Affiliation: Ospedale dei Bambini G. Di Cristina
- Simultaneous diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia and peripheral neuroblastic tumor in a childPaolo D'Angelo
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Unit, G Di Cristina Children s Hospital, A R N A S Ospedale Civico, Palermo, Italy
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 34:72-5. 2012..The simultaneous occurrence of 2 different neoplasms in a child is very infrequent, and no comparable cases are reported in the literature...
- Severe polyuria and polydipsia in hyponatremic-hypertensive syndrome associated with Wilms tumorPaolo D'Angelo
Unit of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, G Di Cristina Children s Hospital, A R N A S, Palermo, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:566-9. 2010..All HHS signs and symptoms resolved only following surgical resection of the tumor, allowing chemotherapy to be given...
- Breast metastases in children and adolescents with rhabdomyosarcoma: Experience of the Italian Soft Tissue Sarcoma CommitteePaolo D'Angelo
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Unit, G Di Cristina Children s Hospital, Palermo, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:1306-9. 2010....
- Hepatopathy-thrombocytopenia syndrome (HTS) after actinomycin-D therapy: report of three cases and review of the literaturePiero Farruggia
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, G Di Cristina Children s Hospital, Italy
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:237-43. 2011..We report three children with Wilms tumor, with severe HTS/SOS, but had a different outcome, in spite of vigorous supportive therapy...
- Hodgkin lymphoma and nephrotic syndrome in childhoodPiero Farruggia
Unit of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, G Di Cristina Children Hospital, A R N A S, Via Benedettini 1, 90134, Palermo, Italy
Indian J Pediatr 77:1147-9. 2010..Till date, to the best of author's knowledge, there are about 50 pediatric cases published, no one among Italian children. In the present paper, the authors report 2 cases observed in their department in the 7 yrs period...
- Focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver: an unusual association with diabetes mellitus in a child and review of literaturePiero Farruggia
Unit of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, G, Di Cristina Children s Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 36:41. 2010..We here describe, to our knowledge, the first case of focal nodular hyperplasia in association with diabetes mellitus in childhood...
- Castleman's disease in childhood: report of three cases and review of the literaturePiero Farruggia
Unit of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, G Di Cristina Children s Hospital, ARNAS, Palermo, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 37:50. 2011..There are only about 100 pediatric cases published, five of them in Italy. We report 3 cases of localized Castleman's disease, investigated in our Department in a 3 years period and reviewed the literature...
- Hypereosinophilic syndrome in childhood: clinical and molecular features of two casesPiero Farruggia
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, G Di Cristina Children s Hospital, Palermo, Italy
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:129-35. 2009..It is very rare in children. Uncertainties in classification and lack of prospective studies make therapeutic decisions difficult. The authors report two cases of HES in which steroid therapy was effective...
- Congenital hepatic fibrosis: a very uncommon cause of pancytopenia in childrenAntonino Trizzino
Onco Ematologia Pediatrica, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, Palermo, Italy
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:567-8. 2005..The authors report an unusual case of ARPKD presenting with hepatosplenomegaly and cytopenia mimicking acute leukemia...
- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome: report of 2 simultaneous cases in childrenPiero Farruggia
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, Ospedale dei Bambini G. Di Cristina, Palermo, Italy
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:177-81. 2006..A mild left midriasis was the only neurologic defect that persisted in the patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia...
- Mutations affecting mRNA splicing are the most common molecular defect in patients with familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis type 3Alessandra Santoro
Divisione di Ematologia I, A O V Cervello, Palermo, Italy
Haematologica 93:1086-90. 2008..This finding has implications for designing strategies for analysis of the families with suspected familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis...