- Cerebrospinal fluid levels of the endocannabinoid anandamide are reduced in patients with untreated newly diagnosed temporal lobe epilepsyAndrea Romigi
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Epilepsia 51:768-72. 2010..The objective of our study was to measure endocannabinoids levels in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of drug-naive patients affected by temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE)...
- Sleep disorders in spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (Kennedy's disease): a controlled polysomnographic and self-reported questionnaires studyAndrea Romigi
Neurophysiopathology Unit, Department of Systems Medicine, Sleep Medicine Centre, Tor Vergata University and Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Neurol 261:889-93. 2014..OSA is the most common sleep disorder in SBMA. The sleep impairment could be induced both by OSA or/and the neurodegenerative processes involving crucial areas regulating the sleep-wake cycle. ..
- Effects of zonisamide as add-on therapy on sleep-wake cycle in focal epilepsy: a polysomnographic studyAndrea Romigi
University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Neurophysiopathology Department, Italy
Epilepsy Behav 26:170-4. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of zonisamide (ZNS) as adjunctive therapy on sleep-wake cycle and daytime somnolence in adult patients affected by focal epilepsy...
- Sleep disorders in adult-onset myotonic dystrophy type 1: a controlled polysomnographic studyA Romigi
Neurophysiopathology Department, Sleep Medicine Centre, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurol 18:1139-45. 2011..Sleep disturbances and excessive daytime somnolence are common and disabling features in adult-onset myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1)...
- Pregabalin as add-on therapy induces REM sleep enhancement in partial epilepsy: a polysomnographic studyA Romigi
Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Centro di Medicina del Sonno, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurol 16:70-5. 2009..To evaluate the effects of pregabalin (PGB) adjunctive therapy on sleepwake cycle and daytime somnolence in adult patients affected by partial epilepsy...
- Cognitive and psychiatric effects of topiramate monotherapy in migraine treatment: an open studyA Romigi
Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Centro di Medicina del Sonno, Policlinico Tor Vergata, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy, and Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurol 15:190-5. 2008..Slow titration, low doses, lack of previous psychiatric disorders and/or familial history may explain our data...
- Effect of cabergoline added to levodopa treatment on sleep-wake cycle in idiopathic Parkinson's disease: an open label 24-hour polysomnographic studyA Romigi
University of Rome Tor Vergata Policlinico Tor Vergata Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia Centro di Medicina del Sonno, Rome, Italy
J Neural Transm 113:1909-13. 2006..We hypothesize that the long-lasting effect of cabergoline may improve the objective quality of nocturnal sleep in PD patients complaining nocturnal motor disability without inducing daytime sleepiness...
- Sleep episodes and daytime somnolence as result of individual susceptibility to different dopaminergic drugs in a PD patient: a polysomnographic studyA Romigi
University of Rome Tor Vergata Policlinico Tor Vergata Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Centro di Medicina del Sunno, Italy
J Neurol Sci 228:7-10. 2005..We hypothesize that an individual susceptibility to specific antiparkinsonian drug may play a significant role in the genesis of sleepiness in our PD patient...
- Cortical dysplasia, temporal atrophy, mental retardation, dysmorphic facies, and partial epilepsy: an EEG and dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) MRI study in a new possible genetic syndromeA Romigi
Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia Policlinico Tor Vergata Università di Roma Tor Vergata, V le Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
Int J Neurosci 113:307-14. 2003..DSC MRI is useful in the evaluation of regions involved in the genesis of ictal and interictal epileptiform activity. Furthermore, we hypothesize that our patient would be affected by a new possible genetic syndrome...
- Baroreflex buffering of sympathetic activation during sleep: evidence from autonomic assessment of sleep macroarchitecture and microarchitectureFerdinando Iellamo
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna Centro di Riabilitazione Cardiologica San Raffaele Pisana, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Santa Lucia, Roma, Italy
Hypertension 43:814-9. 2004..Throughout the overnight sleep period, the arterial baroreflex acts to buffer surges of sympathetic activation by means of rapid changes in cardiac vagal circuits...
- Topiramate: effect on EEG interictal abnormalities and background activity in patients affected by focal epilepsyFabio Placidi
Neurofisiopatologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, V le Oxford 81, Rome 00133, Italy
Epilepsy Res 58:43-52. 2004....
- Sleep-wake cycle and effects of cabergoline monotherapy in de novo Parkinson's disease patients. An ambulatory polysomnographic studyFabio Placidi
Neurology Clinic, Dept of Neuroscience, University of Rome, Tor Vergata Policlinico Tor Vergata, Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Centro di Medicina del Sonno, V le Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Neurol 255:1032-7. 2008..To investigate the sleep-wake cycle and the effects of cabergoline monotherapy in a homogenous group of de novo Parkinson's Disease (PD) patients without confounding comorbid factors...
