- Effects of soy isoflavones and genistein on glucose metabolism in perimenopausal and postmenopausal non-Asian women: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsElena Ricci
Clinica Ostetrica Ginecologica, Dipartimento Ostetrico Ginecologico, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, Ospedale Maggiore, Mangiagalli, Regina Elena, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Menopause 17:1080-6. 2010..This meta-analysis aimed to assess the overall effect of soy isoflavones on glucose metabolism: fasting blood glucose, insulin, and insulin resistance...
- Diet in pregnancy and risk of small for gestational age birth: results from a retrospective case-control study in ItalyElena Ricci
I Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica, Università di Milano Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Matern Child Nutr 6:297-305. 2010..7 (95% CI 0.5-0.9). After allowing for factors generally known to be associated with SGA, we have shown that eating more fish and eggs, and less meat and possibly olive oil, are associated with a lower risk of delivering an SGA baby...
- Soy isoflavones and bone mineral density in perimenopausal and postmenopausal Western women: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsElena Ricci
Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:1609-17. 2010..Several randomized controlled trials (RCTs) have compared the effect of phytoestrogens (PEs) vs. placebos on bone density after menopause, with inconsistent results...
- Temporal trends and determinants of peripartum hysterectomy in Lombardy, Northern Italy, 1996-2010Fabio Parazzini
Dipartimento Materno Infantile, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Commenda 12, 20122 Milan, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 287:223-8. 2013..To analyze the temporal trends of peripartum hysterectomy (PH) in the period 1996-2010 in Lombardy, Italy...
- Pre-pregnancy body mass index, maternal weight gain during pregnancy and risk of small-for-gestational age birth: results from a case-control study in ItalyElena Ricci
I Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica, IRCCS Fondazione Policlinico Mangiagalli Regina Elena, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:501-5. 2010..To analyze the association between body mass index (BMI), gestational weight gain (GWG), and risk of small for gestational age (SGA) birth...
- Temporal trends in adolescent pregnancies in Lombardy, Italy: 1996-2010Fabio Parazzini
Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento Materno Infantile, Milan, Italy
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 18:88-94. 2013..Data from southern European countries concerning teenage pregnancy have not been properly analysed so far. We provide the temporal trend of adolescent pregnancy rates in Lombardy, Northern Italy...
- Temporal trend in the frequency of ectopic pregnancies in Lombardy, ItalyFabio Parazzini
Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda, Dipartimento Materno Infantile, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Gynecol Obstet Invest 75:210-4. 2013..In recent years, epidemiological data showed that the incidence of ectopic pregnancies (EP) is decreasing, but few data are available on the time trend in Southern European populations...
- The cost of HIV disease in Northern Italy: the payer's perspectiveGiuliano Rizzardini
First Infectious Diseases Department, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:211-7. 2011..Healthcare expenditures incurred by the Health Service for HIV-infected patients have not been reported in Italy...
- Exposure to video display terminals and risk of small-for-gestational-age birthFabio Parazzini
Universita di Milano, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Il Clinica Ostetrica Ginecologica, Mangiagalli, Regina Elena, Milano, Italy
J Environ Health 72:24-7. 2010..For higher usage (more than 20 hours per week), the OR was 1.2 (95% CI: [Confidence Interval] 0.9-1.7). The authors conclude that this study does not show any association between VDT use and risk of SGA birth...
- Temporal trends in the frequency of hydatidiform mole in lombardy, northern Italy, 1996-2008Fabio Parazzini
Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Dipartimento Materno Infantile, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 22:318-22. 2012..To analyze temporal trends of hospital admissions due to molar pregnancies in Italian and non-Italian women in Lombardy during the 1996-2008 period...
- Homocysteine, red cell, and plasma folate concentrations and birth weight in Italian women: results from a prospective studyFabio Parazzini
Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda, Ospedale Maggiore, Policlinico, Milano, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:427-31. 2011..A prospective cohort study conducted in Italy on homocysteine and red cell folate levels in pregnancy and pregnancy outcome...
- Clear cell and papillary serous endometrial carcinomas: survival in a series of 128 casesGiovanna Scarfone
Obstetric and Gynecological Department, RCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Mangiagalli Regina Elena Milano, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 287:351-6. 2013..Clear cell (CC) and papillary serous carcinoma (PS) are histotypes at high risk of recurrence. We analyse patients' survival in a retrospective series of 128 CC and PS endometrial cancer cases...
- Probiotics reduce gut microbial translocation and improve adult atopic dermatitisEnrico Iemoli
Allergy and Clinical Immunology Unit, L Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:S33-40. 2012..It has been suggested that probiotics modulate atopic dermatitis (AD) progression, but no data are actually available on their mechanisms of action and on their ability to act as immunomodulators in this pathology...
- Secondary hyperparathyroidism in HIV patients: is there any responsibility of highly active antiretroviral therapy?Daria Pocaterra
Department of Infectious Diseases, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
AIDS 25:1430-3. 2011..This high prevalence (17.5%) was in part justified by the high prevalence of hypovitaminosis D (77.4%) in the whole sample, but we also identified an independent association with the use of tenofovir...