Affiliation: Ospedale San Gerardo
- Outcome of very late relapse in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaCarmelo Rizzari
Pediatric Department of Monza, Italy
Haematologica 89:427-34. 2004..The present study was aimed at investigating clinical features and treatment outcome of children with very late relapse, diagnosed and treated in Italy in the last 20 years...
- A pharmacological study on pegylated asparaginase used in front-line treatment of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaCarmelo Rizzari
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Milano Bicocca, S Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
Haematologica 91:24-31. 2006..The main goal of the present study was to investigate the pharmacological effects of the administration of PEG-ASP given as a first-line product in children with ALL...
- Role of treatment intensification in infants with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of two consecutive AIEOP studiesAndrea Biondi
Centro Ricerche Leucemie Infantili M Tettamanti, Clinica Pediatrica Università Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Haematologica 91:534-7. 2006..The corresponding figures for patients treated in the ALL-91 high-risk protocol (reduced induction and nine blocks) were one of seven patients treated with chemotherapy only and none of two who were transplanted...
- Optimizing asparaginase therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemiaCarmelo Rizzari
Department of Pediatrics, San Gerardo Hospital, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Curr Opin Oncol 25:S1-9. 2013..Based on the indications of different protocols, lack of cross-reactivity to the E. coli-derived products and taking into consideration regulatory factors and availability, crisantaspase may be considered a viable second-line therapy...
- Predictive factors of relapse and survival in childhood acute myeloid leukemia: role of minimal residual diseaseCarmelo Rizzari
Department of Pediatrics, S Gerardo Hospital, Via Pergolesi 33, Monza, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 11:1391-401. 2011..This article is focused on the current available information on MRD as a prognostic marker in childhood AML...
- FLT3 internal tandem duplication in childhood acute myeloid leukaemia: association with hyperleucocytosis in acute promyelocytic leukaemiaPaolo Arrigoni
Centro Ricerca M Tettamanti, Clinica Pediatrica Università di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Br J Haematol 120:89-92. 2003..5%, P = 0.29). In APL patients, FLT3/ITD was strongly correlated to a higher white blood cell count at diagnosis and the M3 French-American-British subtype...
- A boy with Burkitt lymphoma associated with Noonan syndrome due to a mutation in RAF1Paola Cianci
Pediatric Genetic Unit, Pediatric Department at Monza Brianza per il Bambino e la sua Mamma MBBM Foundation, S Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 161:1401-4. 2013....
- Long-term results of the AIEOP-ALL-95 Trial for Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: insight on the prognostic value of DNA index in the framework of Berlin-Frankfurt-Muenster based chemotherapyMaurizio Arico
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, Palermo, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:283-9. 2008..The prognostic value of DNA index was explored in this setting...
- Ancestry and pharmacogenetics of antileukemic drug toxicityShinji Kishi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Blood 109:4151-7. 2007..026). The genotype-phenotype associations were similar whether analyses were adjusted by self-reported race or ancestry-informative genetic markers. Germ-line polymorphisms are significant determinants of toxicity of antileukemic therapy...
- Long-term results of a randomized trial on extended use of high dose L-asparaginase for standard risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAndrea Pession
Associazione Italiana di Ematologia Oncologia Pediatrica AIEOP, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:7161-7. 2005....
- Treatment reduction in highly selected standard-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The AIEOP ALL-9501 studyMaurizio Arico
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, 90134 Palermo, Italy
Haematologica 90:1186-91. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of treatment reduction in a subset of children with ALL at minimal risk of failure...
- Improved outcome in high-risk childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia defined by prednisone-poor response treated with double Berlin-Frankfurt-Muenster protocol IIMaurizio Arico
Onco Ematologia Pediatrica, Ospedale dei Bambini G Di Cristina, Palermo, Italy
Blood 100:420-6. 2002..This modified therapy may lead to high cure rates for patients defined as at high risk for intrinsic resistance to corticosteroids only...