- Adjuvant chemotherapy in completely resected gastric cancer: a randomized phase III trial conducted by GOIRCFrancesco Di Costanzo
Unit of Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Viale Pieraccini 17, 50139 Florence, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:388-98. 2008..Complete surgical resection of gastric cancer is potentially curative, but long-term survival is poor...
- Gemcitabine with or without continuous infusion 5-FU in advanced pancreatic cancer: a randomised phase II trial of the Italian oncology group for clinical research (GOIRC)F Di Costanzo
U O di Oncologia Medica, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Via Pieraccini 17, Florence, Italy
Br J Cancer 93:185-9. 2005..The median overall survival (OS) was 31 weeks (range 1-101 weeks) and 30 weeks (1-101 weeks). Toxicity was mild in both arms. This study does not show promising activity in terms of RR, PFS and OS for the double combination arm in APC...
- High activity and reduced neurotoxicity of bi-fractionated oxaliplatin plus 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin for elderly patients with advanced colorectal cancerR Mattioli
S Croce Hospital, Medical Oncology Unit, Fano
Ann Oncol 16:1147-51. 2005..The proportion of elderly within the general population is increasing and the incidence of colorectal cancer increases with age. Oxaliplatin and 5-fluorouracil (FU) combination is active in this disease...
- Multicentre phase II study of bifractionated CPT-11 with bimonthly leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer pretreated with FOLFOXF Recchia
Unita Operativa di Oncologia, Ospedale Civile di Avezzano, Italy
Br J Cancer 91:1442-6. 2004..The bifractionated bimonthly schedule of CPT-11 plus 5-FU/LV showed substantial antitumour activity and was well tolerated in this group of patients with a poor prognosis, pretreated with the FOLFOX regimen...
- Multicenter phase II study of CPT-11 fractionated over two days with bimonthly leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerF Recchia
Unita operative di Oncologia, Ospedale Civile di Avezzano, Fondazione Carlo Ferri, Monterotondo, Roma, Italy
Anticancer Res 23:2903-8. 2003....
- Multicenter phase II study of fractionated bimonthly oxaliplatin with leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, pre-treated with chemotherapyF Recchia
Unita operative di Oncologia, Ospedale Civile di Avezzano, Universita degli studi de L Aquila, Italy
Oncol Rep 10:65-9. 2003..The fractionated bimonthly schedule of L-OHP plus 5-FU-L, showed activity, with an acceptable toxicity profile, both in patients with MCC pre-treated with the 'de Gramont' regimen alone, or with this regimen associated with CPT-11...
- Primary chemotherapy in stage IV ovarian cancer. A prospective phase II studyF Recchia
Oncologic Unit, Avezzano, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:287-91. 2001..Nine pathological CRs were observed. CONCLUSION: Neoadjuvant treatment with CBDCA with either CTX and EPI or Taxol is feasible and shows activity in OC...
- Combined 5-fluorouracil infusion with fractionated epirubicin and cyclophosphamide in advanced breast cancerF Recchia
Divisione di Oncologia, Ospedale Civile, Avezzano, Italy
Am J Clin Oncol 24:392-6. 2001..7 months (range: 5.4--67.1+). Outpatient treatment with combined 5-FU c.i., epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide shows high activity in advanced breast cancer and gives prolonged remission with acceptable toxicity...
- Phase II study of epirubicin, mitomycin C, and 5-fluorouracil in hormone-refractory prostatic carcinomaF Recchia
Divisione di Oncologia, Ospedale Civile di Avezzano, Fondazione Ferri-C.R.O.F.I, Monterotonto, Rome, Italy
Am J Clin Oncol 24:232-6. 2001..Thus the combination of E, MMC, and 5-FU shows activity in the treatment of HRPC, giving substantial palliation of symptoms. In one patient, PSA values remained low even when the tumor had progressed...
- Advanced colorectal cancer in elderly patients: tolerance and efficacy of leucovorin and fluorouracil bolus plus continuous infusionR Mattioli
Medical Oncology Unit, S. Croce Hospital, I-61032 Fano, Italy
Anticancer Res 21:489-92. 2001..ADL and IADL indexes improved or remained stable in 82% of evaluable patients...
- 5-fluorouracil plus folinic acid with or without ifosfamide in advanced colorectal cancer: a phase II randomized trialA Sdrobolini
Department of Medicine and Medical Oncology, Santa Maria Hospital, Terni, Italy
Tumori 86:211-4. 2000..CONCLUSIONS: IFO does not increase the activity of the 5-FU plus FA combination in advanced colorectal cancer...
- Low dose interleukin-2 and 13-cis-retinoic acid as maintenance therapy in patients with solid tumors responsive to chemotherapyF Recchia
Unita Operativa di Oncologia, Ospedale Civile di Avezzano, Fondazione Carlo Ferri, Monterotondo, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:135-43. 2003..These data show that the administration of low-dose IL-2/RA determines, with a low toxicity, a sustained increase in the immunological parameters known to be prognostically relevant...