Affiliation: Politecnico di Torino
- Experimental observation of optical bandgaps for surface electromagnetic waves in a periodically corrugated one-dimensional silicon nitride photonic crystalEmiliano Descrovi
Laboratorio Materiali e Microsistemi chiLab, Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Opt Lett 33:243-5. 2008..The proper design of the structure allows the two folded branches to lie beyond the light line in a wide spectral range, thus doubling the density of modes available for SEWs and avoiding light scattering...
- Near-field imaging of Bloch surface waves on silicon nitride one-dimensional photonic crystalsEmiliano Descrovi
Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy
Opt Express 16:5453-64. 2008..Experimental evidence demonstrates that a approximately 10(2) near-field intensity enhancement can be realistically attained, thus confirming predictions from rigorous calculations...
- Resonant diffraction of symmetric and antisymmetric Bloch surface waves on a corrugated periodic multilayer slabEmiliano Descrovi
Materials and Microsystems Laboratory xLab, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Opt Lett 34:1973-5. 2009..The presented mechanism is particularly attractive in optical sensing schemes in which both a high surface sensitivity and high diffraction efficiencies are required...
- A fluorescent one-dimensional photonic crystal for label-free biosensing based on BLOCH surface wavesFrancesca Frascella
Dipartimento di Scienza Applicata e Tecnologia, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, Turin, Italy
Sensors (Basel) 13:2011-22. 2013..The proposed working principle is successfully demonstrated in real-time tracking of protein G covalent binding on the 1DPC surface within a fluidic cell...
- Focusing and extraction of light mediated by Bloch surface wavesAngelo Angelini
1 Department of Applied Science and Technology, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, Torino IT 10129, Italy 2 Nanofacility Piemonte, Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca Metrologica, Strada delle Cacce 91, Torino IT 10135, Italy
Sci Rep 4:5428. 2014..This mechanism overcomes some important limitations involved in the all-plasmonic approach, while opening new opportunities for hybrid devices in photon management applications such as optical sensing and lighting. ..
- A polymer-based functional pattern on one-dimensional photonic crystals for photon sorting of fluorescence radiationMirko Ballarini
Department of Applied Sciences and Technology, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy
Opt Express 20:6703-11. 2012..This working principle can be advantageously extended to a multi-step nanometric relief structure for self-referencing biosensing or frequency-multiplexed fluorescence detection...
- Leakage radiation interference microscopyEmiliano Descrovi
Dipartimento di Scienza Applicata e Tecnologia, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Opt Lett 38:3374-6. 2013..The surface mode propagation constant estimated after Fourier transformation of the measured complex field is well matched with an independent measurement based on back focal plane imaging. ..
- High resolution capabilities of all-silica cantilevered probes for near-field optical microscopyEmiliano Descrovi
Materials and Microsystems Laboratory xLab, Politecnico di Torino, C so Duca Degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 9:6460-4. 2009..This work further demonstrates that the use of completely transparent, metal-coated cantilevers greatly simplify the light injection into the probe and the fabrication process consequently...
- Experimental determination of the sensitivity of Bloch surface waves based sensorsFabrizio Giorgis
Materials and Microsystems Laboratory lamda Lab, Politecnico of Torino, C so Duca Degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy
Opt Express 18:8087-93. 2010..5mg/dL, corresponding to a minimum detectable refractive index variation of the water solution as low as 3.8.10(-6)...