Affiliation: Regina Elena Cancer Institute
- Comprehensive analysis of the major lipid classes in sebum by rapid resolution high-performance liquid chromatography and electrospray mass spectrometryEmanuela Camera
Laboratorio di Fisiopatologia Cutanea e Centro Integrato di Metabolomica, Istituto Dermatologico San Gallicano IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Lipid Res 51:3377-88. 2010..In summary, this method provided the first characterization of the features and distribution of intact components of the sebum lipidome...
- Astaxanthin, canthaxanthin and beta-carotene differently affect UVA-induced oxidative damage and expression of oxidative stress-responsive enzymesEmanuela Camera
Laboratorio di Fisiopatologia Cutanea, Istituto Dermatologico San Gallicano IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Exp Dermatol 18:222-31. 2009..The photostability of the three compounds in fibroblasts was AX > CX >> betaC. The data indicate that the oxo-carotenoid AX has a superior preventive effect towards photo-oxidative changes in cell culture...
- UVA-induced modification of catalase charge properties in the epidermis is correlated with the skin phototypeVittoria Maresca
San Gallicano Dermatological Institute IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 126:182-90. 2006..These results demonstrate that pheomelanin could act as a photosensitizing agent, following UVA irradiation, inducing charge modifications of native catalase, by a mechanism involving singlet oxygen or its downstream products...
- Linking αMSH with PPARγ in B16-F10 melanomaVittoria Maresca
Laboratory of Cutaneous Physiopathology and Integrated Centre of Metabolomics Research, San Gallicano Dermatological Institute IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:113-27. 2013..The α-MSH effect on PPAR-γ was independent of animal species and was not correlated with the physio-pathological status...
- Azelaic acid reduced senescence-like phenotype in photo-irradiated human dermal fibroblasts: possible implication of PPARγStefania Briganti
Cutaneous Physiopatology Laboratory, San Gallicano Dermatology Institute, Rome, Italy
Exp Dermatol 22:41-7. 2013..All together these data showed that AzA interferes with PUVA-induced senescence-like phenotype and its ability to activate PPAR-γ provides relevant insights into the anti-senescence mechanism...
- Alterations of mitochondria in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of vitiligo patientsSandra Urbanelli
Laboratorio di Fisiopatologia Cutanea, Istituto Dermatologico San Gallicano (IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Pigment Cell Res 16:553-9. 2003..Overall, these data provide further evidence for an altered mitochondrial functionality in vitiligo patients...
- Azelaic acid modulates the inflammatory response in normal human keratinocytes through PPARgamma activationArianna Mastrofrancesco
Laboratorio di Fisiopatologia Cutanea e Centro Integrato di Metabolomica, San Gallicano Dermatologic Institute IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Exp Dermatol 19:813-20. 2010..Our study provides new insights into the molecular mechanisms of the activity of azelaic acid and lands additional evidences for its therapeutic effects on inflammatory skin diseases, such as rosacea...
- Analytical methods to investigate glutathione and related compounds in biological and pathological processesEmanuela Camera
Laboratorio di Fisiopatologia Cutanea dell Istituto Dermatologico San Gallicano IRCCS, Via San Gallicano 25 A, I 00153 Rome, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 781:181-206. 2002....
- Separation of tocopherols by nano-liquid chromatographySalvatore Fanali
Istituto di Metodologie Chimiche, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, P O Box 10, Area della Ricerca di Roma, Via Salaria Km 29, 300, 00016 Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:331-7. 2004..The optimized method was applied to extracts of serum and pharmaceutical preparation containing alpha-TOH and alpha-TOH-Ac...
- Chemical and instrumental approaches to treat hyperpigmentationStefania Briganti
San Gallicano Dermatological Institute, Via Elio Chianesi, Rome, Italy
Pigment Cell Res 16:101-10. 2003....
- Separation of delta-, gamma- and alpha-tocopherols by CECSalvatore Fanali
Istituto di Cromatografia del C.N.R, Area della Ricerca di Roma, Via Salaria Km 29, 300-C.P, P.O. Box 10, Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 29:973-9. 2002..The optimized method was applied to the qualitative analysis of vitamin E (alpha-TOH) present in a human serum extract...