Affiliation: Ospedali del Tigullio
- Late occurrence of pleural and peritoneal effusion due to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection (TB) in a patient with posttransplantation recurrent HCV chronic hepatitis: safety of peginterferon and ribavirin treatment after recovery of TB:- a case reportA Grasso
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Unit, San Paolo Hospital, Savona, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:1783-5. 2008..The infection was successfully treated with no hepatotoxicity or rejection, so that it was possible to start antiviral treatment with peginterferon and ribavirin for recurrent HCV without reactivation of MT infection...
- Insulin resistance predicts rapid virological response in non-diabetic, non-cirrhotic genotype 1 HCV patients treated with peginterferon alpha-2b plus ribavirinAlessandro Grasso
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Unit, San Paolo Hospital, Via Genova 30, 17100 Savona, Italy
J Hepatol 51:984-90. 2009..However, the variables influencing the early phase of viral decay are still largely unexplored. We aimed to assess which pre-treatment variable may predict rapid virologic response (RVR) and sustained virologic response (SVR)...
- Clearance kinetics of hepatitis C virus under different antiviral therapiesF Torre
Department of Internal Medicine (DIMI, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Med Virol 64:455-9. 2001..A new dynamic approach to HCV treatment can therefore be developed...
- Therapy of chronic hepatitis C virus infection in HIV co-infected peopleP Fabris
Dept of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, S Bortolo Hospital, Viale Rodolfi, 36100 Vicenza, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 10:2111-22. 2004..Liver transplantation is being evaluated in many centers. To date the experiences are very limited but encouraging in term of survival rate...
- Focal nodular hyperplasia-like areas in cirrhosisA Quaglia
Academic Departments of Histopathology, Radiology Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Histopathology 42:14-21. 2003..Focal nodular hyperplasia-like lesions have rarely been described in cirrhotic livers. We describe five cases of such lesions...
- Assessing patients' understanding of hepatitis C virus infection and its impact on their lifestyleP Fabris
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, S Bortolo Hospital, Vicenza, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1161-70. 2006..To assess how much patients with hepatitis C virus infection know about their condition and what impact it has on their lifestyle...
- A randomized trial of pegylated-interferon-alpha2a plus ribavirin with or without amantadine in the re-treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C not responding to standard interferon and ribavirinA Ciancio
Dipartimento di Gastroenterologia, Ospedale Molinette, Torino, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:1079-86. 2006..There is yet no established treatment for chronic hepatitis C patients non-responder to standard interferon and ribavirin...
- Pegylated interferon and ribavirin in re-treatment of responder-relapser HCV patientsM Basso
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, N 6, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:47-51. 2007..The re-treatment of patients who relapse after a course of standard interferon and ribavirin with pegylated interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin is an open issue...