- Comparison of positive end-expiratory pressure with reverse Trendelenburg position in morbidly obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery: effects on hemodynamics and pulmonary gas exchangeV Perilli
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Obes Surg 13:605-9. 2003..Anesthetized morbidly obese patients often exhibit impaired pulmonary gas exchanges, mostly because of a reduction in functional residual capacity. At present, several approaches are suggested to ventilate these patients...
- Low values of left ventricular ejection time in the post-anhepatic phase may be associated with occurrence of primary graft dysfunction after orthotopic liver transplantation: results of a single-centre case-control studyV Perilli
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, A Gemelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 16:1433-40. 2012....
- Volatile anesthesia in bariatric surgeryL Sollazzi
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Policlinico A. Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Obes Surg 11:623-6. 2001..1 +/- 0.4, p < 0.05). VAS values did not show statistical differences. CONCLUSION: The introduction of Sevoflurane, a volatile agent with rapid pharmacokinetic properties, seems to offer an interesting application in these patients...
- Stress-related biomarkers of dream recall and implicit memory under anaesthesiaP Aceto
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, A Gemelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Anaesthesia 68:1141-7. 2013..004) and lower cortisol (p = 0.03) concentrations compared with those without dream recall. The knowledge of this interaction might be useful in the quest to ensure postoperative amnesia...
- Suspect carbon dioxide embolism during retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomyL Sollazzi
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 15:1478-82. 2011..EtCO2 monitoring is essential during laparoscopy, as it may help an early detection of CO2 embolism, characterized by a transient and rapid increase in EtCO2, followed by an abrupt decrease...
- Bispectral index monitoring in sevoflurane and remifentanil anesthesia. Analysis of drugs management and immediate recoveryS Paventi
Istituto di Anestesia e Rianimazione, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 67:435-9. 2001..The aim of the study is to evaluate the management of drugs and to measure immediate recovery after anaesthesia with or without BIS monitoring...
- Update on post-traumatic stress syndrome after anesthesiaP Aceto
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:1730-7. 2013..These patients are at a risk for developing anxiety symptoms which may be transient or can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Balanced anestesia versus total intravenous anestesia for kidney transplantationC Modesti
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Policlinico A Gemelli, Catholic University of Sacred Hearth, Rome, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 72:627-35. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare 2 regimens of anesthesia for patients submitted to kidney transplantation...
- Effect of anesthesia in a patient with pre-existing anisocoriaP Aceto
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 15:211-3. 2011..The main contributing factor for accentuation of anisocoria could be sympathetic dominance in the pupil with pre-existing mechanical interruption in compensatory parasympathetic mechanisms...
- Molecular adsorbent recirculating system (Mars) in patients with primary nonfunction and other causes of graft dysfunction after liver transplantation in the era of extended criteria donor organsR Gaspari
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 41:253-8. 2009..Thus, MARS is a safe, therapeutic option for the treatment of liver dysfunction after OLT. Further studies are necessary to confirm whether this treatment is able to improve both graft and patient survival...
- Arterial PCO2 and cardiovascular function during endoscopic neck surgery with carbon dioxide insufflationR Bellantone
Division of Endopcrine Surgery, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Arch Surg 136:822-7. 2001..001). CONCLUSIONS: Carbon dioxide neck insufflation is safe at 10 mm Hg. The use of insufflation pressures higher than 15 mm Hg should be avoided due to the potential risk for metabolic and hemodynamic complications...
- Determinants of improvement in oxygenation consequent to reverse Trendelenburg position in anesthetized morbidly obese patientsV Perilli
Obes Surg 14:866-7. 2004