S Zambito Marsala
Affiliation: Ospedale San Martino
- Cerebrospinal fluid and lumbar puncture: the story of a necessary procedure in the history of medicineSandro Zambito Marsala
San Martino Hospital, Neurology, Viale Europa 22, CAP 32100, Belluno, Italy
Neurol Sci 36:1011-5. 2015....
- Pain perception in major depressive disorder: a neurophysiological case-control studySandro Zambito Marsala
San Martino Hospital Department of Neurology, Belluno, Viale Europa 22 CAP 32100, Italy Electronic address
J Neurol Sci 357:19-21. 2015..Conversely, chronic pain may represent an emotional condition as well as physical sensation, and can influence both the mood and behaviour...
- Neurological complications of tick borne encephalitis: the experience of 89 patients studied and literature reviewSandro Zambito Marsala
Department of Neurology, San Martino Hospital, Belluno, Italy
Neurol Sci 35:15-21. 2014..This review also contains diagnostic elements and neuropathological features typical of this infection and a brief summary of vaccination against TBE. ..
- Rapid onset of efficacy of rasagiline in early Parkinson's diseaseSandro Zambito Marsala
Department of Neurology, San Martino Hospital, Viale Europa 22, 32100, Belluno, Italy
Neurol Sci 34:2007-13. 2013..Rasagiline had a rapid therapeutic effect from the first week of therapy, which further improved at 4 weeks. The rapid onset of action and the absence of a dose titration are important issues in the management of the PD patient...
- A systematic review of catechol-0-methyltransferase inhibitors: efficacy and safety in clinical practiceSandro Zambito Marsala
Neurologia, Ospedale San Martino, Belluno, Italy
Clin Neuropharmacol 35:185-90. 2012..The last COMT inhibitor is nebicapone, which use in clinical practice is still under study...
- Isolated polio-like syndrome after tick-borne encephalitis presenting with acute hyperckemiaSandro Zambito Marsala
Department of Neurology, Ospedale San Martino Belluno, Viale Europa 22, 32100, Belluno, Italy
Neurol Sci 33:669-72. 2012..Usually myelitis is associated to severe encephalitis and a complete diagnosis may be difficult in comatose patients. Rarely, an isolated polio-like syndrome may be the sole neurological complication of tick-borne encephalitis...
- Post-malaria neurological syndrome: clinical and laboratory findings in one patientS Zambito Marsala
Unita Operativa di Neurologia, Ospedale San Martino di Belluno, Viale Europa 22, I 32100 Belluno, Italy
Neurol Sci 27:442-4. 2006..Our patient presented a mild diffuse encephalopathy suggestive of a generic activation of the immune system without any specific reaction against antigens within the CNS...
- Saturday night brachial plexus palsyC Marchini
Department of Neurology, Ospedale San Martino, Viale Europa 22, I 32100, Belluno, Italy
Neurol Sci 28:279-81. 2007..Repeated neurological examination and neurophysiological studies 60 days later were normal. A diagnosis of brachial plexus neuropathy consequent to non-traumatic stretching of the middle and the lower trunks was made...