Affiliation: Ospedale Maggiore
- Prognostic validation of the international classification of immunoglobulin M gammopathies: a survival advantage for patients with immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance?Paolo G Gobbi
Medicina Interna e Oncologia Medica and Laboratorio di Ricerche Biotecnologiche, Universita di Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Piazzale Golgi no 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 11:1786-90. 2005..To verify the reliability of the new criteria for the diagnosis of IgM gammopathies recently proposed by an international panel of experts (Athens, 2002)...
- Phase II fludarabine and cyclophosphamide for the treatment of indolent B cell non-follicular lymphomas: final results of the LL02 trial of the Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio dei Linfomi (GISL)Andrea Ferrario
Unità Operativa Ematologia 1, Fondazione IRCCS, Ca Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Dipartimento Scienze Mediche, Universita degli Studi, Via F Sforza 35, Milan, Italy
Ann Hematol 90:323-30. 2011..FC is effective for advanced untreated INFL. Early deaths and haematological toxicity suggest careful patient selection and monitoring...
- Treatment of indolent B-Cell nonfollicular lymphomas: final results of the LL01 randomized trial of the Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio dei LinfomiLuca Baldini
Unità Operativa Ematologia 1, Centro G Marcora, Ospedale Maggiore, IRCCS, Via F Sforza 35, 20121 Milano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:1459-65. 2003..To evaluate the effect of epirubicin on therapeutic response and survival in patients with indolent nonfollicular B-cell lymphomas (INFL) treated with pulsed high-dose chlorambucil...
- Immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathies of undetermined significance and indolent Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia recognize the same determinants of evolution into symptomatic lymphoid disorders: proposal for a common prognostic scoring systemLuca Baldini
Unità Operativa Ematologia 1, Dipartimento di Ematologia e Oncologia, Ospedale Maggiore, I R C C S, Milano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:4662-8. 2005....
- The clinical and biological features of a series of immunophenotypic variant of B-CLLLilla Cro
UO Ematologia 1 CTMO, Universita degli Studi, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milano, Italy
Eur J Haematol 85:120-9. 2010....
- A multicenter retrospective clinical study of CD5/CD10-negative chronic B cell leukemiasMaria Goldaniga
UO Ematologia e Centro Trapianti di Midollo, Ospedale Maggiore, IRCCS, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Am J Hematol 83:349-54. 2008....
- Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab in salvage therapy of Waldenström's macroglobulinemiaAlessandra Tedeschi
Division of Hematology, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda Milano, Milano, Italy
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 13:231-4. 2013..The results of this study suggest that the FCR regimen might overcome poor prognostic features and should be taken into account as salvage treatment. Tardive immunosuppression and myelosuppression warrant accurate patient follow-up...
- The prognostic value of F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose bone marrow uptake in patients with recent diagnosis of multiple myeloma: a comparative study with Tc-99m sestamibiMassimo Castellani
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 35:1-5. 2010..We assessed the prognostic value of F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) uptake in the bone marrow of patients with multiple myeloma (MM) in comparison with Tc-99m methoxy-isobutyl-isonitrile (MIBI)...
- B-cell nasal lymphoma mimicking hyperplastic chronic rhinitisGiovanna Cantarella
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Via Francesco Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:165-7. 2006
- Molecular events underlying interleukin-6 independence in a subclone of the CMA-03 multiple myeloma cell lineDonata Verdelli
Department of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, University of Milano and Hematology CTMO, Fondazione Cà Granda, IRCCS Policlinico, Milano, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:154-67. 2014..In conclusion, the parental cell-line CMA-03 and its variant CMA-03/06 represent a suitable model to further investigate molecular mechanisms involved in the IL-6-independent growth of myeloma cells...
- Immune thrombocytopenia in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia is associated with stereotyped B-cell receptorsCarlo Visco
Department of Hematology, Ospedale San Bortolo, Vicenza, Milano, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 18:1870-8. 2012..To assess biologic features related to the development of immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)...
- CD26 expression in mature B-cell neoplasia: its possible role as a new prognostic marker in B-CLLLilla Cro
Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico MaRe, IRCCS, Centro di Genetica Molecolare, UO Ematologia 1 CTMO, Laboratorio diagnostica onco ematologica, 20122Milan, Italy
Hematol Oncol 27:140-7. 2009....
- Gene expression profiling of plasma cell dyscrasias reveals molecular patterns associated with distinct IGH translocations in multiple myelomaMichela Mattioli
Laboratorio di Ematologia Sperimentale e Genetica Molecolare and U O Ematologia 1, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Milano, Italy
Oncogene 24:2461-73. 2005....
- Introduction of rituximab in front-line and salvage therapies has improved outcome of advanced-stage follicular lymphoma patientsStefano Sacchi
Department of Oncology and Hematology, University of Modena, Modena, Italy
Cancer 109:2077-82. 2007....
