- Sleep, dreaming, and mental health: a review of historical and neurobiological perspectivesLaura Palagini
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Sleep Med Rev 15:179-86. 2011....
- The genetics of insomnia--evidence for epigenetic mechanisms?Laura Palagini
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pisa, School of Medicine, Via Roma 67, 56100 Pisa, Italy Electronic address
Sleep Med Rev 18:225-35. 2014....
- REM sleep dysregulation in depression: state of the artLaura Palagini
Department of Psychiatry, Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Biotechnologies, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Sleep Med Rev 17:377-90. 2013....
- Depression and systemic lupus erythematosus: a systematic reviewL Palagini
Psychiatry Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Pisa, Italy
Lupus 22:409-16. 2013..Among the items included in the nomenclature for neuropsychiatric SLE, mood disorders have been identified. The aim of this paper is to review the clinical and psychobiological relationship between depression and SLE...
- Sleep loss and hypertension: a systematic reviewLaura Palagini
Department of Psychiatry, Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy, Via Roma, 67, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 19:2409-19. 2013....
- Poor sleep quality and resistant hypertensionRosa Maria Bruno
Institute of Clinical Physiology CNR, Pisa, Italy Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Sleep Med 14:1157-63. 2013..We aimed to determine the relationship between sleep quality and treatment-resistant hypertension (RH)...
- Mental activity after early afternoon nap awakenings in healthy subjectsLaura Palagini
Department of Psychiatry, Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Biotechnologies, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Brain Res Bull 63:361-8. 2004..Some other factor such as memory processing may explain the longer dream reports following REM sleep, or it may be that the EEG is an imperfect indicator of arousal level...