Location: Rome, Italy
- Peluso I, Morabito G, Riondino S, La Farina F, Serafini M. Lymphocytes as internal standard in oxidative burst analysis by cytometry: a new data analysis approach. J Immunol Methods. 2012;379:61-5 pubmed publisher..In addition, this method is sensitive to differences in healthy subjects due to sub-pathological conditions, such as hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Peluso I, Raguzzini A, Villano D, Cesqui E, Toti E, Catasta G, et al. High fat meal increase of IL-17 is prevented by ingestion of fruit juice drink in healthy overweight subjects. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:85-90 pubmed..037). We provided, for the first time, evidence on the role of diet in modulating IL-17 production in healthy overweight subjects. ..
- Caruso R, Fina D, Peluso I, Fantini M, Tosti C, Del Vecchio Blanco G, et al. IL-21 is highly produced in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric mucosa and promotes gelatinases synthesis. J Immunol. 2007;178:5957-65 pubmed..These data indicate that IL-21 is overexpressed in Hp-infected gastric mucosa where it could contribute to increased epithelial gelatinase production. ..
- Caruso R, Fina D, Peluso I, Stolfi C, Fantini M, Gioia V, et al. A functional role for interleukin-21 in promoting the synthesis of the T-cell chemoattractant, MIP-3alpha, by gut epithelial cells. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:166-75 pubmed..Treatment of IBD explants with anti-IL-21 reduced MIP-3alpha production. These data show that intestinal epithelial cells are a target of IL-21 and that IL-21 is involved in the cross-talk between epithelial and immune cells in the gut. ..
- Caruso R, Pallone F, Fina D, Gioia V, Peluso I, Caprioli F, et al. Protease-activated receptor-2 activation in gastric cancer cells promotes epidermal growth factor receptor trans-activation and proliferation. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:268-78 pubmed..These data show that PAR-2 is overexpressed in GC and suggest a role of PAR-2 in EGFR trans-activation and cell growth. ..
- Peluso I, Serafini M, Campolongo P, Palmery M. Effect on rat arterial blood pressure of chemically generated peroxyl radicals and protection by antioxidants. J Nutr Biochem. 2004;15:323-7 pubmed..Other experiments are needed to clarify the role played by oxidative potentials on blood pressure and the mechanism of action of nutritional antioxidants. ..
- Mosca L, Marcellini S, Perluigi M, Mastroiacovo P, Moretti S, Famularo G, et al. Modulation of apoptosis and improved redox metabolism with the use of a new antioxidant formula. Biochem Pharmacol. 2002;63:1305-14 pubmed..The clinical potential of this strategy in the treatment of diseases with an elevated commitment to apoptosis should be explored. ..
- Peluso I, Fantini M, Fina D, Caruso R, Boirivant M, MacDonald T, et al. IL-21 counteracts the regulatory T cell-mediated suppression of human CD4+ T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2007;178:732-9 pubmed..Data indicate that IL-21 renders human CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells resistant to Treg-mediated suppression and suggest a novel mechanism by which IL-21 could augment T cell-activated responses in human immune-inflammatory diseases. ..
- Peluso I, Pallone F, Monteleone G. Interleukin-12 and Th1 immune response in Crohn's disease: pathogenetic relevance and therapeutic implication. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:5606-10 pubmed
- Peluso I, Palmery M, Serafini M. Association of flavonoid-rich foods and statins in the management of hypercholesterolemia: a dangerous or helpful combination?. Curr Drug Metab. 2015;16:833-46 pubmed..Therefore, the anamnesis of patients must include detailed information about their eating habits and the present review suggests monitoring and reporting any possible case of interaction between a prescribed statin and food. ..
- Peluso I, Cavaliere A, Palmery M. Plasma total antioxidant capacity and peroxidation biomarkers in psoriasis. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:52 pubmed publisher..However, considering the limitations of TAC and plasma peroxidation markers, this review suggests that new methods should be developed in order to evaluate systemic oxidative stress in psoriasis. ..
- Manafikhi H, Drummen G, Palmery M, Peluso I. Total Antioxidant Capacity in beta-thalassemia: A systematic review and meta-analysis of case-control studies. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2017;110:35-42 pubmed publisher..05]. In conclusion, UA and BR interference on TAC suggests that corrected TAC and in particular the UA-independent TAC, considering the prominent influence of UA, might be the better approach to evaluate body antioxidant status. ..
- Peluso I, Morabito G, Urban L, Ioannone F, Serafini M. Oxidative stress in atherosclerosis development: the central role of LDL and oxidative burst. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2012;12:351-60 pubmed..Understanding the relationship between oxLDL and leukocyte oxidative burst helps to explain the involvement of innate immune responses in the early phases of atherosclerosis. The present review focuses on this interplay. ..
- Peluso I, Adorno G, Raguzzini A, Urban L, Ghiselli A, Serafini M. A new flow cytometry method to measure oxidative status: the Peroxidation of Leukocytes Index Ratio (PLIR). J Immunol Methods. 2013;390:113-20 pubmed publisher..A complex relationship between immune system and metabolic pathway exists and can induce oxidative stress. The objective of this study was to design a new methodology allowing the measurement of oxidative status of leukocytes...