- Prognostic relevance of serum beta2 microglobulin in patients with follicular lymphoma treated with anthracycline-containing regimens. A GISL studyMassimo Federico
Dipartimento di Oncologia ed Ematologia, Centro Oncologico Modenese, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Policlinico, Via del Pozzo 71, 41100 Modena, Italy
Haematologica 92:1482-8. 2007..The present study examined the influence of beta2M levels on overall survival (OS) of patients with follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Splenic marginal zone lymphoma: a prognostic model for clinical useLuca Arcaini
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood 107:4643-9. 2006..In conclusion, with the use of readily available factors, this prognostic index may be an effective tool for evaluating the need for treatment and the intensity of therapy in an individual patient...
- ABVD versus modified stanford V versus MOPPEBVCAD with optional and limited radiotherapy in intermediate- and advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: final results of a multicenter randomized trial by the Intergruppo Italiano LinfomiPaolo G Gobbi
Medicina Interna e Oncologia Medica, Universita di Pavia, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:9198-207. 2005....
- High dose sequential chemotherapy with autologous transplantation versus dose-dense chemotherapy MegaCEOP as first line treatment in poor-prognosis diffuse large cell lymphoma: an "Intergruppo Italiano Linfomi" randomized trialUmberto Vitolo
Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Corso Bramante 88, 10126 Turin, Italy
Haematologica 90:793-801. 2005....
- The length of treatment of aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomas established according to the international prognostic index score: long-term results of the GISL LA03 studyMassimo Federico
Dipartimento di Oncologia ed Ematologia, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Eur J Haematol 76:217-29. 2006..To compare two different schedules of two different anthracycline-containing regimens, where length of treatment is modulated according to the international prognostic index (IPI) in patients with aggressive non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)...
- Nongastric marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissueEmanuele Zucca
Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Ospedale San Giovanni, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Blood 101:2489-95. 2003..Our data confirm the indolent nature of nongastric MALT lymphomas and the high rate of patients presenting with disseminated disease, which, when limited to mucosal sites, was not associated with a poorer outcome...
- Prospective study of indolent non-follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: validation of Gruppo Italiano per lo studio dei linfomi (GISL) prognostic criteria for watch and wait policyFortunato Morabito
Centro Trapianti di Midollo Osseo, Dipartimento di Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli Via Melacrino, 89100 Reggio Calabria, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1933-8. 2002..In conclusion, the GISL definition of indolent disease is a reliable tool to design the appropriate therapeutic strategy in this histological setting...
- Angiogenesis occurs in hairy cell leukaemia (HCL) and in NOD/SCID mice transplanted with the HCL line Bonna-12Giancarlo Pruneri
Divisions of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Milan School of Medicine, Italy
Br J Haematol 120:695-8. 2003..The BM tumour burden significantly decreased in patients treated with interferon-alpha, but the mean value of MVD remained unchanged. These data suggest that angiogenesis may be involved in the pathogenesis of HCL...
- Cell cycle regulators in multiple myeloma: prognostic implications of p53 nuclear accumulationGiancarlo Pruneri
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, European Institute of Oncology and University of Milan, School of Medicine, Italy
Hum Pathol 34:41-7. 2003..Our data suggest that the immunohistochemical evaluation of p53 IR in bone marrow biopsies may represent an adjunct in MM patient prognostication...
- Prognostic factors in symptomatic Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemiaGiampaolo Merlini
Research Biotechnology Laboratories, and Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Semin Oncol 30:211-5. 2003..A prognostic index based on age, hemoglobin, and albumin is capable of identifying various groups of patients with different therapeutic needs...
- Prevalence and prognostic significance of sMUC-1 levels in plasma cell dyscrasiasStefano Luminari
Dipartimento di Oncologia ed Ematologia, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Milan, Italy
Br J Haematol 121:772-4. 2003..49 months, P = 0.003)...
- Immunoreactivity for cyclin D1 is a reliable marker of gene aberration in plasma cell myeloma but does not specify patients prognosisGiancarlo Pruneri
Leuk Res 32:1628-32. 2008
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated lymphoma in Crohn's diseaseAlessandra Losco
Postgraduate School of Gastroenterology, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore and Ospedale S Paolo, Milan, Italy
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:425-9. 2004..The identification of such cases may help to define the frequency of this association and how to manage the lymphoproliferative disorder...
- Clinical and molecular complete remission in a case of variant hairy cell leukemia treated with DHAP followed by high-dose chemotherapy plus rituximabMaria Goldaniga
Unità di Ematologia 1, Dipartimento di Ematologia ed Oncologia, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 89:ECR41. 2004
- Microvessel density, a surrogate marker of angiogenesis, is significantly related to survival in multiple myeloma patientsGiancarlo Pruneri
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, University of Milan, School of Medicine, Italy
Br J Haematol 118:817-20. 2002..01), whereas there was no difference in survival between patients with low and high CD105+ MVD. Multivariate analysis confirmed the independent significant association between CD34+ MVD and survival (P = 0.001)...