- Role of dynamic sentinel node biopsy in penile cancer: our experienceS Perdona
Department of Urology, IRCCS, National Cancer Institute, G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
J Surg Oncol 93:181-5. 2006..We report our initial experience with a relatively new technique, the so-called "dynamic sentinel node biopsy", in patients with penile cancer...
- Renal cell carcinoma with solitary toe metastasisSisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute, I R C C S Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Int J Urol 12:401-4. 2005..Thus, metastatic RCC should be included in the differential diagnosis of all enlarging cutaneous nodules, wherever they develop...
- Efficacy of tamoxifen and radiotherapy for prevention and treatment of gynaecomastia and breast pain caused by bicalutamide in prostate cancer: a randomised controlled trialSisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Tumour Institute, G Pascale Foundation IRCSS, Naples, Italy
Lancet Oncol 6:295-300. 2005..We aimed to compare tamoxifen with radiotherapy for prevention and treatment of gynaecomastia, breast pain, or both during bicalutamide monotherapy for prostate cancer...
- Paclitaxel in pretreated metastatic penile cancer: final results of a phase 2 studyGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Genitourinary Oncology and Rare Cancer Center, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur Urol 60:1280-4. 2011..Previously published preliminary findings showed promising activity of paclitaxel in chemotherapy-pretreated metastatic penile cancer...
- Cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil in inoperable, stage IV squamous cell carcinoma of the penisGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Genitourinary Cancer Section and Rare Cancer Center, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
BJU Int 110:E661-6. 2012..Neutropenia was the most important grade 3-4 side effect observed, occurring in 20% of patients. These data provide confirmation that such a combination regimen is moderately effective and well tolerated in patients with SCCP...
- Dynamic sentinel node biopsy in clinically node-negative penile cancer versus radical inguinal lymphadenectomy: a comparative studySisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Urology 66:1282-6. 2005..To evaluate the reliability and morbidity of dynamic sentinel node biopsy compared with radical inguinal lymphadenectomy (RIL) in the treatment of selected patients with squamous cell penile carcinoma...
- Phase II trial of cisplatin plus prednisone in docetaxel-refractory castration-resistant prostate cancer patientsCarlo Buonerba
Department of Endocrinology and Medical Oncology, Genitourinary Cancer Section, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:1455-61. 2011..Docetaxel represents the first-line treatment for castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC). New therapeutic options are needed for subsequent lines of therapy in CRPC patients...
- Predicting prostate biopsy outcome: prostate health index (phi) and prostate cancer antigen 3 (PCA3) are useful biomarkersMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Chim Acta 413:1274-8. 2012..In conclusion, %p2PSA, phi and PCA3 may predict a diagnosis of PCa in men undergoing their first prostate biopsy. PCA3 score is more useful in discriminating between HGPIN and non-cancer...
- Combination of bevacizumab and docetaxel in docetaxel-pretreated hormone-refractory prostate cancer: a phase 2 studyGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Clinical and Molecular Oncology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur Urol 54:1089-94. 2008..No agents are approved for second-line therapy in HRPC, but common standard practice for the oncologists is to treat patients also after docetaxel failure...
- Vesicourethral anastomosis during radical retropubic prostatectomy: does the number of sutures matter?Luigi Gallo
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Urology 69:547-51. 2007..To prospectively evaluate the outcome of radical retropubic prostatectomy using three different techniques of vesicourethral anastomosis (VUA), with a different number of sutures used during this surgical step...
- Quality of life in women with multiple sclerosis and overactive bladder syndromeGiuseppe Quarto
Division of Urology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:189-94. 2007..In conclusion, OAB symptoms have a major impact on the QoL in patients with MS, even if their perception of QoL impairment remains limited. Optimal management in these subjects should include a complete UDS assessment...
- Prostate Health Index (Phi) and Prostate Cancer Antigen 3 (PCA3) significantly improve prostate cancer detection at initial biopsy in a total PSA range of 2-10 ng/mlMatteo Ferro
Urology Unit, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e67687. 2013..001 and p = 0.01, respectively). In conclusion, both phi and PCA3 comparably increase the accuracy in predicting the presence of PCa in total PSA range 2-10 ng/ml at initial biopsy, outperforming currently used %fPSA. ..
- Gyrus bipolar versus standard monopolar transurethral resection of the prostate: a randomized prospective trialMarco De Sio
Department of Urology, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Naples, Italy
Urology 67:69-72. 2006..To compare bipolar plasmakinetic (PK) with standard monopolar transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)...
- Bladder-sparing, combined-modality approach for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a multi-institutional, long-term experienceSisto Perdonà
Comprehensive Urology Unit, National Tumor Institute, G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Cancer 112:75-83. 2008..The authors evaluated their long-term experience with combined-modality, conservative treatment in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer...
- Combined magnetic resonance spectroscopy and dynamic contrast-enhanced imaging for prostate cancer detectionSisto Perdonà
Urology Section, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Urol Oncol 31:761-5. 2013..The use of magnetic resonance spectroscopy imaging (MRSI) and dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) have emerged as a valid diagnostic tools for prostate cancer (CaP)...
- Chondroitin sulphate enhances the antitumor activity of gemcitabine and mitomycin-C in bladder cancer cells with different mechanismsMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Oncol Rep 27:409-15. 2012..In conclusion, in the human bladder cancer cell line HT-1376 pharmacological combination of CS with GEM or MMC resulted in a strong synergism on cell growth inhibition...
- Gemcitabine versus bacille Calmette-Guérin after initial bacille Calmette-Guérin failure in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a multicenter prospective randomized trialGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Cancer 116:1893-900. 2010..The efficacy of intravesical gemcitabine was evaluated compared with repeated administration of bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) after BCG failure in high-risk, non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (BC)...
- Activity and toxicity of paclitaxel in pretreated metastatic penile cancer patientsGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 20:277-80. 2009..Paclitaxel is well tolerated and associated with promising efficacy. Further trials, also in a neoadjuvant setting, are needed to corroborate our preliminary findings...
- The role of short frenulum and the effects of frenulectomy on premature ejaculationLuigi Gallo
Studio Urologico Gallo, Department of Andrology, Naples, Italy
J Sex Med 7:1269-76. 2010..The role of short frenulum and the effects of frenulectomy on premature ejaculation (PE) were never investigated...
- Management of gynaecomastia in patients with prostate cancer: a systematic reviewGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Endocrinology and Molecular and Clinical Oncology, Second University Naples, Naples, Italy
Lancet Oncol 6:972-9. 2005..In this review, management options for gynaecomastia caused by hormonal manipulation in patients with prostate cancer are discussed...
- The use of tamsulosin in the medical treatment of ureteral calculi: where do we stand?Riccardo Autorino
Department of Urology, Second University, Naples, Italy
Urol Res 33:460-4. 2005..This selective alpha-blocker should therefore be included in the pharmacological regimen of patients when a conservative approach is considered in the treatment of ureteral lithiasis...