Genomes and Genes
M P Rastaldi
Affiliation: Renal Immunopathology Center
- Patterns of nephrin and a new proteinuria-associated protein expression in human renal diseasesShi Xuan Wang
Department of Bacteriology and Immunology, Haartman Institute and University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Kidney Int 61:141-7. 2002..The recently reported protein nephrin, encoded by the NPHS1 gene, appears to be crucial for the integrity of the glomerular filtration barrier...
- Glomerular monocyte-macrophage features in ANCA-positive renal vasculitis and cryoglobulinemic nephritisM P Rastaldi
Renal Immunopathology Center, San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:2036-43. 2000..Moreover, acute activation and cytokine production seem to be present in a greater number of macrophages in ANCA + RV, giving this disease a stronger severity that could be taken into account for therapeutic strategies...
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition of tubular epithelial cells in human renal biopsiesMaria P Rastaldi
Renal Research Association, Renal Immunopathology Centre, San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Via Pio II, 3, 20153 Milan, Italy
Kidney Int 62:137-46. 2002..According to this theory, they should proceed through several activating steps, such as proliferation and phenotype changes, to eventually synthesize extracellular matrix (ECM)...
- Glomerular podocytes possess the synaptic vesicle molecule Rab3A and its specific effector rabphilin-3aMaria Pia Rastaldi
Renal Immunopathology Laboratory, Associazione Nuova Nefrologia, c o San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Via Pio II, 20153 Milan, Italy
Am J Pathol 163:889-99. 2003..The altered expression observed in mouse and human proteinuric diseases suggests a possible role for these molecules in glomerulopathies...
- Idiopathic IgA nephropathy with segmental necrotizing lesions of the capillary wallG D'Amico
Division of Nephrology, San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Kidney Int 59:682-92. 2001....
- Histopathological atlas of renal diseases: anti-glomerular basement membrane antibody diseaseF Ferrario
Renal Immunopathology Center, S Carlo Borromeo Hospital and Nuova Nefrologia Research Association, Milan Italy
J Nephrol 18:351-3. 2005..By light microscopy several histological patterns can be observed...
- Glomerular clusterin is associated with PKC-alpha/beta regulation and good outcome of membranous glomerulonephritis in humansM P Rastaldi
Renal Immunopathology Laboratory, Fondazione D Amico per la Ricerca sulle Malattie Renali, Nuova Nefrologia Research Association, c o San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Kidney Int 70:477-85. 2006..Binding of clusterin to the LDL-R might offer an interpretative key for the pathogenesis of MGN in humans...
- Interstitial vascular rarefaction and reduced VEGF-A expression in human diabetic nephropathyMaja T Lindenmeyer
Nephrologisches Zentrum, Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Munich, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1765-76. 2007..These findings and the questions about rodent models in DN raise a note of caution regarding the proposal to inhibit VEGF-A to prevent progression of DN...
- Induction of TRPC6 channel in acquired forms of proteinuric kidney diseaseClemens C Möller
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, MGH East, 149 13th Street, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:29-36. 2007..These studies suggest the involvement of TRPC6 in the pathology of nongenetic forms of proteinuric disease...
- Podocyte-specific deletion of integrin-linked kinase results in severe glomerular basement membrane alterations and progressive glomerulosclerosisChiraz El-Aouni
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 1570 MSRB II, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0676, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1334-44. 2006....
- CD20-positive infiltrates in human membranous glomerulonephritisClemens D Cohen
Medizinische Poliklinik, Nephrologisches Zentrum, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Nephrol 18:328-33. 2005....
- Sam68-like mammalian protein 2, identified by digital differential display as expressed by podocytes, is induced in proteinuria and involved in splice site selection of vascular endothelial growth factorClemens D Cohen
Medizinische Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, Munich, 80336, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:1958-65. 2005..SLM-2-dependent VEGF splicing indicates the importance of mRNA splice site selection for glomerular filtration barrier function...
- Proteinuria and hyperglycemia induce endoplasmic reticulum stressMaja T Lindenmeyer
Nephrology Center, Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:2225-36. 2008..Although this may protect the cells from ER stress, persistence of hyperglycemia and proteinuria may eventually lead to apoptosis...