- Diagnosis, classification and treatment of partial-thickness rotator cuff tearsP Randelli
UO Ortopedia II, Policlinico San Donato, Milano
Chir Organi Mov 90:83-94. 2005..This paper analyses the literature in order to simplify the approach to treating partial-thickness rotator cuff tears...
- Randomization procedures in orthopaedic trialsPietro Randelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Milan, Italy
Arthroscopy 24:834-8. 2008..Block randomization and stratification improve validity in trials with fewer patients. Commercially available computer software facilitates randomization...
- Prophylactic use of antibiotic-loaded bone cement in primary total knee replacementPietro Randelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Policlinico San Donato IRCCS, Via Morandi 30, San Donato Milanese, 20097, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:181-6. 2010..Antibiotic bone cement prophylaxis is a safe and effective strategy in reducing the risk of deep infection following primary total joint arthroplasty...
- Quantification of active ROM after arthroscopic Bankart repair with rotator interval closurePietro Randelli
Department of Medical Surgical Sciences, University of Milan, Policlinico San Donato, Italy
Orthopedics 32:408. 2009..4% and 85.7% of patients had excellent or good results. Arthroscopic Bankart repair with rotator interval closure results in a reduction of external rotation and provides satisfactory stability results...
- Platelet rich plasma in arthroscopic rotator cuff repair: a prospective RCT study, 2-year follow-upPietro Randelli
Department of Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, University of Milano, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Milano, Italy
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:518-28. 2011..Study design: Prospective, randomized, controlled, double blind study; considering an alpha level of 5%, a power of 80%, 22 patients for group are needed...
- Infectious and thromboembolic complications of arthroscopic shoulder surgeryPietro Randelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, San Donato Milanese, Milano, Italy
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 19:97-101. 2010..This study investigates the rate of infectious and thromboembolic complications in shoulder arthroscopy and their association with pharmacologic prophylaxis...
- Management of knee injuries: consensus-based indications from a large community of orthopaedic surgeonsFederico Cabitza
Dipartimento di Informatica, Sistemistica e Comunicazione Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Viale Sarca 336, 20126, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 21:708-19. 2013..To describe preferences and to quantify the amount of agreement among orthopaedic surgeons regarding treatment options for four clinical scenarios of knee pathologies...
- The CARE technique: arthroscopic CoracoAcromial ligament RE-attachmentPaolo Arrigoni
Dipartimento di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Musculoskelet Surg 94:S65-9. 2010..This technique allows the re-attachment of the inferior fibers to the intact portion of the ligament and re-establishes mechanical continuity of the coracohumeral arc...
- Double-needle ultrasound-guided percutaneous treatment of rotator cuff calcific tendinitis: tips & tricksLuca Maria Sconfienza
Servizio di Radiologia, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi 30 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milano, Italy
Skeletal Radiol 42:19-24. 2013..In the present article, we review some tips and tricks that may be useful to improve performance of an ultrasound-guided double-needle procedure...
- Unicameral bone cyst of the humeral head: arthroscopic curettage and bone graftingPietro Randelli
Universita degli Studi di Milano, IRCCS Policlinico di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche Via Morandi 30, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy
Orthopedics 32:54. 2009..We believe that the knowledge of the juxta-articular anatomy allows the applications of scope-assisted procedures to be expanded, maximizing the results of a technique that allows a shorter recovery and less painful rehabilitation...
- Distally based sural fasciomusculocutaneous flap for treatment of wounds of the distal third of the leg and ankle with exposed internal hardwareLuca Vaienti
Dipartimento di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Piazza Malan, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 13:35-9. 2012..This flap fits best to the morphology of the wound and internal hardware, leaving the main vascular trunk of the leg intact and at the same time providing a reliable vascular supply...
- Release of growth factors after arthroscopic acromioplastyPietro Randelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi 30, San Donato Milanese 20097, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:98-101. 2009..02), and bFGF (p < 0.0001) were significantly higher in the fluid from the subacromial space than in the blood sample. There are high concentrations of several growth factors in the subacromial space after acromioplasty...
- Intra-articular loose body removal during hip arthroscopyFilippo Randelli
Policlinico San Donato, San Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy
Orthopedics 33:476. 2010..No patients reported paraesthesia, nerve palsy, or other postoperative complications. This technique allows for retrieval of a greater amount of loose bodies in a short time, reducing the possibility of undesirable complications...
- Isolation and characterization of 2 new human rotator cuff and long head of biceps tendon cells possessing stem cell-like self-renewal and multipotential differentiation capacityPietro Randelli
IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, piazza Malan 1, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milano, Italy
Am J Sports Med 41:1653-64. 2013..In particular, resident, tissue-specific, adult stem cells seem to have a higher regenerative potential for the tissue where they reside...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee after medial unicompartmental arthroplastyAlberto Aliprandi
Radiology Unit, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi 30, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy
Eur J Radiol 80:e416-21. 2011..We evaluated safety and potential diagnostic value of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging of the knee treated with medial unicompartmental arthroplasty (MUA)...
- Plasma and drainage fluid levels of soluble receptor activator of nuclear factor-kB (sRANK), soluble receptor activator of nuclear factor-kB ligand (sRANKL) and osteoprotegerin (OPG) during proximal humerus fracture healingAlessandra Colombini
I R C C S Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milano, Italy
Int Orthop 35:777-82. 2011..Since there are no published data about sRANK involvement in fracture healing, our study represents the first preliminary indication about a local increase of this marker concentration immediately after surgery...
- Segmental cement extraction system (SEG-CES) and the Ilizarov method in limb salvage procedure after total knee cemented prosthesis removal in a former osteosarcoma patientGiulia Ottaviani
Institute of Pathology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 13:557-63. 2005..The successful prosthesis removal performed in this patient allowed us to perform an external fixation with bone lengthening and reconstruction by the Ilizarov method...