- Relationship among nutritional status, pro/antioxidant balance and cognitive performance in a group of free-living healthy elderlyM Rondanelli
Department of Applied Health Sciences, Section of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pavia, Personal Health Care Centre of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Med 98:639-45. 2007..The purpose of this project was to evaluate the link between nutritional status, cognitive performance and pro/antioxidant balance in healthy elderly subjects residing in a small metropolitan community...
- Long chain omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids supplementation in the treatment of elderly depression: effects on depressive symptoms, on phospholipids fatty acids profile and on health-related quality of lifeM Rondanelli
Department of Applied Health Sciences, Section of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine, Azienda di Servizi alla Persona di Pavia, University of Pavia Istituto di Cura Santa Margherita, Via Emilia 32, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Nutr Health Aging 15:37-44. 2011..To determine if a n-3 LCPUFA containing supplement improves depressive symptoms, changes phospholipids acids profile and ameliorates Health related quality of life (HRQoL) in depressed elderly patients...
- Effect of omega-3 fatty acids supplementation on depressive symptoms and on health-related quality of life in the treatment of elderly women with depression: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trialMariangela Rondanelli
Department of Applied Health Sciences, Section of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy or
J Am Coll Nutr 29:55-64. 2010..The authors investigated whether a supplement containing long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 LCPUFA) improves depressive symptoms and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in depressed elderly patients...
- Satiety and amino-acid profile in overweight women after a new treatment using a natural plant extract sublingual spray formulationM Rondanelli
Section of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine, Endocrinology and Nutrition Unit, Department of Applied Health Sciences, Azienda di Servizi alla Persona, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:1174-82. 2009..To test the effect on satiety of a formulation comprising plant extracts naturally containing 5-hydroxytryptophan, delivered as sublingual spray (5HTP-Nat Exts), administered five times a day for 2 months...
- [The biological activity of beta-glucans]M Rondanelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Sanitarie Applicate e Psicocomportamentali, Sezione di Scienza dell Alimentazione e Nutrizione Umana, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Servizio Endocrino Nutrizionale, Azienda di Servizi alla Persona di Pavia, Universita degli Studi di Pavia, Instituto di Cura Santa Margherita, Pavia, Italia
Minerva Med 100:237-45. 2009....
- Administration of a dietary supplement ( N-oleyl-phosphatidylethanolamine and epigallocatechin-3-gallate formula) enhances compliance with diet in healthy overweight subjects: a randomized controlled trialMariangela Rondanelli
Section of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Department of Applied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Br J Nutr 101:457-64. 2009..NOPE-EGCG treatment improved insulin resistance (P < 0.001), the sensation feelings of fullness (P < 0.05), depressive symptoms (P < 0.004) and severity of binge eating (P < 0.0001)...
- [Focus on folic acid benefits]M Rondanelli
Sezione di Scienza dell Alimentazione e Nutrizione Umana, Dipartimento di Scienze Sanitarie Applicate e Psicocomportamentali, Istituzioni Assistenziali Riunite di Pavia, Universita degli Studi di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 53:273-7. 2007..This focus highlights the importance of correct intake levels of folic acid, particularly in subjects at risk of vitamin B(9) deficiency...
- No effect of atypical antipsychotic drugs on weight gain and risk of developing type II diabetes or lipid abnormalities among nursing home elderly patients with Alzheimer's diseaseM Rondanelli
Azienda Servizi alla Persona, Istituzioni Assistenziali Riunite IIAARR, Santa Margherita Institute, Via Emilia 32, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Minerva Med 97:147-51. 2006..The objective of this study was to examine whether elderly patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) gain weight or develop disturbances in lipid and glucose metabolism while being treated with atypical antipsychotic drugs...
- Impact of the Hawthorne effect in a longitudinal clinical study: the case of anesthesiaD De Amici
Department of Epidemiology and Clinical Biometry Scientific Direction, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Control Clin Trials 21:103-14. 2000..The study has enabled us to demonstrate the presence of the Hawthorne effect in clinical research. Therefore, the Hawthorne effect should be acknowledged and accounted for in the design of a study and in the interpretation of results...
