Affiliation: Regina Elena Cancer Institute
- Liver transplantation in HIV-positive patientsG Vennarecci
Department of Surgical Oncology and Liver Transplantation, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:1936-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of liver transplantation (OLT) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfected patients in Italy...
- First-line liver resection and salvage liver transplantation are increasing therapeutic strategies for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and child a cirrhosisG Vennarecci
Division of Surgical Oncology and Liver Transplantation, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:1857-60. 2007..The present study focused on nine patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) associated with Child A liver cirrhosis undergoing first-line liver resection and salvage liver transplantation (SLT) for liver tumor recurrence...
- Cetuximab plus chronomodulated irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin and oxaliplatin as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal liver metastases: POCHER trialC Garufi
Department of Medical Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Br J Cancer 103:1542-7. 2010....
- Resection and transplantation: evaluation of surgical perspectives in HIV positive patients affected by end-stage liver diseaseG M Ettorre
Department of Digestive Surgery and Liver Transplantation, IRCCS Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:167-9. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the opportunity of surgical treatment in terms of liver resection or liver transplantation in HIV positive patients affected by an end stage liver disease that referred to our liver unit...
- Malignant insulinoma presenting as metastatic liver tumor. Case report and review of the literatureR Baldelli
Endocrinology Service, IRCCS Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 26:603-7. 2007..A trans-arterial chemioembolization was planned but the patient died for pancreatic and cardiovascular complications before this treatment started...
- Modified liver hanging maneuver during orthotopic liver transplantation with inferior vena cava preservation: results after 120 consecutive applicationsG M Ettorre
Department of Digestive Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:1881-2. 2007..5%). No major complications were observed (bleeding during tunnel creation, graft outflow dysfunction, etc) except in one patient with acute Budd-Chiari, who successfully underwent retransplantation...
- Fatal sclerosing peritonitis associated with primary effusion lymphoma after liver transplantation: a case reportA Testa
Department of Infectious Diseases, I Division, INMI IRCCS L Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 42:3849-53. 2010....
- Incidence and timing of infections after liver transplant in ItalyP Piselli
INMI L Spallanzani IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:1950-2. 2007..This study sought to estimate the incidence of infections and their main determinants in liver transplant recipients in the first year after transplantation...
- Personal experience on treatment of colorectal liver metastases: a multidisciplinary approachR Mancini
Colorectal Cancer Project, Department of Surgery, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:213-7. 2003..The only chance of curative treatment is surgical resection. Aim of this study was to evaluate recurrence and survival in the multimodal approach of colorectal liver metastases patients...
- [Acute liver toxicity of antiretroviral therapy (HAART) after liver transplantation in a patient with HIV-HCV coinfection and associated hepatocarcinoma (HCC)]G Vennarecci
Dipartimento di Chirurgia Oncologica e del Trapianto di Fegato, Universita di Tor Vergata, Roma
Tumori 89:159-61. 2003..Although a pre-OLT withdrawal of HAART seems unjustified a delayed re-introduction of HAART or the use of less hepatotoxic drugs may be advisable...
- [The modified "hanging maneuver" during orthotopic liver transplantation using a technique for conserving the inferior vena cava]G M Ettorre
Divisione di Chirurgia Digestiva e Trapianti, Istituto Regina Elena, Roma
Tumori 89:63-5. 2003..It allows, moreover, an increase of venous surface available for the anastomosis that results wider and easier to perform. This provides a large outflow anastomotic cloaca and prevents outflow problems of the graft...
- [Isolated resection of the caudate lobe in metastasis of colorectal cancer]M T Lonardo
Chirurgia Digestiva e Trapianti, Istituto Regina Elena, IFO, Roma
Suppl Tumori 4:S39-40. 2005..We report our experience with 1 case of isolate colo-rectal metastasis confined to the caudate lobe and describe the surgical technique employed...
- [Trauma of the liver and hepatic pedicle]C Cataldi
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale, Ospedale G B Grassi, ASL RM D, Roma, Italy
Minerva Chir 58:615-20. 2003..Three cases of associated liver and hepatic pedicle injuries treated in our unit are reported...
- [Intestinal transplantation in the rat. Surgical technique]A Sommariva
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Universita degli Studi, Padova, Italy
Minerva Chir 57:531-6. 2002..The technique of rat small bowel transplant in the rat is presented and illustrated by a very didactic and explicable series of images...
- Apoptosis and rejection in rat intestinal transplantation: correlation with FK506 doses and donor specific bone marrow infusionsG Vennarecci
University of Miami School of Medicine, Liver and GI Transplant Program, Division of Transplantation, Highland Professional Building, 1801 NW 9th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Transplantation 71:1718-24. 2001..Determination of apoptosis in allografts might represent an early sign of small bowel rejection and a useful marker in defining the degree of rejection and its outcome/prognosis...