- Molecular imaging of neuroblastoma progression in TH-MYCN transgenic miceCarmelo Quarta
Department of Nuclear Medicine, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Mol Imaging Biol 15:194-202. 2013..The aim of our study was to assess the potential of small animal positron emission tomography (SA-PET) to study neuroblastoma progression in TH-MYCN mice...
- Usefulness of 11C-choline positron emission tomography for genital chlamydial infection assessment in a BALB/c murine modelAntonella Marangoni
Microbiology, DIMES Department, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti, 9, 40138, Bologna, Italy
Mol Imaging Biol 15:450-5. 2013..The aim of this study is to explore the feasibility of 11C-Choline PET in the assessment of the degree of inflammation in the Chlamydia muridarum genital infection model...
- Role of sex hormones in modulation of brown adipose tissue activityCarmelo Quarta
Endocrinology Unit and Centro di Ricerca Biomedica Applicata, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Mol Endocrinol 49:R1-7. 2012..These findings make it plausible that a modified interaction between BAT and sex hormones may contribute to the development and the maintenance of obesity and associated metabolic complications...
- Small animal PET for the evaluation of an animal model of genital infectionCristina Nanni
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 29:187-92. 2009..Since the 1970s, Gallium scintigraphy is a well established test that has been used for the evaluation of inflammation and infection in human patients...
- Preclinical evaluation of KIT/PDGFRA and mTOR inhibitors in gastrointestinal stromal tumors using small animal FDG PETMaria Abbondanza Pantaleo
Department of Hematology and Oncology Sciences L A Seragnoli, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:173. 2010..We report a preclinical study on drug combinations in a xenograft model of GIST in which effects on tumor dimensions and metabolic activity were assessed by small animal PET imaging...
- Energy balance regulation by endocannabinoids at central and peripheral levelsCarmelo Quarta
Endocrinology Unit and Centro di Ricerca Biomedica Applicata, Department of Clinical Medicine, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Alma Mater University of Bologna, Bologna 40138, Italy
Trends Mol Med 17:518-26. 2011..This review summarizes the emerging roles of the ECS in energy balance and discusses future pharmacological approaches for developing peripherally restricted CB1r antagonists...
- Multiple sleep alterations in mice lacking cannabinoid type 1 receptorsAlessandro Silvani
PRISM lab, Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e89432. 2014..The occurrence of multiple sleep alterations in KO indicates important roles of CB1 cannabinoid receptors in limiting arousal during the active period of the day, in sleep regulation, and in sleep EEG in mice. ..
- Small animal PET in oncology: the road from bench to bedsideValentina Ambrosini
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 24:277-85. 2009..This review focuses on the applications of SA-PET for the visualization of the pathophysiologic pathways of tumor cells...
- CB(1) signaling in forebrain and sympathetic neurons is a key determinant of endocannabinoid actions on energy balanceCarmelo Quarta
Endocrinology Unit and Centro di Ricerca Biomedica Applicata, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bologna, Bologna 40138, Italy
Cell Metab 11:273-85. 2010..In conclusion, CB(1) signaling in the forebrain and sympathetic neurons is a key determinant of the ECS control of energy balance...