- Ghrelin levels are reduced in prepubertal epileptic children under treatment with carbamazepine or valproic acidFlavia Prodam
Department of Medical Science, Division of Pediatrics, University of Piemonte Orientale, A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Epilepsia 51:312-5. 2010..01). A derangement in ghrelin secretion in epilepsy during specific pharmacologic therapies and independent of weight gain could be hypothesized...
- Influence of age, gender, and glucose tolerance on fasting and fed acylated ghrelin in Prader Willi syndromeFlavia Prodam
Division of Paediatrics, Department of Medical Science, University of Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
Clin Nutr 28:94-9. 2009..The cause of this increase as well as the modulation of ghrelin secretion in fasting and feeding in relation to other metabolic parameters and glucose tolerance in PWS is largely unknown...
- Comparison of two classifications of metabolic syndrome in the pediatric population and the impact of cholesterolF Prodam
SCDU of Pediatrics, Department of Health Sciences, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Via Solaroli 17, 28100 Novara, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 36:466-73. 2013..To establish the rate of agreement in predicting metabolic syndrome (MS) in different pediatric classifications using percentiles or fixed cut-offs, as well as exploring the influence of cholesterol...
- High-end normal adrenocorticotropic hormone and cortisol levels are associated with specific cardiovascular risk factors in pediatric obesity: a cross-sectional studyFlavia Prodam
SCDU of Pediatrics, Department of Health Sciences, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Via Solaroli 17, Novara, 28100, Italy
BMC Med 11:44. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between morning adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and cortisol levels and cardiovascular risk factors in overweight or obese Caucasian children and adolescents...
- Functional SNPs within the intron 1 of the PROP1 gene contribute to combined growth hormone deficiency (CPHD)Michela Godi
Laboratory of Human Genetics, Department of Health Sciences, Eastern Piedmont University, 28100 Novara, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1791-7. 2012..Mutations within the PROP1 gene represent one of the main causes of familial combined pituitary hormone deficiency (CPHD). However, most of the cases are sporadic with an unknown genetic cause...
- Involvement of genes related to inflammation and cell cycle in idiopathic short statureLetizia Trovato
Division of Pediatrics, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Piemonte Orientale, 28100, Novara, Italy
Pituitary 16:83-90. 2013..In addition, we showed a pubertal modulation of CXCL9 levels. These data suggest that inflammatory and regulatory factors of the cell cycle may be involved in the ISS condition, introducing a new perspective to its etiology...
- Endocrine disorders in childhood and adolescence. Natural history of subclinical hypothyroidism in children and adolescents and potential effects of replacement therapy: a reviewAlice Monzani
Department of Health Sciences, Universita del Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 168:R1-R11. 2013....
- Subclinical hypothyroidism in children: natural history and when to treatGianni Bona
Department of Health Sciences, Universita del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 5:23-8. 2013....
- Isolated GHD: investigation and implication of JAK/STAT related genes before and after rhGH treatmentLetizia Trovato
Division of Pediatrics, Department of Medical Science, University A Avogadro of Piemonte Orientale, Via Solaroli 17, 28100 Novara, Italy
Pituitary 15:482-9. 2012..Mutational screening of GHR may be useful in investigating IGHD's etiology. Genes linked to inflammation suggest to evaluate cardiovascular risks also in pediatric IGHD subjects...
- A recurrent signal peptide mutation in the growth hormone releasing hormone receptor with defective translocation to the cell surface and isolated growth hormone deficiencyMichela Godi
Laboratory of Human Genetics, Department of Medical Sciences and Interdisciplinary Research Center of Autoimmune Diseases, University of Eastern Piedmont, 28100 Novara, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3939-47. 2009....
- Pituitary metastases from follicular thyroid carcinomaFlavia Prodam
Endocrinology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Thyroid 20:823-30. 2010..Here we describe a patient with pituitary metastasis from follicular thyroid carcinoma and discuss the unique features of these lesions...
- Acylated and unacylated ghrelin impair skeletal muscle atrophy in micePaolo E Porporato
Department of Translational Medicine, Interdisciplinary Research Center of Autoimmune Diseases IRCAD, and Biotechnology Center for Applied Medical Research BRMA, Università del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro Alessandria, Novara, Vercelli, Italy
J Clin Invest 123:611-22. 2013..These results demonstrate that AG and UnAG act on a common, unidentified receptor to block skeletal muscle atrophy in a GH-independent manner...