Affiliation: Ospedali del Tigullio
- Unusual presentation of Addison's disease in Schmidt's syndromeA Gaiero
Department of Pediatrics, San Paolo Hospital, Savona, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:783-5. 2003....
- Endocrinological late complications after hematopoietic SCT in childrenA Cohen
Department of Pediatrics, University of Genova, San Paolo Hospital, Savona, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:S43-8. 2008..This review of late endocrine complications after HSCT focuses on growth, pubertal development, thyroid disorders and glucose metabolism in long-term survivors...
- Secondary thyroid carcinoma after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation during childhoodA Cohen
Department of Pediatrics, San Paolo Hospital, 17100 Savona, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:1125-8. 2001..Careful follow-up of thyroid status including annual ultrasound examination is recommended for early detection of tumor...
- Central diabetes insipidus in children and young adultsM Maghnie
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pavia and Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, Italy
N Engl J Med 343:998-1007. 2000..Central diabetes insipidus is rare in children and young adults, and up to 50 percent of cases are idiopathic. The clinical presentation and the long-term course of this disorder are largely undefined...
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic stem cell transplantation in relapsed and refractory Hodgkin's disease: low transplant-related mortality and impact of intensity of conditioning regimenP Anderlini
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:943-51. 2005..03), and a trend towards better progression-free survival (37 vs 21% at 18 months; P=0.2). RIC allo-SCT is feasible in relapsed/refractory HD patients with a low TRM. The intensity of the preparative regimen affects survival...
- Plasma levels of soluble CD30 are increased in children with chronic renal failure and with primary growth deficiency and decrease during treatment with recombination human growth hormoneG Barbano
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Giannina Gaslini Institute, Children's Hospital, Largo G. Gaslini 5, I-16148 Genoa, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:1807-13. 2001..Whether the uraemia-induced increase in sCD30 is due to decreased renal excretion, to overproduction or both, remains to be determined...
- Decitabine with allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in the therapy of leukemia relapse following a prior transplant: results of a phase I studyF Ravandi
Department of Hematology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77027, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:1221-5. 2001..Current response data should encourage further study of this drug, either alone or in combination with other agents, for treatment of relapsed acute leukemia after an allogeneic transplant...
- Long-Term follow-up of recipients of CD8-depleted donor lymphocyte infusions for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia relapsing after allogeneic progenitor cell transplantationA Shimoni
Department of Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:568-75. 2001..This strategy is associated with durable complete remissions and a low rate of complications and therefore merits further investigation in larger-scale comparative trials...