- Is total lymphocyte count a reliable predictor of the CD4 lymphocyte cell count in resource-limited settings?Giuseppe Liotta
AIDS 18:1082-3. 2004
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in human beta-defensin-1 gene in Mozambican HIV-1-infected women and correlation with virologic parametersSilvia Baroncelli
Department of Therapeutic Research and Medicines Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
AIDS 22:1515-7. 2008....
- A global approach to the management of EMR (electronic medical records) of patients with HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa: the experience of DREAM softwareAndrea Nucita
Dipartimento di Fisica, Sezione Informatica, Universita degli Studi di Messina, Messina, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 9:42. 2009..This paper aims to show DREAM's challenges and the solutions adopted. One of the solutions is the efficient management of the clinical data regarding the treatment of the patients and epidemiological analyses...
- Treatment acceleration program and the experience of the DREAM program in prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIVLeonardo Palombi
DREAM Program University Tor Vergata, Piazza S Egidio 3 a, 00153 Rome, Italy
AIDS 21:S65-71. 2007....
- [Evolution and current tools of multidimensional assessment in Italy]Paola Scarcella
Cattedra di Igiene, Università Tor Vergata Roma, Italy
Ig Sanita Pubbl 62:69-89. 2006..This fact should be reflected upon however, and may call for a greater investment in this important sector of geriatric care...
- Resistance mutation patterns in plasma and breast milk of HIV-infected women receiving highly-active antiretroviral therapy for mother-to-child transmission preventionMauro Andreotti
AIDS 21:2360-2. 2007
- Subtype analysis and mutations to antiviral drugs in HIV-1-infected patients from Mozambique before initiation of antiretroviral therapy: results from the DREAM programmeMaria Concetta Bellocchi
INMI L, Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
J Med Virol 76:452-8. 2005..The high frequency of secondary mutations/polymorphisms in HIV-PR deserves further studies to evaluate its relevance in clinical settings...
- Triple antiretroviral prophylaxis administered during pregnancy and after delivery significantly reduces breast milk viral load: a study within the Drug Resource Enhancement Against AIDS and Malnutrition ProgramMarina Giuliano
Department of Drug Research and Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:286-91. 2007..In this study, we assessed the effect of antiretroviral treatment on breast milk viral load and determined plasma and breast milk drug concentrations in pregnant women receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Implementing anti-retroviral triple therapy to prevent HIV mother-to-child transmission: a public health approach in resource-limited settingsCristina M Marazzi
LUMSA University, Rome, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 166:1305-7. 2007
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha, Interleukin-10, and alpha-defensins in plasma and breast milk of HIV-infected highly active antiretroviral therapy-treated and untreated pregnant women in MozambiqueSilvia Baroncelli
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:647-9. 2008
- Excessive early mortality in the first year of treatment in HIV type 1-infected patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settingsMaria Cristina Marazzi
LUMSA University, Rome, Italy
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:555-60. 2008..HAART initiated at higher CD4 cell count levels, especially among malnourished and/or anemic patients, will carry significant public health impact...
- Evaluating adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy with use of pill counts and viral load measurement in the drug resources enhancement against AIDS and malnutrition program in MozambiqueMassimo Magnano San Lio
Community of Sant Egidio, Drug Resources Enhancement against AIDS and Malnutrition Program, Rome, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 46:1609-16. 2008..The objective of our study was to explore the results of a computerized pill count method and to test the validity, sensitivity, and specificity of this method with respect to viral load measurement in an African setting...
- HIV/AIDS in Africa: treatment as a right and strategies for fair implementation. False assumptions on the basis of a minimalistic approachLeonardo Palombi
AIDS 19:536-7. 2005
- Do primary care physicians underprescribe antibiotics for peptic ulcer disease? Report from an Italian research networkLeonardo Palombi
Tor Vergata University, Rome, and Clinica San Raffaele Tosinvest Sanita, Velletri, Italy
J Fam Pract 51:265. 2002..To determine how often primary care physicians prescribe eradication therapy for peptic ulcer disease (PUD) and nonulcer dyspepsia (NUD)...