- Role of dynamic sentinel node biopsy in penile cancer: our experienceS Perdona
Department of Urology, IRCCS, National Cancer Institute, G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
J Surg Oncol 93:181-5. 2006..We report our initial experience with a relatively new technique, the so-called "dynamic sentinel node biopsy", in patients with penile cancer...
- Renal cell carcinoma with solitary toe metastasisSisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute, I R C C S Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Int J Urol 12:401-4. 2005..Thus, metastatic RCC should be included in the differential diagnosis of all enlarging cutaneous nodules, wherever they develop...
- Efficacy of tamoxifen and radiotherapy for prevention and treatment of gynaecomastia and breast pain caused by bicalutamide in prostate cancer: a randomised controlled trialSisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Tumour Institute, G Pascale Foundation IRCSS, Naples, Italy
Lancet Oncol 6:295-300. 2005..We aimed to compare tamoxifen with radiotherapy for prevention and treatment of gynaecomastia, breast pain, or both during bicalutamide monotherapy for prostate cancer...
- Paclitaxel in pretreated metastatic penile cancer: final results of a phase 2 studyGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Genitourinary Oncology and Rare Cancer Center, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur Urol 60:1280-4. 2011..Previously published preliminary findings showed promising activity of paclitaxel in chemotherapy-pretreated metastatic penile cancer...
- Cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil in inoperable, stage IV squamous cell carcinoma of the penisGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Genitourinary Cancer Section and Rare Cancer Center, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
BJU Int 110:E661-6. 2012..Neutropenia was the most important grade 3-4 side effect observed, occurring in 20% of patients. These data provide confirmation that such a combination regimen is moderately effective and well tolerated in patients with SCCP...
- Dynamic sentinel node biopsy in clinically node-negative penile cancer versus radical inguinal lymphadenectomy: a comparative studySisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Urology 66:1282-6. 2005..To evaluate the reliability and morbidity of dynamic sentinel node biopsy compared with radical inguinal lymphadenectomy (RIL) in the treatment of selected patients with squamous cell penile carcinoma...
- Phase II trial of cisplatin plus prednisone in docetaxel-refractory castration-resistant prostate cancer patientsCarlo Buonerba
Department of Endocrinology and Medical Oncology, Genitourinary Cancer Section, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:1455-61. 2011..Docetaxel represents the first-line treatment for castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC). New therapeutic options are needed for subsequent lines of therapy in CRPC patients...
- Prostate Health Index (Phi) and Prostate Cancer Antigen 3 (PCA3) significantly improve prostate cancer detection at initial biopsy in a total PSA range of 2-10 ng/mlMatteo Ferro
Urology Unit, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e67687. 2013..001 and p = 0.01, respectively). In conclusion, both phi and PCA3 comparably increase the accuracy in predicting the presence of PCa in total PSA range 2-10 ng/ml at initial biopsy, outperforming currently used %fPSA. ..
- Combined magnetic resonance spectroscopy and dynamic contrast-enhanced imaging for prostate cancer detectionSisto Perdonà
Urology Section, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Urol Oncol 31:761-5. 2013..The use of magnetic resonance spectroscopy imaging (MRSI) and dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) have emerged as a valid diagnostic tools for prostate cancer (CaP)...
- Predicting prostate biopsy outcome: prostate health index (phi) and prostate cancer antigen 3 (PCA3) are useful biomarkersMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Chim Acta 413:1274-8. 2012..In conclusion, %p2PSA, phi and PCA3 may predict a diagnosis of PCa in men undergoing their first prostate biopsy. PCA3 score is more useful in discriminating between HGPIN and non-cancer...
- Combination of bevacizumab and docetaxel in docetaxel-pretreated hormone-refractory prostate cancer: a phase 2 studyGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Clinical and Molecular Oncology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur Urol 54:1089-94. 2008..No agents are approved for second-line therapy in HRPC, but common standard practice for the oncologists is to treat patients also after docetaxel failure...
- Vesicourethral anastomosis during radical retropubic prostatectomy: does the number of sutures matter?Luigi Gallo
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Urology 69:547-51. 2007..To prospectively evaluate the outcome of radical retropubic prostatectomy using three different techniques of vesicourethral anastomosis (VUA), with a different number of sutures used during this surgical step...
