Affiliation: Politecnico di Milano
- Metal-bound halogen atoms in crystal engineeringPierangelo Metrangolo
Department of Chemistry, Materials, and Chemical Engineering Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via L Mancinelli 7, 20131 Milano, Italy
Chem Commun (Camb) 49:1783-5. 2013..which highlights the very rich supramolecular behaviour of halogen atoms. Their findings appear even more timely when viewed in light of the recently proposed IUPAC definition of the halogen bond...
- Hydrogen and halogen bonding drive the orthogonal self-assembly of an organic framework possessing 2D channelsJavier Martí-Rujas
Center for Nano Science and Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, via Pascoli 70 3, 20133 Milano, Italy
Chem Commun (Camb) 48:8207-9. 2012..The framework is able to host various guest molecules with a diverse set of steric demands and substitution patterns, and survives single-crystal-to-single-crystal guest exchanges from liquid and gas phases...
- Chemistry. Halogen versus hydrogenP Metrangolo
Department of Chemistry, Materials, and Chemical Engineering Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, 20131, Italy
Science 321:918-9. 2008
- Nonporous organic solids capable of dynamically resolving mixtures of diiodoperfluoroalkanesPierangelo Metrangolo
Laboratory of Nanostructured Fluorinated Materials, Department of Chemistry, Materials, and Chemical Engineering Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via L Mancinelli 7, 20131 Milan, Italy
Science 323:1461-4. 2009..Heating liberates the DIPFAs and regenerates the original salt lattice, highlighting the practical potential for the system in separation applications...
- 2-Iodo-imidazolium receptor binds oxoanions via charge-assisted halogen bondingMassimo Cametti
NFMLab Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via Mancinelli 7, I 20131, Milan, Italy
Org Biomol Chem 10:1329-33. 2012..Phosphate, in particular, binds to 1 with an association constant of ca. 10(3) M(-1), which is particularly high for a single X-bond. A remarkably short C-I···O(-) contact is observed in the structure of the salt 1·H(2)PO(4)(-)...
- Halogen bonding: a general route in anion recognition and coordinationGabriella Cavallo
NFMLab DCMIC G Natta Politecnico di Milano, 7, Via Mancinelli, I 20131 Milan, Italy
Chem Soc Rev 39:3772-83. 2010..The interaction allows for several other anions to self-assemble with halocarbons and mention is also given to the halogen bonding-based coordination of halides, polycyano- and polyoxometallates (72 references)...
- Dimensional encapsulation of I(-)...I(2)...I(-) in an organic salt crystal matrixAntonio Abate
NFMLab and D C M I C Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via L Mancinelli 7, 20131 Milan, Italy
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:2724-6. 2010..I-I...I(-), which matches in length to the chosen dication...
- The halogen-bonded adduct 1,4-bis(pyri-din-4-yl)buta-1,3-diyne-1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8-hexa-deca-fluoro-1,8-diiodo-octane (1/1)Gabriella Cavallo
NFMLab, Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering, G Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via Mancinelli, 7, I 20131 Milano, Italy
Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online 69:o328-9. 2013..The topology of the network is a nice example of the paradigm of the expansion of ditopic starting modules; the XB leads to the construction of infinite supramolecular chains along [2-11] formed by alternating XB donors and acceptors...
- Halogen-bonding-triggered supramolecular gel formationLorenzo Meazza
NFMLab DCMIC Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via L Mancinelli 7 IT 20131, Italy
Nat Chem 5:42-7. 2013..Using this concept, we have prepared a halogen bond donor bis(urea) gelator that forms co-gels with halogen bond acceptors...
- The fluorous effect in biomolecular applicationsMassimo Cametti
NFMLab DCMIC Giulio Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via Mancinelli 7, I 20131 Milan, Italy
Chem Soc Rev 41:31-42. 2012....