Affiliation: Ospedali Riuniti
- Physiologic factors predisposing to chronic respiratory failureAndrea Rossi
Pulmonary Division, Azienda Ospedaliera, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Respir Care Clin N Am 8:379-404. 2002....
- Long-acting beta2-agonists (LABA) in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: efficacy and safetyAndrea Rossi
Unit of Respiratory Diseases, Hospital of Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 3:521-9. 2008..Inhaled LABAs are commonly well tolerated although adverse effects such as tremor and palpitations are occasionally troublesome...
- On-line monitoring of lung mechanics during spontaneous breathing: a physiological studySonia Khirani
Pulmonary Division A O Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Respir Med 104:463-71. 2010..We investigated whether on-line monitoring of the lung mechanics, including intrinsic PEEP, was feasible in spontaneously breathing patients...
- The modified International Prognostic Index can predict the outcome of localized primary intestinal lymphoma of both extranodal marginal zone B-cell and diffuse large B-cell histologiesSergio Cortelazzo
Divisione di Ematologia e Servizio di Anatomia Patologica e Citologia, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Br J Haematol 118:218-28. 2002..This retrospective study shows that stage-MIPI can be a reliable prognostic indicator for PIL of both low-grade MZL and diffuse large B-cell histology, enabling the early identification of patients at higher risk of failure...
- Comparison of the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of formoterol dry powder and oral, slow-release theophylline in the treatment of COPDAndrea Rossi
Respiratory Division, Bergamo General Hospital, Bergamo, Italy
Chest 121:1058-69. 2002..To compare the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of therapy with formoterol and oral slow-release theophylline (THEO) in patients with COPD...
- FcgammaRIIIA and FcgammaRIIA polymorphisms do not predict clinical outcome of follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients treated with sequential CHOP and rituximabEmanuela Carlotti
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Haematologica 92:1127-30. 2007..By contrast, the achievement of a durable molecular clearance of BCL2/IgH+ cells detectable in the bone marrow is confirmed to be a reliable predictive factor of a better long-term clinical outcome...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in lymphoma: prevalence and clinical significanceSimona Pusterla
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Hematol J 5:341-6. 2004..In conclusion, antiphospholipid antibodies are associated with lymphomas. Their determination is useful to identify patients at high risk to develop thrombotic complications, but not to predict treatment outcome or disease prognosis...
- Prolonged administration of all-trans retinoic acid in combination with intensive chemotherapy and G-CSF for adult acute myelogenous leukemia: single-centre pilot study in different risk groupsRenato Bassan
Division of Haematology, Cytogenetics Unit, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Hematol J 3:193-200. 2002..An exploratory trial was conducted to evaluate toxicity and potential therapeutic role of all trans-retinoic acid (ATRA) given long-term together with chemotherapy and G-CSF to adult patients with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)...
- Primary nodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma: clinical features and prognostic assessment of a rare diseaseLuca Arcaini
Division of Haematology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Br J Haematol 136:301-4. 2007..In univariate analysis worse OS was associated with: FLIPI (P = 0.02), age > 60 years (P = 0.05) and raised lactate dehydrogenase (P = 0.05). In multivariate analysis, only FLIPI predicted a worse OS (P = 0.02)...
- Risk of second cancer in nongastric marginal zone B-cell lymphomas of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue: a population-based study from northern ItalyLuca Arcaini
Division of Hematology, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 13:182-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to define the risk of second cancer in nongastric marginal zone lymphomas of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT)...
- [Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension with and without antiphospholipid syndrome]Cecilia Colorio
Instituto de Cardiologia y Cirugia Cardiovascular, Fundacion Favaloro, Buenos Aires
Medicina (B Aires) 67:225-30. 2007..Those patients with CTE-PH and APS who underwent thromboendarterectomy tended to achieve a better functional class and survival than those who received medical treatment...
- Conservative surgical approach in treatment strategy of craniopharyngioma: experience at a single institution in ItalyArmando Cama
Neurosurgery Department, Giannina Gaslini Children s Research Hospital, Genova, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:337-40. 2006
- Chronic heart failure with preserved left ventricular ejection fraction: diagnostic and prognostic value of left atrial sizeAndrea Rossi
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia Universita degli Studi di Verona, Verona, Italy, and Department of Clinical Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, UK
Int J Cardiol 110:386-92. 2006..Data on prognostic markers in such patients are limited. We analyzed the prevalence and prognostic value of left atrial (LA) size in this condition...
- Noninvasive proportional assist ventilation and pressure support ventilation during arm elevation in patients with chronic respiratory failure. A preliminary, physiologic studyRoberta Poggi
Respiratory Division, Ospedali Riuniti, L go Barozzi, 1, 24128 Bergamo, Italy
Respir Med 100:972-9. 2006....
- Immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathies of undetermined significance and indolent Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia recognize the same determinants of evolution into symptomatic lymphoid disorders: proposal for a common prognostic scoring systemLuca Baldini
Unità Operativa Ematologia 1, Dipartimento di Ematologia e Oncologia, Ospedale Maggiore, I R C C S, Milano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:4662-8. 2005....
- Independent and additional prognostic value of aminoterminal propeptide of type III procollagen circulating levels in patients with chronic heart failureMariantonietta Cicoira
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
J Card Fail 10:403-11. 2004..We aimed to determine whether aminoterminal-propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP), a marker of extracellular matrix turnover, might provide prognostic information in CHF patients...
- Effects of ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism on response to spironolactone in patients with chronic heart failureMariantonietta Cicoira
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Med 116:657-61. 2004..We hypothesized that the benefits of spironolactone, which inhibits downstream elements of ACE-mediated abnormalities, may depend on ACE genotype...
- Prognostic scoring system for primary CNS lymphomas: the International Extranodal Lymphoma Study Group experienceAndres J M Ferreri
Department of Radiochemotherapy, San Raffaele H Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:266-72. 2003..To identify survival predictors and to design a prognostic score useful for distinguishing risk groups in immunocompetent patients with primary CNS lymphomas (PCNSL)...
- Long-term, dose-dependent effects of spironolactone on left ventricular function and exercise tolerance in patients with chronic heart failureMariantonietta Cicoira
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia Universita degli Studi di Verona, P Le Stefani, I 37126 Verona, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:304-10. 2002..This study was designed to assess the effects of spironolactone (SP) on left ventricular (LV) function and exercise tolerance in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Bolus fluorouracil and leucovorin with oxaliplatin as first-line treatment in metastatic colorectal cancerAlberto Ravaioli
Department of Oncology, Infermi Hospital, Via Settembrini 2, 47900 Rimini, Italy
J Clin Oncol 20:2545-50. 2002..A phase II trial investigated the activity and toxicity of a bolus administration schedule of oxaliplatin, fluorouracil (5-FU), and leucovorin (LV) therapy in patients with untreated advanced colorectal cancer...
- [Controversies on the efficacy of noninvasive ventilation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)]Roberta Poggi
Recenti Prog Med 93:32-5. 2002..Therefore randomized and controlled studies with a great number of patients are essential to evaluate the effects of NPPV in stable COPD patients with chronic retention of CO2, not only in survival but also in quality of life...
- Relation of aldosterone "escape" despite angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor administration to impaired exercise capacity in chronic congestive heart failure secondary to ischemic or idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyMariantonietta Cicoira
Divisione Clinicizzata di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Cardiol 89:403-7. 2002..Thus, aldosterone escape is associated with reduced exercise capacity in patients with CHF. This factor does not seem to be linked with hemodynamic mechanisms or with a reduced skeletal muscle bulk...