- Quality of life in women with multiple sclerosis and overactive bladder syndromeGiuseppe Quarto
Division of Urology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:189-94. 2007..In conclusion, OAB symptoms have a major impact on the QoL in patients with MS, even if their perception of QoL impairment remains limited. Optimal management in these subjects should include a complete UDS assessment...
- Bladder-sparing, combined-modality approach for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a multi-institutional, long-term experienceSisto Perdonà
Comprehensive Urology Unit, National Tumor Institute, G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Cancer 112:75-83. 2008..The authors evaluated their long-term experience with combined-modality, conservative treatment in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer...
- Gyrus bipolar versus standard monopolar transurethral resection of the prostate: a randomized prospective trialMarco De Sio
Department of Urology, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Naples, Italy
Urology 67:69-72. 2006..To compare bipolar plasmakinetic (PK) with standard monopolar transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)...
- Urotensin II receptor determines prognosis of bladder cancer regulating cell motility/invasionRenato Franco
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and General Pathology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 33:48. 2014..The aim of this study is to evaluate if UTR expression can discriminate between NMIBC and MIBC and predict the risk of relapses in NMIBCs...
- Chondroitin sulphate enhances the antitumor activity of gemcitabine and mitomycin-C in bladder cancer cells with different mechanismsMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Oncol Rep 27:409-15. 2012..In conclusion, in the human bladder cancer cell line HT-1376 pharmacological combination of CS with GEM or MMC resulted in a strong synergism on cell growth inhibition...
- Activity and toxicity of paclitaxel in pretreated metastatic penile cancer patientsGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 20:277-80. 2009..Paclitaxel is well tolerated and associated with promising efficacy. Further trials, also in a neoadjuvant setting, are needed to corroborate our preliminary findings...
- Gemcitabine versus bacille Calmette-Guérin after initial bacille Calmette-Guérin failure in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a multicenter prospective randomized trialGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Cancer 116:1893-900. 2010..The efficacy of intravesical gemcitabine was evaluated compared with repeated administration of bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) after BCG failure in high-risk, non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (BC)...
- Prostate health index vs percent free prostate-specific antigen for prostate cancer detection in men with "gray" prostate-specific antigen levels at first biopsy: systematic review and meta-analysisDario Bruzzese
Department of Public Health, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Transl Res 164:444-51. 2014..81 (95% CI, 2.19-3.6; P < 0.0001). In conclusion, PHI instead of %fPSA as a reflex test in men with tPSA "gray" levels is a better predictor of positive first biopsy and can offer a reduction in unnecessary biopsies...
- High levels of GPR30 protein in human testicular carcinoma in situ and seminomas correlate with low levels of estrogen receptor-beta and indicate a switch in estrogen responsivenessFrancesca Boscia
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze e Scienze Riproduttive ed Odontostomatologiche, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Cell Physiol 230:1290-7. 2015....
- Management of gynaecomastia in patients with prostate cancer: a systematic reviewGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Endocrinology and Molecular and Clinical Oncology, Second University Naples, Naples, Italy
Lancet Oncol 6:972-9. 2005..In this review, management options for gynaecomastia caused by hormonal manipulation in patients with prostate cancer are discussed...
- The role of short frenulum and the effects of frenulectomy on premature ejaculationLuigi Gallo
Studio Urologico Gallo, Department of Andrology, Naples, Italy
J Sex Med 7:1269-76. 2010..The role of short frenulum and the effects of frenulectomy on premature ejaculation (PE) were never investigated...
- Current applications of near-infrared fluorescence imaging in robotic urologic surgery: a systematic review and critical analysis of the literatureRiccardo Autorino
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH Urology Unit, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy Electronic address
Urology 84:751-9. 2014..Whether the added cost is justified by better outcomes remains to be determined. ..
- The use of tamsulosin in the medical treatment of ureteral calculi: where do we stand?Riccardo Autorino
Department of Urology, Second University, Naples, Italy
Urol Res 33:460-4. 2005..This selective alpha-blocker should therefore be included in the pharmacological regimen of patients when a conservative approach is considered in the treatment of ureteral lithiasis...