- Depression after lung transplantation: causes and treatmentP Fusar-Poli
Department of Applied and Psychobehavioural Health Sciences, University of Pavia, via Bassi 21, 27100, Pavia, Italy
Lung 185:55-65. 2007..Additional well-conducted randomized controlled trials are needed to clarify the epidemiologic course of depression following lung transplantation and to tailor effective pharmacologic or psychological interventions accordingly...
- Depression and quality of life in patients living 10 to 18 years beyond heart transplantationPaolo Fusar-Poli
DSSAeP, Sezione di Psichiatria, Università di Pavia and Servizio Psichiatrico di Diagnosi e Cura San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:2269-78. 2005..The purpose of this study was to advance current understanding of factors that influence long-term quality-of-life (QoL) outcomes after heart transplantation, by addressing the influence of depression on perceived health status...
- Determinants of quality of life in Marfan syndromePaolo Fusar-Poli
DSSAeP, Sezione di Psichiatria, Universita di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Psychosomatics 49:243-8. 2008..Marfan syndrome (MFS) is a rare, heritable disorder that affects connective tissue. Men and women are equally affected. Clinical manifestations involve multiple sites, especially bones and ligaments and heart and blood vessels...
- QT interval duration in apparently healthy men is associated with depression-related personality trait neuroticismPiercarlo Minoretti
Interdepartmental Center for Research in Molecular Medicine CIRMC, University of Pavia, Viale Taramelli, 24, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Psychosom Res 61:19-23. 2006..The question as to whether these depression-related personality domains are related to cardiac repolarization (duration of QT interval) in apparently healthy men has been addressed in this study...
- Getting old with a new heart: impact of age on depression and quality of life in long-term heart transplant recipientsValentina Martinelli
DSSAeP, Section of Psychiatry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:544-8. 2007..The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of age on depression and quality of life in a sample of long-term heart transplant recipients...
- Increased proapoptotic serum activity in patients with chronic mood disordersPierluigi Politi
Department of Applied Health and Behavioural Sciences, Section of Psychiatry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Arch Med Res 39:242-5. 2008..In this study, we sought to determine whether serum of patients with chronic mood disorders could directly induce apoptosis in human endothelial cells...
- Effect of long-term interactive music therapy on behavior profile and musical skills in young adults with severe autismMarianna Boso
Department of Health Sciences, Section of Psychiatry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Altern Complement Med 13:709-12. 2007..Data on the potential behavioral effects of music therapy in autism are scarce...
- Anti-depressive therapies after heart transplantationPaolo Fusar-Poli
Department of Applied and Psychobehavioural Sciences, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:785-93. 2006..To date, no review has explored the efficacy and safety of pharmacologic or psychologic interventions in this patient group...
- Behavioral effects of omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in young adults with severe autism: an open label studyPierluigi Politi
Department of Health Applied Sciences, Section of Psychiatry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Arch Med Res 39:682-5. 2008..However, data on the potential benefits of omega-3 supplements in young adults with severe autism are lacking. In the present study, we sought to explore this issue in an open label study...
- Increased plasma aldosterone in patients with clinical depressionEnzo Emanuele
Molecular Medicine Laboratory, University of Pavia, Italy
Arch Med Res 36:544-8. 2005..The present study was designed, therefore, to be a cross-sectional investigation of plasma renin and aldosterone levels in depressed patients as compared with healthy controls with no history of psychiatric illness...
- Ten years of "extended" life: quality of life among heart transplantation survivorsPierluigi Politi
DSSAeP, Sezione di Psichiatria, Università di Pavia and Servizio Psichiatrico di Diagnosi e Cura, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Transplantation 78:257-63. 2004..Long-term quality of life (QOL) outcome in heart transplant recipients still remains uncertain. This study evaluates the health status and QOL of survivors with associated predictors 10 years after heart transplantation...
- Italian translation, cultural adaptation and validation of KDQOL-SF, version 1.3, in patients with severe renal failureCatherine Klersy
Unit of Biometry and Clinical Epidemiology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Nephrol 20:43-51. 2007..This study aims to confirm the reliability and validity of the KDQOL-SF in its Italian version. Cultural adaptation of such an instrument to assess quality of life of patients with chronic kidney disease is a major challenge...