- Quantitative EEG and dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI in Alzheimer's disease: a correlative studyDonatella Mattia
Fondazione Santa Lucia, I R C C S, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 114:1210-6. 2003....
- Non-motor functions in parkinsonian patients implanted in the pedunculopontine nucleus: focus on sleep and cognitive domainsStefani Alessandro
IRCCS Fondazione S Lucia, Rome, Italy
J Neurol Sci 289:44-8. 2010....
- Electroencephalography and dementia: a literature review and future perspectivesDavide Ferrazzoli
Neuroscience Department, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 12:512-9. 2013..We propose that qualitative EEG analysis integrated with cerebrospinal biomarkers may be extensively used to better define dementia. ..
- Dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) MRI and interictal epileptiform activity in cryptogenic partial epilepsyFabio Placidi
Neurofisiopatologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Epilepsia 43:1515-21. 2002..To study the possible correlation between interictal EEG patterns and neuroradiologic data obtained by dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with partial epilepsy...
- Increased cortical excitability after selective REM sleep deprivation in healthy humans: a transcranial magnetic stimulation studyFabio Placidi
Department of Neurosciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Sleep Med 14:288-92. 2013..The aim of our study was to evaluate the effects of selective REM sleep deprivation (SRD) on cortical excitability in healthy subjects by means of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)...
- Paucisymptomatic Marchiafava-Bignami disease with relevant diffusion-weighted MRI lesionsMaria Giovanna Sarpa
1Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Int J Neurosci 123:738-40. 2013....
- Quantitative EEG patterns following unilateral stroke: a study in chronic stageDonatella Mattia
Fondazione Santa Lucia, I R C C S, Via Ardeatina, 306, 00179, Rome, Italy
Int J Neurosci 113:465-82. 2003..These findings indicate that different EEG patterns of activation characterize stroke patients with left and right hemispheric damage...
- Gabapentin as add-on therapy in focal epilepsy: a computerized EEG studyD Mattia
IRCCS Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:311-7. 2000....
- Improvement of restless legs syndrome by varenicline as antismoking treatmentAndrea Romigi
IRCCS Neuromed Istituto Neurologico Mediterraneo Sleep Medicine Center Pozzilli Is, Italy Università di Roma Tor Vergata Neurophysiopathology Department Sleep and Epilepsy Centre, Rome, Italy
J Clin Sleep Med 9:1089-90. 2013..We present a familial case of severe restless legs syndrome (RLS) resistant to polytherapy who showed a consistent and effective amelioration of RLS symptoms after introduction of varenicline as antismoking drug...
- Carotid artery stenting with filter protection in high-risk patients showing severe electroencephalographic alterations during carotid endarterectomyRoberto Gandini
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Endovasc Ther 13:451-6. 2006..To describe the results and efficacy of stent treatment in patients with carotid stenosis who had aborted carotid endarterectomy procedures due to the appearance of severe electroencephalographic (EEG) alterations...
- Sleep-related changes in baroreflex sensitivity and cardiovascular autonomic modulationJacopo M Legramante
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna Centro di Riabilitazione Cardiologica San Raffaele Pisana, Université di Roma, Rome, Italy
J Hypertens 21:1555-61. 2003....
- Gabapentin-induced modulation of interictal epileptiform activity related to different vigilance levelsF Placidi
Clinica Neurologica, Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:1637-42. 2000..The aim of our study was to evaluate the effects of chronic therapy with GBP on both nocturnal sleep and on interictal epileptiform abnormalities (IEA) in relation to the different sleep stages...
- Effect of antiepileptic drugs on sleepF Placidi
Clinica Neurologica, Universita Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:S115-9. 2000..In this paper we review some relevant aspects of the effects of antiepileptic drugs on sleep...
- ICTAL aphasia as manifestation of partial status epilepticus in a long-lasting misdiagnosed symptomatic epilepsy: an emblematic caseF Sperli
Neurophysiopathology Department, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Int J Neurosci 119:531-7. 2009..We conclude that MRI is a mandatory diagnostic method to identify structural abnormalities underlying epilepsy in all patients affected by recurrent focal seizures independent of the duration of epilepsy...
- Ketotic hyperglycemia and epilepsia partialis continuaF Placidi
Clinica Neurologica, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Neurology 57:534-7. 2001..Hyperglycemia may reduce seizure threshold because of the increase in gamma-aminobutyric acid metabolism and may trigger epileptic discharges...
- Bilateral frontal polymicrogyria and epilepsy in a patient with Turner mosaicism: a case reportM Tombini
Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Neurol Sci 213:83-6. 2003..We hypothesize that the absence or abnormalities of developmental genes localized on the X-chromosome could be involved in the pathogenesis of BFP observed in our patient...
- Pedunculopontine nucleus stimulation influences REM sleep in Parkinson's diseaseA Romigi
Eur J Neurol 15:e64-5. 2008