- Caesarean delivery in South Italy: women without choice. A cross sectional surveyPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e43906. 2012..We performed a stratified analysis in order to verify whether the effect of such correlates differed among women with an "a priori" preference for natural and caesarean delivery respectively...
- Rotating shift-work as an independent risk factor for overweight Italian workers: a cross-sectional studyPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science and Public Health, School of Medicine Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e63289. 2013..A job-related factor is attracting a growing interest as a possible determinant of body weight gain in shift-workers...
- Occurrence of neural tube defects in pregnancy: an excess of cases in a 2773-km2 area in Central ItalyEmilia Prospero
School of Medicine, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Piazza Roma 2 60100, Ancona, Italy
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:981-3. 2008..The prompt gathering of data may be essential. Thus, we emphasize the need for the activation of a population-based congenital malformation registry in order to achieve a deeper understanding of these events etiology...
- Improvement of the ventilator associated pneumonia rate with infection control practices in an Italian ICUE Prospero
Department of Infectious Disease and Public Health, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 74:537-41. 2008..To assess the impact of an intervention to improve respiratory infection control practices and reduce the ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP) rate in an intensive care unit, at the request of the ICU staff...
- Surgical site infections: might a longer locally defined T time affect the benchmarking?Emilia Prospero
Infectious Disease and Public Health Institute, Chair of Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Am J Infect Control 35:582-4. 2007..The aims of this article were to compare locally defined cut-points with the NNIS System T times, and to evaluate the effectiveness of different cut-points in identifying procedures at high risk for infection...
- Surveillance for surgical site infection after hospital discharge: a surgical procedure-specific perspectiveE Prospero
Department Infectious Disease and Public Health, Universita Politecnica Marche, Ancona, Italy
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:1313-7. 2006....
- Cluster of Pseudomonas aeruginosa catheter-related bloodstream infections traced to contaminated multidose heparinized saline solutions in a medical wardEmilia Prospero
Hygiene, School of Medicine, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Piazza Roma 2, 60100 Ancona, Italy
Int J Hyg Environ Health 209:553-6. 2006..As these pathogens cannot be eradicated from the hospital environment, constant infection control measures are needed in order to prevent nosocomial infections...
- Group B Streptococcal sepsis: an old or ongoing threat?Pamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science, Section of Hygiene, Polytechnic University of the Marches, Ancona, Italy
Am J Infect Control 39:e45-8. 2011..In late-onset disease (LOD), pathogens may also come from nosocomial sources. We report 3 cases of GBS infection in very low birth weight infants hospitalized by a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in Italy...
- Socio-economic determinants and self-reported depressive symptoms during postpartum periodPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science, Polytechnic University of the Marches, Ancona, Italy
Women Health 52:352-68. 2012..The authors' study highlighted variables associated with baby blues and postpartum depression to target screening for women for postpartum depressive symptoms...
- Active training and surveillance: 2 good friends to reduce urinary catheterization rateAnna Marigliano
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Torrette di Ancona, Italy
Am J Infect Control 40:692-5. 2012..Because catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI) represent the most frequent health care-associated infection (HAI), we implemented an educational intervention on urinary catheter use to reduce the CAUTI rate...
- Human visceral leishmaniasis: a picture from ItalyGiuma Harun Abdalmaula
Section of Hygiene, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia Università Politecnica delle Marche, Piazza Roma 2, 60100 Ancona, Italy
J Infect Public Health 6:465-72. 2013..Easy case detection would allow for timely public health actions and strategies for the implementation of more effective interventions for reservoir control...
- Determinants of influenza vaccination among the adult and older Italian population with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a secondary analysis of the multipurpose ISTAT survey on health and health care useCarlos Chiatti
Italian National Institute of Health and Science on Aging, Ancona, Italy
Hum Vaccin 7:1021-5. 2011....
- Fish oil supplementation reduces cortisol basal levels and perceived stress: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial in abstinent alcoholicsPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science and Public Health, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Mol Nutr Food Res 57:1110-4. 2013....
- Measles among healthcare workers in a teaching hospital in central ItalyPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science and Public Health, Section of Hygiene, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
J Occup Health 54:336-9. 2012....
- Influenza vaccine uptake among community-dwelling Italian elderly: results from a large cross-sectional studyCarlos Chiatti
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Hygiene and Public Health, Polytechnic University of the Marche Region, Via Tronto, 10 a Torrette di Ancona 60020, Italy
BMC Public Health 11:207. 2011..Among the determinants of vaccine uptake in older age, a growing literature suggests that social relations can play a major role...
- Surveillance of acute flaccid paralysis in the Marches region (Italy): 1997-2007Marcello M D'Errico
Institute of Infectious Diseases and Public Health, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 8:135. 2008..The aim of this study was to describe and to evaluate 11 years of active surveillance in the Marches (Italy) in terms of: incidence, aetiology and clinical manifestation of AFP cases...
- Improving the delivery of flu vaccine for the older people in times of economic recession: What social epidemiology tells us, and what else we need to knowCarlos Chiatti
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Hygiene and Public Health, Polytechnic University of the Marche Region Ancona, Italy
Hum Vaccin 7:986-8. 2011....
- The effects of educational intervention on nutritional behaviour in alcohol-dependent patientsPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science, Section of Hygiene, Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Alcohol Alcohol 46:77-9. 2011..To evaluate the nutritional status and the impact of an educational intervention on nutritional behaviour in alcohol-dependent patients...
- Gestational age as a single predictor of health care-associated bloodstream infections in neonatal intensive care unit patientsPamela Barbadoro
Department of Biomedical Science, Section of Hygiene, Polytechnic University of the Marches, Via Tronto 10 A, Ancona, Italy
Am J Infect Control 39:159-62. 2011..Our findings suggest the potential role of gestational age as a simple classification criteria for identifying patients at risk for BSI...
- [Report on the incidence of accidents and occupational diseases in the sector of waste disposal]L Santarelli
Medicina del Lavoro, Dipartimento di Patologia Molecolare e Terapie Innovative, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:894-7. 2007..While new researches are needed in order to clarify these emerging issues, education could be the key to assure the waste workers health safety...
- [International review of health educational programs for nutrition in the elderly]A L Ferrante
Cattedra di Igiene, CIESS, Universita Politecnica delle Marche
Ann Ig 17:139-44. 2005..Proper educational intervention should be implemented, but socio-cultural characteristics of the target population should be taken into account...
- Microbial aerosol contamination of dental healthcare workers' faces and other surfaces in dental practiceEmilia Prospero
Chair of Hygiene, University of Ancona, Italy
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 24:139-41. 2003..Oral fluids become aerosolized during dentistry and oral microbes have been used as the markers of their spread that may carry blood-borne pathogens...
- Improvement of knowledge, attitude, and behavior about oral health in a population of alcohol addicted personsPamela Barbadoro
Infectious Diseases and Public Health Institute, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Tronto 10 A 60100 Ancona, Italy
Alcohol Alcohol 43:347-50. 2008..To improve knowledge, attitude, and behavior about oral health and oral cancer prevention in a population of alcohol-addicted persons involved in a residential rehabilitation program in Italy...
- Nurses' knowledge and skills for cancer prevention in an Italian hospitalGilda Pelusi
School of Nursing, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
J Nurs Scholarsh 39:338-41. 2007