Affiliation: Ospedale A. Manzoni
- Updated definitions of healthy ranges for serum alanine aminotransferase levelsDaniele Prati
Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, Laboratorio di Epidemiologia, Divisione di Ematologia, Istituto di Statistica Medica e Biometria, Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Milan, Italy
Ann Intern Med 137:1-10. 2002..Current standards for "normal" ALT level were defined by using populations that included persons with subclinical liver disease...
- Clinical and genetic characterization of Chanarin-Dorfman syndrome patients: first report of large deletions in the ABHD5 geneChiara Redaelli
Department of Psychology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy
Orphanet J Rare Dis 5:33. 2010..The clinical phenotype involves multiple organs and systems, including liver, eyes, ears, skeletal muscle and central nervous system (CNS). Mutations in ABHD5/CGI58 gene are associated with CDS...
- Transmission of hepatitis C virus by blood transfusions and other medical procedures: a global reviewDaniele Prati
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Hematology, Ospedale Alessandro Manzoni, Lecco, Italy Postgraduate School of Gastroenterology, University of Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 45:607-16. 2006..Given the substantial difference in current disease transmission patterns between the northern and southern hemispheres, the situation in developed and developing countries is separately analysed...
- Viral and metabolic factors influencing alanine aminotransferase activity in patients with chronic hepatitis CDaniele Prati
Ospedale A Manzoni, Lecco and IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 44:679-85. 2006..To clarify the role and interactions of viral and host factors in inducing liver cell injury, we examined the associations of several virological and metabolic variables with serum alanine aminotransferase levels...
- Implementation and outcomes of a transfusion-related acute lung injury surveillance programme and study of HLA/HNA alloimmunisation in blood donorsLaura Porretti
Department of Regenerative Medicine, IRCCS Ca Granda Maggiore Policlinico Hospital Foundation, Milan, Italy
Blood Transfus 10:351-9. 2012..We investigated the incidence and aetiology of TRALI in Lombardy. Moreover, we determined the rate of HLA and HNA alloimmunisation and the HNA genotype in a cohort of local blood donors...
- A cluster of patients with recombinant B/F HIV-1 infection: epidemiological, clinical, and virological aspectsRoberto Rossotti
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, AO Alessandro Manzoni, Lecco, Italy
J Med Virol 83:1493-8. 2011..PIs and NNRTIs are effective but further tests are needed to allow the more efficient recognition of these viral strains and establish how they should be treated...
- Evidence of distinct tumour-propagating cell populations with different properties in primary human hepatocellular carcinomaFederico Colombo
Experimental Hepatology Laboratory, Centre of Transfusion Medicine, Cellular Therapy and Cryobiology, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e21369. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate and characterise tumour-propagating cell (TPC) compartments within human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Clinical and histological characterization of liver disease in patients with transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia. A multicenter study of 117 casesDaniele Prati
Dept of Blood Transfusion and Transplantation Immunology, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 89:1179-86. 2004..We conducted a multicenter study within the Cooleycare Group to describe the clinical and histopathological features of liver disease in currently treated thalassemics...
- Recommendations for the management of mixed cryoglobulinemia syndrome in hepatitis C virus-infected patientsMaurizio Pietrogrande
Medicina Interna, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, Policlinico San Marco of Zingonia, University of Milan, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 10:444-54. 2011..The objective of this review was to define a core set of recommendations for the treatment of HCV-associated mixed cryoglobulinemia syndrome (MCS) by combining current evidence from clinical trials and expert opinion...
- Severe steatohepatitis in a patient with a rare neutral lipid storage disorder due to ABHD5 mutationAnna Ronchetti
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedale Alessandro Manzoni, Lecco, Italy
J Hepatol 49:474-7. 2008....
- Simultaneous characterization of progenitor cell compartments in adult human liverLaura Porretti
Center of Transfusion Medicine, Cellular Therapy and Cryobiology, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Cytometry A 77:31-40. 2010..We also optimized a flow cytometry approach that will be useful in exploring the contribution of these cells to the pathogenesis of liver disease...
- Flow-cytometric approach to the prompt laboratory diagnosis of TRALI: a case reportLaura Porretti
Servizio Autonomo per il Prelievo e Trapianto di Organi e Tessuti, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Eur J Haematol 73:295-9. 2004..In this report we describe our flow-cytometry approach to the laboratory diagnosis of a case of TRALI in a recipient of fresh frozen plasma containing human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class II antibodies...
- A cluster of human immunodeficiency virus Type 1 recombinant form escaping detection by commercial genomic amplification assaysBarbara Foglieni
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Hematology and Infectious Diseases Unit, Ospedale A Manzoni, Lecco, Italy
Transfusion 51:719-30. 2011..We describe a novel HIV-1 recombinant form associated with lack of reactivity or substantial underestimation of viral load by commercial NAT assays...
- Chronic hepatitis C in patients with persistently normal alanine transaminase levelsMitchell L Shiffman
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA, and Hospital General de Valencia, Spain
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:645-52. 2006..We compared characteristics of chronic hepatitis C patients with patients with normal and elevated ALT levels using data from 3 randomized phase III trials of peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kDa)...
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kilodaltons) and ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C and normal aminotransferase levelsStefan Zeuzem
Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Gastroenterology 127:1724-32. 2004....
- Age at infection affects the long-term outcome of transfusion-associated chronic hepatitis CEliseo Minola
Infectious Diseases Unit, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Blood 99:4588-91. 2002..Our findings suggest that an aggressive therapeutic approach should be adopted in patients infected by HCV at an older age to prevent the progression to end-stage liver disease...
- Non-sterile injections, contaminated blood, and the spread of HIVDaniele Prati
Lancet 368:1064-5. 2006
- Impact of body mass index on short-term outcome after acute myocardial infarction: does excess body weight have a paradoxical protective role?Ilaria Nicoletti
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
Int J Cardiol 107:395-9. 2006..However, the relation between BMI (body mass index) and outcome in patients with AMI has not been completely clarified. The aim of our study was to assess the impact of BMI on short-term outcome after AMI...
- Occult HBV infection and blood transfusionDaniele Prati
J Hepatol 44:818; author reply 819. 2006
- Spectrum of NAFLD and diagnostic implications of the proposed new normal range for serum ALT in obese womenDaniele Prati
Hepatology 42:1460-1; author reply 1461. 2005
- Peripheral blood count abnormalities among patients with hepatitis C in the United StatesDaniele Prati
Hepatology 36:1025-6; author reply 1026. 2002
- Antiendomysial antibodies in patients with end-stage heart failureDaniele Prati
Am J Gastroenterol 97:218-9. 2002