-91. 2006..Pancreatic cancer still remains an incurable disease. The survival rate of patients in all stages of the disease is poor. Overall median survival is 3-5 months with a 12-month survival rate of 10% and a 5-year survival rate less than 5%...
- Tolerability of Raltitrexed ('Tomudex') in elderly patients with colorectal cancerAdriana Romiti
National Cancer Institute of Genoa, Section of Rome, Department of Experimental Medicine and Pathology, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 22:3071-6. 2002..In this retrospective study, the tolerability of raltitrexed in patients with CRC was examined in relation to age...
- Is there a benefit by the sequence anastrozole-formestane for postmenopausal metastatic breast cancer women?Paolo Carlini
Department of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via Elio Chianesi 53, Rome, Italy
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 86:107-9. 2003....
- Simultaneous intraductal papillary neoplasms of the bile duct and pancreas treated with chemoradiotherapyRoberto Valente
Roberto Valente, Gabriele Capurso, Matteo Piciucchi, Emilio Di Giulio, Gianfranco Delle Fave, Digestive and Liver Disease Unit, Second Medical School, La Sapienza University, S Andrea Hospital, 00189 Rome, Italy
World J Gastrointest Oncol 4:22-5. 2012..This is also the first reported case of IPMN-B successfully treated with chemoradiotherapy. Clinicians should consider medical treatment as an option in this clinical scenario, in patients who may be unfit for surgery...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in completely resected gastric cancer: a randomized phase III trial conducted by GOIRCFrancesco Di Costanzo
Unit of Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Viale Pieraccini 17, 50139 Florence, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:388-98. 2008..Complete surgical resection of gastric cancer is potentially curative, but long-term survival is poor...